Problem try to Cast to LG OLED C7 TV

Discuss anything in here as long as it doesn't offend.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Maindee
Master

Problem try to Cast to LG OLED C7 TV

Post by Maindee » Fri Jul 30, 2021 14:19

I have been trying to cast from a Microsoft Surface laptop to an LG OLED C7 Smart TV without success. After many attempts I am beginning to think that its is not possible for whatever reason. My guess is that the problem lies with the TV (its probably 4-5 years old) but can somebody please advise me whether this is possible or not but if so how?

Thank you.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Problem try to Cast to LG OLED C7 TV

Post by MrQuade » Fri Jul 30, 2021 15:45

Maindee wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 14:19
I have been trying to cast from a Microsoft Surface laptop to an LG OLED C7 Smart TV without success. After many attempts I am beginning to think that its is not possible for whatever reason.
What have you tried, and perhaps more importantly, what are you trying to cast?
There are quite a few types of content that try to protect themselves against being screen-mirrored to a larger display.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Sat Jul 31, 2021 09:22

Thanks for responding MrQuade.

My reason for trying to Cast (Mirror) from my PC to the TV is that my son has provided me with access to his Foxtel account essentially for the sport. I am also trying to connect up to 7Plus.

I have tried mirroring both from my laptop and the TVs own web browser (there is now a 7Plus icon in the rolling menu at the bottom of the screen) but while I can access the these sites as soon as I try to get past their opening screen nothing happens. There is clearly a blockage somewhere, but where?

I have even considered trying to hard wire the laptop to the TV but found that my laptop doesn't have an HDMI port (I think I knew that when I bought it several year ago).

So where do I go from here?

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Sat Jul 31, 2021 09:37

Perhaps a few more details would help

On the Computer went to: Settings/Bluetooth and Other Devices/LGTV (not connected)

On the TV went to: Device Connector/PC/Screen Share/MiraCast/Start/you can now view your devices screen on your LGTV

Cheers

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Jul 31, 2021 13:44

Maindee wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 09:22
My reason for trying to Cast (Mirror) from my PC to the TV is that my son has provided me with access to his Foxtel account essentially for the sport. I am also trying to connect up to 7Plus.
Both Foxtel Now and Seven+ have native apps on the LG TV's app store.
(It says the Foxtel app is compatible with the 2017 series TVs, though I know that Foxtel's app ecosystem is a bit of a mess with so many different offerings).

Have you explored using those apps instead?

Another option would be to buy a Google Chromecast TV. You are pretty much guaranteed that all casting options are covered, and they will have native apps for just about everything.

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Sat Jul 31, 2021 18:28

Thanks MrQuade for your help here.

I have download your suggested apps to my TV. The Foxtel app works well but not the 7Plus app even though I have tried all three browsers available. The site I am trying to get to is https://7plus.com.au/connect but no joy. It doesn't work on my computer either. It tells me (on the computer) to enter the code seen on my TV but there is no code. I feel that I am going around in circles. Do you have any suggestions?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Jul 31, 2021 21:02

Maindee wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 18:28

I have download your suggested apps to my TV. The Foxtel app works well but not the 7Plus app even though I have tried all three browsers available. The site I am trying to get to is https://7plus.com.au/connect but no joy. It doesn't work on my computer either. It tells me (on the computer) to enter the code seen on my TV but there is no code. I feel that I am going around in circles. Do you have any suggestions?
What do you mean by "it doesn't work on my computer"?
If you have gotten as far as the "enter the code seen on your TV" message, then the website appears to be working.

When you open the 7 app on the TV, your need to select the option to login, and it should show you the code.

I tried this on my C7 tv today, and it appeared to work for me.

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Thu Aug 05, 2021 17:27

Mr McQuade,

Sorry to have taken so long too get back to you. When trying to set up 7Plus I didn't get as far as having to enter a password. But, after some perseverence I did solve the connection issue. I deleted everything to do with 7Plus from my computer and tv and started again. Lo and behold it all worked so I have been enjoying watching the Olympics during these days of lockdown here in Brisbane.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”