IceTV's XMLTV EPG Feed

Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

mrcell
Apprentice

IceTV's XMLTV EPG Feed

Post by mrcell » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:34

I've been searching the forum for any mention of anyone using the $3.99 per month XMLTV subscription rather than the full Ice TV subscription. I found a thread that suggested the CrossEPG plugin supported XML EPG feeds but this doesn't seem to be the case. Does anyone know if there's anything that would let me use Ice TV XMLTV on either my current T3 or the U4 I'm thinking of buying?

Background - long story short, I've tried the full Ice TV before and it's just not useful enough to me to pay $8/month. I know lots of people love it and power to you but it's not for me. I would be willing to pay $4/month to be able to see the "Repeat" notification that Ice TV puts in its EPG descriptions. I know full Ice TV allows you to custom tag the titles e.g. [RPT] but once again it's a $8 vs $4 thing and I'm happy with needing to go into the EPG entry description to see whether it was a repeat if I can get that for $4.

prl
Wizard God

Re: IceTV's XMLTV EPG Feed

Post by prl » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:56

The two main issues I can see with even getting started with using IceTV's XMLTV EPG Feed with CrossEPG is that there is no config file for the IceTV XMLTV feed, and that the existing XMLTV config files split the EPG downloads into two parts, a channels URL and an EPG URL. IceTV's XMLTV has both the channels and EPG all in a single download from a single URL. It may work to create a providers config file that uses the same URL both the channel and EPG URLS, but I don't know.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

mrcell
Apprentice

Post by mrcell » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:12

Thanks Peter, I was hoping there may have been some other plugin that supported it but I'll have to live without it. If I do get a U4 and I get another free Ice TV offer I might give it another go and see if it grows on me.

It's annoying that the FTA EPG doesn't put labels such as R or Repeat in its descriptions.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jan 08, 2019 13:53

I just tried CrossEPG on my test U4, and I can't get anywhere with it because its configuration is set to be displayed in places that the Beyonwiz firmware ignores. It appears to work in OpenViX (from screenshots on the Web, not from actually trying it).
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Ice TV”