Timer problems using ICETV

Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

TORB
Master

Timer problems using ICETV

Post by TORB » Sun Mar 13, 2016 09:47

I had one problem but after "fixing" it there are now two! :oops: And I followed the destructions too. :cry:

I use the ICETV app to set series recording. On my new T4, initially the timers were showing up correctly in the timer list. However they were not showing up in the EPG highlighted in red the way they did on my old DP2.

After a lot of research, I followed MrQuade's advice in this thread.https://beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9123

Next step was to log into the ICETV application on my PC and go to "My Recorders." Under the setting tab, it states, "BeyonWiz PVRs will require all timers to be cleared before resending any recordings." Went back to the T4 Timer List and did as instructed.

Then I "Resend all recording (to this device.")

The result is that whilst the EPG is there, it doesn't show any programs to be recorded in the next week.

In addition, now the Timer list is empty. I tried kicking it with my size 13 clodhoppers, but the reboot did not help. :shock:

What is really strange is that although I deleted the timers on my TV, when I have a look at "My Week" on the ICETV app, there are no programs to be recorded.

So, can some kind person tell me how to fix this mess?
Cheers
Ric

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: Timer problems using ICETV

Post by IanSav » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:06

Hi Ric,

I am not an IceTV user but I suspect that your problem may relate to a miss match of the LCNs used by IceTV and those used/displayed by your T4. For example if the timer is set for Channel 9 on IceTV using LCN-9 but on your T4 you have LCN-91 in the EPG display then no timer will be shown in the EPG grid.

This problem can occur for all the channels that have multiple LCNs.

Regards,
Ian.

TORB
Master

Post by TORB » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:16

Thanks Ian, but in this case I don't think that's the problem. I was pretty careful setting up the T4 and the ICE page so that the channels matched.
Cheers
Ric

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:21

I think that the advice about clearing timers only applies to the old DP series Beyonwiz units.
There has been a history of some dodgy instructions on the IceTV website like that in the past.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:57

"Clearing a timer" can be done two ways too on the older Beyonwiz, and one way will result in the behaviour you are seeing.
The icetv protocol is two ways, when you delete a timer from the Wiz, it tells icetv you don't want to record the show for that week. You will have to reschedule each one again one by one to fix for this week.
*the other clear option is a clear all from the settings menu which doesn't communicate back to ice about the deletions.
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:55

IanSav wrote:... I am not an IceTV user but I suspect that your problem may relate to a miss match of the LCNs used by IceTV and those used/displayed by your T4. For example if the timer is set for Channel 9 on IceTV using LCN-9 but on your T4 you have LCN-91 in the EPG display then no timer will be shown in the EPG grid.

This problem can occur for all the channels that have multiple LCNs.
LCNs are not used anywhere in the protocol for the T series IceTV. Channels are identified by ONID:TSID:SID triples.

That's not to say that the changes in channels that happened recently can't throw IceTV into a bit of a spin. These problems are sometimes flagged by Terrestrial TV LCN having false duplicate LCNs (350 and above), but the LCNs there are a symptom, not a cause.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:58

TORB wrote:... So, can some kind person tell me how to fix this mess?
Did you rescan after the new channels became available, and how did you rescan? If you just did a Location Scan as suggested in Video: Rescanning your TV channels that will produce the sort of problems you seem to be describing.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

TORB
Master

Post by TORB » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:51

prl wrote:Did you rescan after the new channels became available, and how did you rescan?
Its a new instillation and has only been installed for a few days. When I set it up, I did a full scan at that time.
Cheers
Ric

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Mar 13, 2016 13:19

What's your IceTV region (you can check this on your IceTV account Web pages in My Account>Guide settings), and what channel(s) have you tried setting IceTV recordings on?

Are you using a Favourites list when you view the EPG? What is the name shown on the left just above the EPG grid and melow the program summary: it should be one of Favourites (TV), Last Scanned or Terrsetrial TV LCN.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Mar 13, 2016 14:20

Hi Ric
TORB wrote:...
Next step was to log into the ICETV application on my PC and go to "My Recorders." Under the setting tab, it states, "BeyonWiz PVRs will require all timers to be cleared before resending any recordings." Went back to the T4 Timer List and did as instructed.

Then I "Resend all recording (to this device.")

The result is that whilst the EPG is there, it doesn't show any programs to be recorded in the next week.

In addition, now the Timer list is empty. I tried kicking it with my size 13 clodhoppers, but the reboot did not help. :shock:

What is really strange is that although I deleted the timers on my TV, when I have a look at "My Week" on the ICETV app, there are no programs to be recorded.
tonymy01 wrote:"Clearing a timer" can be done two ways too on the older Beyonwiz, and one way will result in the behaviour you are seeing.
The icetv protocol is two ways, when you delete a timer from the Wiz, it tells icetv you don't want to record the show for that week. You will have to reschedule each one again one by one to fix for this week.
*the other clear option is a clear all from the settings menu which doesn't communicate back to ice about the deletions.
If I've got this right -
  • the IceTV EPG is shown on the T4
  • no Ice-scheduled timers show on the T4,
  • nothing appears scheduled in the IceTV "My Week"
    (but that's not suprising since you had deleted them all from the T4, they were then removed from the week's Ice schedule)
I'm with tonymy01 on this - you have to do a 'Schedule new recording' on each one

TORB
Master

Post by TORB » Sun Mar 13, 2016 14:43

Grumpy_Geoff wrote: If I've got this right -
  • the IceTV EPG is shown on the T4
  • no Ice-scheduled timers show on the T4,
  • nothing appears scheduled in the IceTV "My Week"
    (but that's not suprising since you had deleted them all from the T4, they were then removed from the week's Ice schedule)
I'm with tonymy01 on this - you have to do a 'Schedule new recording' on each one
Hi GG,

You have got it 100% right so I will have to manually set the timers for the next week.

Once the week is up, should the programs showing in the timer list, show in red on the EPG page?

Not impressed with IceTV having incorrect info in their destructions. I could say "unprofessional" etc, but they have already proved that spectacularly by going broke.
Cheers
Ric

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Mar 13, 2016 15:03

prl wrote:What's your IceTV region (you can check this on your IceTV account Web pages in My Account>Guide settings), and what channel(s) have you tried setting IceTV recordings on?

Are you using a Favourites list when you view the EPG? What is the name shown on the left just above the EPG grid and melow the program summary: it should be one of Favourites (TV), Last Scanned or Terrsetrial TV LCN.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

mac37
Apprentice

Post by mac37 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 16:39

prl wrote: LCNs are not used anywhere in the protocol for the T series IceTV. Channels are identified by ONID:TSID:SID triples.
Beyonwiz T2 - Sunshine Coast

Just a small question on this, if I may ?
As an example, I have both Bris and Sunshine Coast versions of Channel 72 (LCN 72 & LCN 62)
They both provide their own unique sets of triples, when scanned, one for LCN 72 and one for LCN 62.
Dave @ IceTV has banned me from using Sunshine Coast 72 (for reasons which are irrelevant to this discussion).
So I can only set up 7TWO and not 7TWO - QLD. 72 - QLD is disabled and not ticked.
If I set, in my IceTV account, 7TWO (bris) to LCN 72, it will schedule and record on 72 Bris.
If I set, in my IceTV account, 7TWO (bris) to LCN 62, it will schedule and record on 62 Sunshine Coast.
Same triples - different LCN........
Same for 7mate etc. etc..
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
Linden 65” UHD LED LCD TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Mar 13, 2016 17:43

mac37 wrote:
prl wrote:LCNs are not used anywhere in the protocol for the T series IceTV. Channels are identified by ONID:TSID:SID triples.

As an example, I have both Bris and Sunshine Coast versions of Channel 72 (LCN 72 & LCN 62)
They both provide their own unique sets of triples, when scanned, one for LCN 72 and one for LCN 62.
Do they?
Dave @ IceTV has banned me from using Sunshine Coast 72 (for reasons which are irrelevant to this discussion).
So I can only set up 7TWO and not 7TWO - QLD. 72 - QLD is disabled and not ticked.
If I set, in my IceTV account, 7TWO (bris) to LCN 72, it will schedule and record on 72 Bris.
If I set, in my IceTV account, 7TWO (bris) to LCN 62, it will schedule and record on 62 Sunshine Coast.
Same triples - different LCN........
Same for 7mate etc. etc..
There are two sets of triples for 7TWO in the Sunshine coast scan (what are listed here are service refs, which contain the triples: if the servicerefs are the same the triples are, too):

Code: Select all

# Sunshine Coast
# Service reference                Picon base name        Service name
1:0:1:542:504:1013:EEEE0000:0:0:0: 7two                 # 7TWO
1:0:1:962:950:1013:EEEE0000:0:0:0: 7two                 # 7TWO
The first of the two is the same as the Brisbane serviceref for 7TWO:

# Brisbane
The IceTV triples are the 3rd, 4th and 5th numbers in the serviceref (SID, TSID, ONID).

Exactly those values are used by the T series code to find the EPG data for the corresponding channel when an IceTV timer is being set up. It's a three-step process: the "set timer" command contains a channel id; the channel id looks up and IceTV server-provided table to look up the triple and that triple is used to query the EPG to get that channel's EPG entries.

The channel's LCN is not used at all (or even specified in the "set timer" command) at the PVR end. In the timer-setting process, the association between the LCN and the triple is known only to the server. Dave's instructions are presumably to ensure that the triples used are the right ones for you. "Banning" is perhaps a little strong for that.

I don't know what the LCN-triple associations are for Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast. I have the serviceref data for the picon setup and only the serviceref data is needed for that. I don't know what the mappings are on the IceTV servers are either.

The Sunshine Coast/Brisbane/Gold Coast/NSW Northern Rivers region is an area that has an "interesting" broadcast setup. What with all that, and the DST differences between the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

TORB
Master

Post by TORB » Mon Mar 14, 2016 05:49

mac37 wrote:
prl wrote:

So I can only set up 7TWO and not 7TWO - QLD. 72 - QLD is disabled and not ticked.............
My situation is similar. It came to light when I first installed my P2 and had recording problems. On a full scan, I was picking up the Illawarra (Knights Hill transmitters) as well as Mittagong transmitters. I was instructed to do a partial scan so I only picked up the closest set.
Cheers
Ric

mac37
Apprentice

Post by mac37 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 16:38

prl wrote:
mac37 wrote:
prl wrote:LCNs are not used anywhere in the protocol for the T series IceTV. Channels are identified by ONID:TSID:SID triples.
Do they? Yes !
There are two sets of triples for 7TWO in the Sunshine coast scan (what are listed here are service refs, which contain the triples: if the servicerefs are the same the triples are, too):

# Sunshine Coast
# Service reference                Picon base name        Service name
1:0:1:962:950:1013:EEEE0000:0:0:0: 7two                 # 7TWO
The first of the two is the same as the Brisbane serviceref for 7TWO:

# Brisbane
The IceTV triples are the 3rd, 4th and 5th numbers in the serviceref (SID, TSID, ONID).
And the second of the two is really for 7TWO - QLD and is what is scanned for LCN 62 for EPG purposes.

Also, since I am er... "not allowed" to use 7TWO - QLD, Then this does not get configured in "my account" in IceTV.
So we are back to using the set for Brisbane only,.
And, as I said, if I allocate LCN 72, then that is the channel that gets recorded. (Brisbane 72)
If I allocate LCN 62, then THAT is what gets recorded. (Sunshine Coast 62)
Same service ref - triples or whatever, but different LCNs.

You may remember when I had the fight with Dave over my LCN 6 (SC version of 7) giving a no matching service, and you helped to get that resolved (which is when I had my first lesson on triples and services - thank you). That was also a difference between Brisbane 7 and SC 6.
However, I am "allowed" to have both Brisbane (7) and SC (6).
Beyonwiz T2 X 2

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Mar 14, 2016 18:07

I know a fair bit about what the Beyonwiz T series does with IceTV. Very little about what happens in the IceTV servers.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

mac37
Apprentice

Post by mac37 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 00:00

OK - It is not a real problem - I was just curious about the part LCNs played - let's let it be.
And thanks for all the great info.
Beyonwiz T2 X 2

GregH
Master

Post by GregH » Tue Mar 15, 2016 13:34

My TenHD doesn't show recordings in the EPG but the recordings work through IceTV timers. I'm waiting for the firmware upgrade for the picons to hopefully fix this. I understand we are waiting for Ch7 to go HD before this happens. I hope I'm right if not I have a problem. I re-scanned after Mar 2 and re-setup my favorites to include the new channels. I hope I did the right thing. I don't use Beta firmware.

Cheers,

Greg
T4 Wired Network
Sony 75" 9500X UHD LED HDMI
LG 3D Blu-Ray HDMI
Foxtel iQ4 HDMI
Denon AVR-X1200W

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Mar 15, 2016 14:23

GregH wrote:My TenHD doesn't show recordings in the EPG but the recordings work through IceTV timers. I'm waiting for the firmware upgrade for the picons to hopefully fix this. I understand we are waiting for Ch7 to go HD before this happens. I hope I'm right if not I have a problem. I re-scanned after Mar 2 and re-setup my favorites to include the new channels. I hope I did the right thing. I don't use Beta firmware.
Your issue with the timers not showing in the EPG will most likely be unrelated to the picon updates.
Just to be sure, check for the timers by looking at the EPG for the "Terrestrial TV LCN" bouquet insead of your Favourites bouquet. See if the timers show there. Often if a channel has a duplicate LCN, Ice will add the timers for the LCN that is not in your Favourites bouquet.
Seeing as TenHD only has the one LCN, then are you sure that the recordings are actually taking place on TenHD and not on the TenSD service?

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Mar 15, 2016 14:36

GregH wrote:My TenHD doesn't show recordings in the EPG but the recordings work through IceTV timers.
In the timer list, what service do the IceTV TEN HD recordings show against?

I'm suspecting your Favourites bouquet doesn't contain the same TEN HD service reference as the derived service ref from the Ice timer data.
Using your Terrestial TV LCN bouquet, can you select TEN HD in live TV, then press MENU > Information > Service. Check the Service reference there and compare it to the TEN HD from your Favourites bouquet - any difference in the string?
Do you have any services in your Terrestial TV LCN bouquet at 350/+?

forty7
Apprentice

Post by forty7 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 13:02

GregH wrote:My TenHD doesn't show recordings in the EPG but the recordings work through IceTV timers
I also have this issue. I have done a re-scan and then re-setup my favorites bouquet without success.
The timer doesn't highlight red in my Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet either.
I also only have one TenHD LCN (i.e. no duplicates).

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Mar 16, 2016 13:37

forty7 wrote:
GregH wrote:My TenHD doesn't show recordings in the EPG but the recordings work through IceTV timers
I also have this issue. I have done a re-scan and then re-setup my favorites bouquet without success.
The timer doesn't highlight red in my Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet either.
I also only have one TenHD LCN (i.e. no duplicates).
Well, well, well - 3 holes in the ground.
I was thinking 'another one?' - so your post then got me to check my timers, and there you go; no highlighted TEN HD program for my IceTV timer for tonight's showing of The Good Wife (haven't checked others).

Timer from Ice -

<timer begin="1458134400" end="1458140040" serviceref="1:0:1:684:607:1014:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="The Good Wife" description="Hearing" afterevent="auto" eit="35746" tags="" disabled="0" justplay="0" always_zap="0" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" ice_timer_id="16172708932291246570">
</timer>
Service Reference prefix from Ice is "1:0:1: whereas actual T4 prefix is "1:0:19:"
So my guess is that the Ice server has the wrong (old) info for TEN HD (MPEG2 c.f. MPEG4???)

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Wed Mar 16, 2016 15:46

You need to be on the current beta to get a fix for the service reference issues. Once you are on the beta feed and up to date, the references will be updated / fixed only on new timers received from IceTV. Any existing timers will have to be manually removed from the configuration and recreated to have the service reference updated.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Mar 16, 2016 16:55

peteru wrote:You need to be on the current beta to get a fix for the service reference issues. Once you are on the beta feed and up to date, the references will be updated / fixed only on new timers received from IceTV. Any existing timers will have to be manually removed from the configuration and recreated to have the service reference updated.
I deleted the timer from Ice, and waited until corresponding delete on the T4
I was on 2016-03-07, so I updated to 2016-03-09 and rebooted.
Re-sent timer from Ice, then triggered a fetch from the Wiz

==> no change
Timer still has Service Type 0x01 (serviceref="1:0:1:684:607:1014:EEEE0000:0:0:0:")

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Mar 17, 2016 13:24

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
peteru wrote:You need to be on the current beta to get a fix for the service reference issues. Once you are on the beta feed and up to date, the references will be updated / fixed only on new timers received from IceTV. Any existing timers will have to be manually removed from the configuration and recreated to have the service reference updated.
I deleted the timer from Ice, and waited until corresponding delete on the T4
I was on 2016-03-07, so I updated to 2016-03-09 and rebooted.
Re-sent timer from Ice, then triggered a fetch from the Wiz

==> no change
Timer still has Service Type 0x01 (serviceref="1:0:1:684:607:1014:EEEE0000:0:0:0:")
My TEN HD timers now highlight the target program in the EPG.
I performed a manual scan, twice - complete scan, with clear before scan of 'yes'.
This cleared traces of 'New Channel' (early 7flix) I had in the "Seven Network" Provider list, and also a 2nd TEN HD in the "TEN Perth" provider.
I removed the TEN HD timers from IceTV, waited until deleted from the T4, then rescheduled them again.
Bingo, job done, generated timer now has Service Type 0x19 (serviceref="1:0:19:684:607:1014:EEEE0000:0:0:0:")

TORB
Master

Post by TORB » Thu May 19, 2016 18:04

I have upgraded myT4 to the new software revision that was recently released. However, I still am having an issue with IceTV on the T4.

In my Guide Settings channel selection list (NSW-Wollongong) SBS Channel 3 is listed as disabled. The EPG info should be going to SBSHD on Channel 30. Unfortunately the EPG info in going to Channel 3.

ABC is listed as the info going to Channel 21 but its going to Channel 2.

Prime Southern shows Channel 61 selected for the EPG info, but its going to Channel 6. (However, 7Two on Channel 62 works properly.)

I use an abbreviated (Favorite) list in my EPG Guide. Not having the correct info showing is a pain in the you know where.

Is there a solution to this problem? I thought the new system software was going to fix it. Or did I misinterpret some info posted previously?
Cheers
Ric

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu May 19, 2016 18:19

TORB wrote: In my Guide Settings channel selection list (NSW-Wollongong) SBS Channel 3 is listed as disabled. The EPG info should be going to SBSHD on Channel 30. Unfortunately the EPG info in going to Channel 3.

ABC is listed as the info going to Channel 21 but its going to Channel 2.

Prime Southern shows Channel 61 selected for the EPG info, but its going to Channel 6. (However, 7Two on Channel 62 works properly.)
I have seen no way to force the Wiz to make recordings on the higher numbered LCNs. I think it just picks the lower numbered ones as they are found first in a scan of the bouquets.

I just made sure that I added the lower numbered LCNs to my favouries bouquet and left it at that. No sense in fighting it I figured ;).

If you are one of those who have jiggered their bouquets to retain LCN numbering, then you should still be able to add the low numbered LCNs to your favourites bouquet from the Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet, but then re-jigger the order in your favourites so that they appear to be the high numbered ones.

Gully

Post by Gully » Thu May 19, 2016 18:38

Not using IceTV currently but this might be something to configure under your account on the IceTV website.

You could change the default send to all for each service to the LCN you wish to use.

You'll most likely need to resend timers or need to wait for new ones to come through.
Cheers
Gully

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Thu May 19, 2016 19:14

There is an issue with the BW if you don't use the lowest LCN on the icetv website. I use the lowest LCN but it automatically populates all of the channels anyway so it's fine. But I know if you are in regional areas that doesn't always work.

I would post on the icetv forum or contact them directly as they can normally set it up properly for you.
Beyonwiz T4

TORB
Master

Post by TORB » Thu May 19, 2016 21:16

Thanks for the responses.
simoncasey wrote:There is an issue with the BW if you don't use the lowest LCN on the icetv website. I use the lowest LCN but it automatically populates all of the channels anyway so it's fine. But I know if you are in regional areas that doesn't always work.

I would post on the icetv forum or contact them directly as they can normally set it up properly for you.
I did that a couple of days ago but there has been no response. :( I sent a support request through yesterday but IceTV have not responded to that either. :cry:
Cheers
Ric

Return to “Ice TV”