How to use IceTV?

Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

muzza
Apprentice

How to use IceTV?

Post by muzza » Thu Jun 02, 2016 20:02

I've signed up for the 1 month IceTV trial, downloaded the app and went through the EPG, setting up the series recordings.

It was 'fairly' straightforward, and all my timers are showing n the iPad, but they're not showing up on the T4.

I can't see any 'save' or 'send' button in the app. How do I get the timers into the T4?

prl
Wizard God

Re: How to use IceTV?

Post by prl » Thu Jun 02, 2016 20:07

Have you downloaded the IceTV plugin?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Gully

Post by Gully » Thu Jun 02, 2016 20:08

Have you set it up on your Beyonwiz as well?

You need to install the plugin, and then reboot or GUI restart. Then log in on the Beyonwiz.

The transfers should happen automatically once they are talking to each other.
Cheers
Gully

muzza
Apprentice

Post by muzza » Thu Jun 02, 2016 20:16

Yep. Installed the plugin two days ago and rebooted. The EPG shows the little IceTV logo.

How do I check that the plugin is installed properly?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Jun 02, 2016 20:19

Did you also run the setup wizard for the plugin?
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

muzza
Apprentice

Post by muzza » Thu Jun 02, 2016 20:26

I'm not sure. How do I do that?

One thing, when I start the 'Wiz from scratch, I have to sign in to IceTV.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Jun 02, 2016 20:35

Open the main menu and select the IceTV in the plugin column to the left. From there, you can run the IceTV setup wizard.

You can also check the IceTV logs from there and force a manual refresh if you need to.

Also, make sure that when you set recordings from the app or website, that you select your T4 as the target recording device.

muzza
Apprentice

Post by muzza » Thu Jun 02, 2016 20:53

I can't see within the IceTV app where to select the T4 as the target device.

I'd say that's where the problem lies.

muzza
Apprentice

Post by muzza » Thu Jun 02, 2016 20:57

Nope, that's not it. I see that all my timers show the Beyonwiz T4 as the destination. It seems everything is set up right, but the information just isn't getting to the T4.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Jun 02, 2016 21:00

Do the IceTV logs on the T4 show any interesting looking error messages?

I presume that the EPG data is being received correctly though, just not the timers?

muzza
Apprentice

Post by muzza » Thu Jun 02, 2016 21:32

MrQuade wrote:Do the IceTV logs on the T4 show any interesting looking error messages?
No. But the only recordings showing in the log are the ones we programmed directly in the 'Wiz.
MrQuade wrote:I presume that the EPG data is being received correctly though, just not the timers?
The EPG data is in the EPG, but how do you tell if it's the basic 'Wiz EPG or the IceTV EPG?

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Jun 02, 2016 21:44

muzza wrote:
MrQuade wrote:Do the IceTV logs on the T4 show any interesting looking error messages?
No. But the only recordings showing in the log are the ones we programmed directly in the 'Wiz.
MrQuade wrote:I presume that the EPG data is being received correctly though, just not the timers?
The EPG data is in the EPG, but how do you tell if it's the basic 'Wiz EPG or the IceTV EPG?
The granularity of Ice programs is down to 5-minute periods - the FTA EIT EPG is down to 1-min periods.
What program boundaries are shown in the T4 EPG?

Can you provide some example timers that haven't made their way to the T4? Name and LCN should do.

For the timers you set manually on the T4, do they show up in Ice 'My Week' (they should)?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Jun 02, 2016 21:45

muzza wrote:
That's fine, that means that those recordings have been copied up to the Ice Servers.

Do you perhaps have more than one T4 attached to your account, and recordings are being sent to the wrong one?
muzza wrote:
The Ice guide will have all event start and stop times rounded to the nearest 5 minute boundary. The FTA guide will have start and stop times rounded off to the minute.
However, if the Ice logo is showing in the EPG, and you have EPG data, then it is a good bet that the Ice EPG data is being used.

muzza
Apprentice

Post by muzza » Thu Jun 02, 2016 22:45

Grumpy_Geoff wrote: Can you provide some example timers that haven't made their way to the T4? Name and LCN should do.
For the timers you set manually on the T4, do they show up in Ice 'My Week' (they should)?
I set up NCIS (2016) (SC10 QLD) in IceTV and it didn't transfer to the wiz timer list.
We set up a single recording of the show and both timers show up in 'My Week', but only the manually configured one shows up on the wiz. Exactly the same for Bosch (2016) (SBS HD)

Other IceTV timers that didn't make it to the wiz are Elementary (SC10 QLD), Scandal (2015) (7flix) and DNA Nation (SBS HD)
Last edited by muzza on Thu Jun 02, 2016 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Thu Jun 02, 2016 22:47

Sounds like something that IceTV technical support should be able to help with. They will have the extra information on their servers to see what is happening.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

muzza
Apprentice

Post by muzza » Thu Jun 02, 2016 22:54

MrQuade wrote:That's fine, that means that those recordings have been copied up to the Ice Servers.
Do you perhaps have more than one T4 attached to your account, and recordings are being sent to the wrong one?
No, I've only got the one.
MrQuade wrote:The Ice guide will have all event start and stop times rounded to the nearest 5 minute boundary. The FTA guide will have start and stop times rounded off to the minute.
Yes, the EPG is the five minute one.

I tried removing the IceTV plugin and reinstalling it. Went through the setup wizard and restarted the gui, refreshed the timers and epg, but still nothing.

It's really weird that IceTV can see what we've programmed on the wiz, but not the other way.

muzza
Apprentice

Post by muzza » Thu Jun 02, 2016 23:12

Thanks for all your efforts boys. I've sent a request through the to IceTV support.

I would've thought this would be a seamless, effortless exercise. Completely doing my head in, and my less-than-technical wife is not really absorbing my enthusiasm for the shiny new box.

muzza
Apprentice

Post by muzza » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:18

IceTV replied. Apparently IceTV thought there were two T4s, so all the recordings were going to the nonexistent one.

They have fixed it from their end, and it now seems to be working as expected.

A couple more questions regarding the various icons, if I may? What is the difference between a 'Series Recording' and a 'Queued Series Recording' in the IceTV app?

I've now programmed all our series recordings through the app and the timer list on the T4 is showing different icons next to the individual timers, even though I think I used the same process for each. The IceTV logo is self explanatory, but what does the green circle with the White double ended arrow signify, and the yellow oval 'loop' arrow?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:28

muzza wrote:IceTV replied. Apparently IceTV thought there were two T4s, so all the recordings were going to the nonexistent one.
MrQuade wrote:Do you perhaps have more than one T4 attached to your account, and recordings are being sent to the wrong one?
;) The two T4s would have most likely been visible from the web interface.
muzza wrote: A couple more questions regarding the various icons, if I may? What is the difference between a 'Series Recording' and a 'Queued Series Recording' in the IceTV app?
That's more of a question for the Ice forums since it is a question about the Ice service. However:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/201 ... cons-mean-

A "queued series recording" just means that the episode of a series has been identified by Ice to record and has been queued to send to the PVR, but has not been sent to the PVR yet. You won't see that happen often if the Wiz is left on, as the Wiz checks in every 15 minutes.
muzza wrote: I've now programmed all our series recordings through the app and the timer list on the T4 is showing different icons next to the individual timers, even though I think I used the same process for each. The IceTV logo is self explanatory, but what does the green circle with the White double ended arrow signify, and the yellow oval 'loop' arrow?
See the FAQ section here.

Return to “Ice TV”