BW hdd free space not updating

Moderators: Gully, peteru

CJSStK
Apprentice

BW hdd free space not updating

Post by CJSStK » Mon May 30, 2022 10:31

Hi there I have a BW U4 with a 4tb hdd. A few days ago I moved almost 1tb of content from the BW to my NAS via ftp in order to free up space on the BW. I notice that when I show a content directory listing of recordings on the BW that the % of free disk space has not changed. I rebooted the device hoping that might force a ´re–read´ of the hdd but it has remained unchanged. Just wondering what might be happening and what to do in order to correctly show the % change. Cheers

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: BW hdd free space not updating

Post by MrQuade » Mon May 30, 2022 10:42

CJSStK wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 10:31
Hi there I have a BW U4 with a 4tb hdd. A few days ago I moved almost 1tb of content from the BW to my NAS via ftp in order to free up space on the BW. I notice that when I show a content directory listing of recordings on the BW that the % of free disk space has not changed. I rebooted the device hoping that might force a ´re–read´ of the hdd but it has remained unchanged. Just wondering what might be happening and what to do in order to correctly show the % change. Cheers
If you deleted the recordings using the Beyonwiz GUI, then they have probably all been moved to the Trash directory rather than being deleted outright. You can either manually empty the trash, or wait until the trash is emptied automtatically.

If you deleted the recordings some other way, then I don't know what might have happened.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

CJSStK
Apprentice

Post by CJSStK » Mon May 30, 2022 14:09

Thank you for that. I did not know about the Trash folder so I have learned something new today. All fixed. Cheers

CJSStK
Apprentice

Post by CJSStK » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:09

Hi there again. Reading back through various forum posts it appears that there is a BW space manager setting that enables one to configure the frequency of Trash removal ie permanent deletion. I cannot seem to find this function in my U4 settings. Is it still an available option? Cheers

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Jun 02, 2022 13:18

CJSStK wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:09
Hi there again. Reading back through various forum posts it appears that there is a BW space manager setting that enables one to configure the frequency of Trash removal ie permanent deletion. I cannot seem to find this function in my U4 settings. Is it still an available option? Cheers

Auto-delete from Trash is based on settings "Remove items from trash after (days)" and also "Disk space to reserve for recordings (in GB)" available in MEDIA, MENU>>Settings...

CJSStK
Apprentice

Post by CJSStK » Thu Jun 02, 2022 14:18

Thanks for the response. Under my setup/media option I only have configuration options for Picture player and Media player and these do not present a means to configure Auto delete from Trash. Cheers

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Jun 02, 2022 14:39

CJSStK wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 14:18
Under my setup/media option ...

That isn't what I posted.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”