Audio Boost..

Moderators: Gully, peteru

fosssil
Master

Audio Boost..

Post by fosssil » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:02

Hi.. Hopefully this post is in the correct area i.e. media playback..

Is there an Audio Boost plugin or solution for me to try fo a volume problem.. Even with both the T4 volume and My LG LAS750M soundbar volume at 100% the sound for some of my Videos is too low to be comfortable following conversations.. ...if I play them on my PC I have many volume options

I asked re this problem last year when I used my T3 and I thought I would ask again incase the passing time has made anything available in the plugin area.. I should add volume Normaliser.. (or similar sounding) I cant see it in plugins download at the moment) does not do anything.. I think peter discovered it as incomplete

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

fosss

netmask
Wizard

Re: Audio Boost..

Post by netmask » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:29

Where is the volume set on your T4. Is it full on as well? If so it sounds like there is a sensitivity issue with the LG sound bar.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

fosssil
Master

Post by fosssil » Thu Feb 04, 2016 15:15

Hi NM.. I should have mentioned its only been 3 or 4 videos out of very many so far.. the sound on the video is fairly quiet.. I would have liked to watch them through the Wiz..but its no problem with watching on the Sony TV through HDMI from my PC. with the sound boosted and that uses the same Optical connection that the wiz uses to the Soundbar.. ... so its not like I dont have a way to do it, its just that I if I could have used the Wiz it It would be good to have that option of Boosting sound if required.. I am trying to use the Wiz when I can ...

fosss
netmask wrote:Where is the volume set on your T4. Is it full on as well? If so it sounds like there is a sensitivity issue with the LG sound bar.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Thu Feb 04, 2016 15:55

If it is only on some video's it could be the encoder used to make the file DTS or AC3 or AAC etc. If it is really annoying you could re-encode the audio only to AC3 and invoke 'normalisation' Popcorn Audio Converter will do this for MKV files. Doesn't touch the video.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

fosssil
Master

Post by fosssil » Thu Feb 04, 2016 16:09

Hi NM.. thanks for that .. but not worth it.. can still watch the vids one way or another and at the same quality.. its just that if I could have , I would have because I could if you get what I mean.. I was thinking of something like boosting the Global minimum sound levels (of the Wiz) ..

fosss

Return to “Content, Formats & Media Playback”