Are all timers displayed on the EPG list?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Videonut
Master

Are all timers displayed on the EPG list?

Post by Videonut » Wed Apr 15, 2020 17:27

It I look at my list of upcoming timers should all these also be reflected in my latest EPG list and if not why not?
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Are all timers displayed on the EPG list?

Post by prl » Wed Apr 15, 2020 17:47

Are you comparing your Beyonwiz timer list with the list of recordings you've set up on IceTV, or are some of your manually-set repeat recordings not showing in the EPG?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Wed Apr 15, 2020 18:08

I was looking at the regular timer list and was surprised to see program Doctor Doctor listed 6 times on Sat night. (My wife likes the program and was disappointed on 3 consecutive weeks when 9 didn't show advertised programs in a row.) They showed virus updates instead.

Not knowing if they were ever going to show program again I cheated an Autotimer.

I don't have icetv. I can see them on my regular EPG but they aren't highlighted like other programs that are on the EPG.
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Apr 15, 2020 18:15

Videonut wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 18:08
I was looking at the regular timer list and was surprised to see program Doctor Doctor listed 6 times on Sat night. (My wife likes the program and was disappointed on 3 consecutive weeks when 9 didn't show advertised programs in a row.) They showed virus updates instead.

That doesn't sound much like the original question! And I'm still not really sure what the question is.
Videonut wrote:
Not knowing if they were ever going to show program again I cheated an Autotimer.

cheated = created?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Apr 15, 2020 18:17

The Autotimer probably created the timers on services that aren't in your current bouquet.

You may be recording them on a SD channel, but have the HD channels in your EPG?
The Autotimer is smart enough to not record the same program twice (on SD and HD) just based on the program descriptions text.

To work around this, make sure you specify the service to record from in your Autotimer definition.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Apr 15, 2020 18:49

Videonut wrote:

I don't have icetv. I can see them on my regular EPG but they aren't highlighted like other programs that are on the EPG.

Likely because you created a footloose and fancy-free AutoTimer definition for Doctor Doctor. Likely EPG changes for the program have meant timers have been generated on some services not in your Favourites bouquet.
Refer - viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13907#p184682

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:29

I think that you are saying that an autotimer must have your Favorites bouquet selected for it's data to be displayed on the EPG.

I have included a snap of the EPG where you can see across the middle that Doctor Doctor is listed multiple time but isn't highlighted in any way.

Had I specified my Favorites bouquet would it have been highlighted and if not why not?
Attachments
EPG.jpg

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:41

Videonut wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:29
I think that you are saying that an autotimer must have your Favorites bouquet selected for it's data to be displayed on the EPG.
Not quite. It's not a matter of where the data is displayed, it is a matter of which service the timer is being set on.

The Autotimer must be programmed to restrict its search for matching events to your Favourites bouquet. If it is only looking in Favourites then that is the only place it can set timers.

Your timers arent showing because the Autotimer has set a timer on a service that isn't in your Favourites.

Open the main setup menu with the MENU button.
Select the Autotimers option.
Highlight your Autotimer, and edit it.

There is a BLUE button there to "Add services". This will let you set service and Bouquet restrictions.
Press BLUE.
Enable the "Enable Service Restriction"
Change "Editing" to "Bouquets"
Press BLUE to add a new entry.
Select your Favourites bouquet.

Then press GREEN to accept, and GREEN again to save the Autotimer.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:22

Videonut wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:29
Had I specified my Favorites bouquet would it have been highlighted and if not why not?

It appears you didn't change the 'Doctor Doctor' definition when I told you it has no service/bouquet restriction - viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13907#p184784

In the very next post in that topic I showed you how to set the default for new definitions to have the Favourites bouquet specified.
Note - that won't change existing definitions.

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Thu Apr 16, 2020 13:56

I am aware now that I should restrict all of my Autotimers to my Favorites bouquet and have tried to do so. I have managed to set to restrict to specific services and enable specific boutiques but that's as far as it goes. I can't get it offer up any boutiques to choose my favorites.

I only ever record from favorites.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200416-115536_Chrome.jpg

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Apr 16, 2020 14:01

Videonut wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 13:56
I am aware now that I should restrict all of my Autotimers to my Favorites bouquet and have tried to do so. I have managed to set to restrict to specific services and enable specific boutiques but that's as far as it goes. I can't get it offer up any boutiques to choose my favorites.

I only ever record from favorites.

Press BLUE/New.

Alternatively, use OpenWebif to create/edit the AutoTimer definition.

p.s. No need to save the whole web page, right-click on the image of the Wiz' GUI and save that image. Tick 'High Resolution' too.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Apr 16, 2020 14:18

Videonut wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 13:56
The field "Record on" in your screenshot is blank.

Your Favourites bouquet should be shown there if you have selected it correctly.

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Thu Apr 16, 2020 16:29

I guess that I should go back and look at all the other Autotimers that I have and alter the settings on them so that they can only come from favourites.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Apr 16, 2020 16:34

Videonut wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 16:29
I guess that I should go back and look at all the other Autotimers that I have and alter the settings on them so that they can only come from favourites.

That's probably a good idea.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Thu Apr 16, 2020 16:41

It's only a good idea if I can get the EPG to automatically refresh but often it doesn't seem to.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Apr 16, 2020 16:46

Videonut wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 16:41
It's only a good idea if I can get the EPG to automatically refresh but often it doesn't seem to.
What do you mean by automatically refresh?

All timer changes should be reflected in the EPG as they occur.

In terms of keeping the EPG event data current, the EPG will automatically update based on data being sent from the broadcasters. As long as you have tuned to a broadcaster recently, all of the events being broadcast on that broadcaster's services will be refreshed in the EPG.

If you don't want to have to visit each broadcaster manually on a regular basis, then you can install a plugin called EPGRefresh which can be configured to automatically visit each broadcaster once a day to refresh the EPG data.

You can also run into problems if you have tinkered with the EPG settings in the Wiz setup menu. For example, you do *NOT* want to enable the "EPG cache reload" setting, otherwise you will end up with your EPG being overwritten with stale cached data periodically.

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Thu Apr 16, 2020 16:57

I have often looked at my EPG and found that some of the channels didn't have anything displayed. I do have the plugin installed and was under the impression wasn't working so reverted to manually opening each service for a few seconds.

So I'm thinking that what I should do is delete the plugin and then do 1 manual scan and leave it correct?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Apr 16, 2020 17:21

Videonut wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 16:57
I have often looked at my EPG and found that some of the channels didn't have anything displayed. I do have the plugin installed and was under the impression wasn't working so reverted to manually opening each service for a few seconds.

So I'm thinking that what I should do is delete the plugin and then do 1 manual scan and leave it correct?
You should leave the plugin installed and configure it. You may not have opened it up to tell it which services it needs to refresh?

Did you configure it as-per your other thread? Best to continue EPGRefresh related discussions over there.

The plugin does work, so if you want to be able to have it auto refresh, you can set it up to do so.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Apr 16, 2020 17:28

Videonut wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 16:57

If you're not sure you've set the EPGRefresh plugin correctly, then do as some have and set daily repeating timers on a service from each broadcaster as per step 3 in this post -
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12668&p=172490#p172490
Obviously forget about WestTV.

Return to “General Topics”