Getting permission to create Pull Requests on Bitbucket

Moderators: Gully, peteru

gtwundke
Apprentice

Getting permission to create Pull Requests on Bitbucket

Post by gtwundke » Sun Jun 09, 2019 16:30

I've made a couple of changes to the code in Bitbucket (and also raised a couple of related Issues), but don't have the required permissions to create Pull Requests on the easy-ui-4 repository. What's the process for getting those permissions?

Tim.
U4 500GB (beta update feed, OverlayHD)
Synology DS918+
Pioneer SC-LX73 Receiver
Samsung PS50C7000 50" Plasma
Logitech Harmony Elite

peteru
Uber Wizard

Re: Getting permission to create Pull Requests on Bitbucket

Post by peteru » Mon Jun 10, 2019 01:07

You fork the beyonwiz/easy-ui-4 repo to get your own copy, twundke/easy-ui-4 (seems you have done this already).

You then clone your own repo to your local machine, create a branch and make changes on that branch (seems you have done this already).

Then you push the branch with the changes back to Bitbucket twundke/easy-ui-4 repo (seems you have done this already).

Then you browse to the twundke/easy-ui-4 repo on Bitbucket and issue a pull request against beyonwiz/easy-ui-4 - there should be no need for any special permissions.

So, in summary you are on the right track, you just need to work your way through the Bitbucket user interface when creating pull-requests. @adoxa may be able to give you a hand when it comes to the details (I can't really help because I don't issue pull-request, instead I can make commits and push them.)

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

gtwundke
Apprentice

Post by gtwundke » Mon Jun 10, 2019 13:14

peteru wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 01:07
Then you browse to the twundke/easy-ui-4 repo on Bitbucket and issue a pull request against beyonwiz/easy-ui-4 - there should be no need for any special permissions.
Ahh, having very rarely had to use pull requests, it would seem that I was trying to start the pull request from the beyonwiz-owned repository, not my fork. It just feels backwards doing it that way, but I guess it ultimately makes sense. Thanks for the help Peter.

Tim.
U4 500GB (beta update feed, OverlayHD)
Synology DS918+
Pioneer SC-LX73 Receiver
Samsung PS50C7000 50" Plasma
Logitech Harmony Elite

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jun 26, 2019 22:06

gtwundke wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 13:14

Ahh, having very rarely had to use pull requests, it would seem that I was trying to start the pull request from the beyonwiz-owned repository, not my fork. It just feels backwards doing it that way, but I guess it ultimately makes sense.

The pull request is a request to the owner of the upstream repository to pull (incorporate) changes you've made in your fork.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Developers Community”