Multiple recordings made in error

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Videonut
Master

Multiple recordings made in error

Post by Videonut » Mon Apr 13, 2020 13:14

The photo from last night shows that my T2 tried to made 2 separate recordings of 2 different titles but with 2 different recording lengths. A few days ago

I had a similar thing but with 4 not 2 happening in each instance.

How do I stop this happening? I have a T2 with latest firmware.M
Attachments
Recorded last night.JPG
Recorded last night.JPG (115.61 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Multiple recordings made in error

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Apr 13, 2020 13:45

A GUI restart or a reboot occurred roughly around 20:44.
What's in /home/root/logs/enigma2_execution.log for that period?
Also check for crash logs in /home/root/logs.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Apr 13, 2020 13:56

How were the timers created: using AutoTimers, IceTV, or as normal timers created from the EPG (or from TIMERS, GREEN Add Timer)?

Does the longer recording of the doubled recording have the whole program, or is the program split between the first and second recordings (should be obvious for the Quantum of Solace recording)?

If you look in the completed timers part of the timer list (TIMER from live TV, and scroll down to see the completed timers), is there one timer or are there two timers for the two affected programs?

It's curious that the shorter recording of the pair contains a program description, and the longer recording doesn't.

"The latest firmware" isn't really all that useful. Please give the actual firmware update timestamp in MENU>Information>About, though I suspect that the problem isn't specific to any recent firmware version.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Mon Apr 13, 2020 14:42

You asked about home/root/logs/enigma2_execution.log for that period. It says that yesterday at 20:44:56 AWST 2020: enigma2 terminated with code 137

Then 1 second later it was executing eninga2

Non of these were Autotimer settings. We did see sticky wheel when watching something else last night. The Quantum of Solace appear to be missing about 1 minute due to split.

As for F/W a photo should be attached
Attachments
20200413_123950.jpg
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Apr 13, 2020 14:51

Videonut wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 14:42
You asked about home/root/logs/enigma2_execution.log for that period. It says that yesterday at 20:44:56 AWST 2020: enigma2 terminated with code 137

Told 'ya :)
The UI was terminated with a SIGKILL signal, possibly from the operating system running out of memory, but who knows.
There won't be a crash log corresponding to this restart.

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:35

So basically I think your saying this is caused by a broadcast glitch that caused the recording to stop & then tried to resume 1 minute later and there is nothing I can do to prevent this recurring?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:48

Videonut wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:35
So basically I think your saying this is caused by a broadcast glitch that caused the recording to stop & then tried to resume 1 minute later and there is nothing I can do to prevent this recurring?

No, they're saying that a firmware problem (quite likely exhausting available memory) caused the enigma2 process (the application that essentially runs the box as a PVR) to be terminated (if it was memory exhaustion, terminated by the "out-of-memory killer") and restarted. These problems are hard to track down, because they leave little evidence in their wake.

Do you run any plugins additional to the ones pre-installed in the box?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:48

Videonut wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:35

It may not be directly from a broadcast glitch. Possibly the operating system ran out of memory (reason unknown). To recover, the operating system killed off the Beyonwiz GUI (enigma2) in an attempt to keep running. The GUI then restarted. Because it only restarted once, likely whatever caused the memory shortage disappeared when the GUI was killed.

Return to “General Topics”