T4 - Boot for recording timer, didn't return to shutdown

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

T4 - Boot for recording timer, didn't return to shutdown

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Nov 21, 2018 18:51

Our T4 booted this morning for a recording timer, recorded, then didn't shutdown at timer conclusion (it was in standby but only because the enigma2_pre_start.sh script sent it there, otherwise it would have been timeshifting live TV until the cows came home).

The debug log was named Enigma2-1970-01-01_08-00-59.log which straight away was an indication it couldn't grab a system clock time at UI startup (I believe my internet connection was playing down/up games at the time).

Even though file was_timer_wakeup contained 'True', I'm guessing that because a proper system time wasn't set the Navigation instance didn't then set whatever internal flagging mechanism is needed to allow the shutdown to deep standby at timer end.
Some debug log snippets -

Code: Select all

{562}<    61.735> [eDVBLocalTimeHandler] RTC not ready... wait for transponder time
{562}<    81.574> [Time By]: NTP
{562}<    81.575> [eDVBLocalTimeHandler] invalid system time, refuse to disable transponder time sync
{562}<   141.768> [Navigation] RECTIMER: wakeup to standby but system time not set.
{562}<   168.035> [Console] finished: /usr/bin/ntpdate-sync
{562}<   168.035> [NetworkTime] setting E2 time: 1542739652.2
{562}<   168.037> [eDVBLocalTimeHandler] disable sync local time with transponder time!
The transponder isn't tuned until after Navigation had spat the dummy (around interval 162 secs).

What I don't understand is the 'RTC not ready' and 'invalid system time' annotations when compared to a unit that isn't connected to the home network and thus can't grab the current time before the UI is started, as wouldn't it also initially be in 1970?
(from enigma2.sh) -

Code: Select all

if [ -x /usr/sbin/ntpdate ]; then
        [ $(date +%Y) -lt 2017 ] && /usr/sbin/ntpdate -b -s -u au.pool.ntp.org
fi
Is this purely because our box uses NTP for time synchronisation?
Where would a non-networked T3/T4 get it's time from prior to the transponder tune - the Linux system time right? Which would come from the front panel, wouldn't it?
Why didn't that happen in our case?

Confused!
[and not looking to get into a trademark war :)]

Cheers,
Geoff

Return to “General Topics”