T2 new user questions

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: T2 new user questions

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Jul 30, 2018 19:05

Confused wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:27
...It would even be better if when I pressed the EPG button for it to open full screen mode across the screen & maybe to a time of your choice on the left hand side.
How does your EPG display now? Perhaps supply a screenshot. The EPGs from my T2 and U4 are shown attached. Does your EPG fill the screen like these?
T2_U4_EPGs.png

It's easy to page the EPG, but you can only move to a fixed time (prime time).
Press HELP whilst in the EPG and look at the 'Navigation and display control' section.
Note that "6" pages right, and "9" jumps to whatever you've set for prime time.

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Tue Jul 31, 2018 16:51

The 2 different Mission Impossible films were shown consequently, but neither was recorded.

Thanks for information about the EPG layout.

I have transferred a film from T2 to PC using miniDLNA. I understand that using FileZilla would be quicker & easier. What settings do I need for FileZilla? I know some members use cutlisteditor as an alternative to FileZilla. Is there any video about using this as in English?
Thanks In advance
T2,Topfield 7160,Harmony 650 Remote,TCL TV Model 70P10US,Chromecast

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Jul 31, 2018 17:54

Or simply just enter "\\beyonwizt2\" (minus the quotes) into the Windows Explorer address/location bar, or at the Windows run prompt (Windowskey-r).

That will take you straight to the Beyonwiz's network share using Windows Explorer.

Or, if you just want to transfer files to the PC, then FileZilla isn't strictly necessary either. Just open you normal web browser and enter "ftp://root@beyonwizt2/" into the address bar. You will need to have already set up a root password in the T2 first though, otherwise you will be locked out of FTP and some other features.

This is assuming that your network of working properly and your PC can resolve the "beyonwizt2" name.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Thu Aug 02, 2018 16:44

What is the best way to use the EPG to schedule a time for 2 consecutive programs that are on the same channel? I want to be sure that each program is a separate file.

Is there any limitations on chase play, start watching beginning of program before timer finishes?
Thanks In advance

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Aug 02, 2018 16:57

Confused wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 16:44
What is the best way to use the EPG to schedule a time for 2 consecutive programs that are on the same channel? I want to be sure that each program is a separate file.

Is there any limitations on chase play, start watching beginning of program before timer finishes?
No limitations at all. Just set both to record and both will be recorded in their entirety in their own separate recording files with padding. You can watch live with timeshift or chaseplay at the same time to your heart's content.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Aug 02, 2018 17:03

Confused wrote:

Navigate to one program, press REC, GREEN Add Timer. Navigate to the other program, press REC, GREEN Add Timer. Timers will be set up with the standard padding.
Confused wrote:

No, other than if you skip past the end of the program, you'll get dumped back out to whatever your "When a movie reaches the end" setting is. Live TV will be showing whatever it was last showing, so you do drop out of playback, you need to quickly switch t the right channel so you don't miss too much.

We do chaseplay reasonably often.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:45

I pressed the media button & see that that 4 timers are displayed with with zero size & zero length. 2 of there were on SBS & were consecutive & on the same channel The other 2 were from a different provider 7 & & mate. Luckily I had set my older PVR to record these programs but I should know what I am doing know so that I don't miss something that we really want to see.

I can get scree shots if you can tell me the route to where you want me to photograph.
Thanks In advance

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:06

Confused wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:45
I pressed the media button & see that that 4 timers are displayed with with zero size & zero length.

They're recordings, not timers. Timers are things that create recordings.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:14

Confused wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:45
...I can get scree shots if you can tell me the route to where you want me to photograph.

For a start, screenshots of -
  • the timer list showing the completed timers and anything in the time window before/after these four (the completed timers will be towards the end of the list).
  • the media listing, showing the same four recordings and again anything before/after.
Don't use a camera. Take screenshots/screen captures - see here for taking screenshots of your T2's display.

Were you watching live TV at the time?

Have you connected the antenna lead into tuner A input, the loop through cable from tuner A output into tuner B input, and the micro MCX cable from tuner B output into the USB tuner (and plugged the tuner into the USB port)?

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Fri Aug 03, 2018 13:28

The problem that I'm experiencing probably stems from the fact that I'm new to this machine & I have not adsorbed even the gist of what all of the various options could or should do.

As you know the machine has not one tree full with options but many trees with many sub branches. All of which is being done with an unfamiliar remote several people aren't impressed with.

I did notice while viewing many options was that this machine came preset to expert mode. Perhaps this was set when my replacement T2 was installed by Technician. Should I turn this setting down or off?

I expect that the easiest way would be to wait until my other older machine is returned by technician,since he appeared to be familiar with the T2.
Thanks In advance

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 14:09

Hi Confused.

When a working machine with recent firmware returns a zero length recording, the number one suspect is a faulty aerial connection. Number two is faulty hardware. I can't think of a setting that could cause a zero length recording.

As Grumpy Geoff suggested - check the aerial connections and be sure the USB tuner is plugged in correctly. If you're unsure, take a picture of the back of your T2 with the USB tuner in the shot and we can see if it looks right.

If no other recordings were being made then the default settings would have it use one of the internal tuners. This would usually mean that the aerial connection was faulty but that would also mean no picture on the screen.

If that is all correct, the issue might be that the T2 was recording on two networks already and these recordings were on a third network. To check this, please post the screenshots Geoff requested.

If so, that will usually mean the USB tuner was meant to record but didn't. There are four main reasons why empty recordings could happen in this scenario:
  1. The USB tuner didn't have an aerial connection. Action: Fix the aerial connection.
  2. USB tuner not plugged in properly. Action: Unplug it and then plug it in properly.
  3. The USB tuner is not being recognised as the correct type. Action: Check Menu>>Information>>Devices. Tuner C should be either DVB-T or DVB-T2 but definitely not DVB-C. If not, reboot and try again until it is correct.
  4. The signal was too weak for the USB tuner. Action(s): Improve the aerial and cable installation; maybe try a signal amplifier; try a better USB tuner.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Fri Aug 03, 2018 15:16

To install the 3rd Tuner,the USB, one you had to pull out the end of the loop for the first 2 tuners. It doesn't actually say whether or not the loop cable should be left to in or out & dangling & it so would this make a difference?

As for signal strength if I just scroll through the list of channels the bottom right hand side of info screen gives you details about tuners. All tuners say they are using tuner A. The strength mostly vary several percentage points. I wasn't surprised that they weren't all at 100%, but found that even from one service they varies from say 7HD & 7mate.

Should any or all tuners be set to tuner 2 or 3 just for a test?

I will get a photo of 3rd Tuner plug in.
Thanks In advance

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Aug 03, 2018 15:37

Confused wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 15:16
To install the 3rd Tuner,the USB, one you had to pull out the end of the loop for the first 2 tuners. It doesn't actually say whether or not the loop cable should be left to in or out & dangling & it so would this make a difference?

"pull out the end of the loop for the first 2 tuners."
You shouldn't have to pull out anything.

"loop cable should be left to in or out & dangling"
Nothing should be dangling. The antenna lead should be in to tuner A-in. The loop cable should connect from A-out to B-in. The small black jumper cable with the PAL/Belling Lee antenna connection should be plugged in to tuner B-out and the other end with the MCX connector plugged in to the USB tuner.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Aug 03, 2018 16:01

Confused wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 15:16
...Should any or all tuners be set to tuner 2 or 3 just for a test?

Once you've rechecked all cabling, check that all tuners are working fine - test each in turn.
Use MENU>>Setup>>Tuner>>Tuner allocation, and change the preferred tuner to "Tuner A", press GREEN/Save.
Exit back to live TV.
Change to a different broadcaster (e.g. from SBS to ABC) to force a frequency re-tune and the use of Tuner A (since it's now 'preferred').
Press OK to bring up the Infobar and confirm you're viewing via tuner A.
Then go back and repeat the exercise for tuners B, and C.
Once finished with this testing, set the preferred tuner as "auto".

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 16:37

...It doesn't actually say whether or not the loop cable should be left to in or out & dangling & it so would this make a difference?

Yes, it makes all the difference! As Geoff has explained, it must be setup with the loop from tuner A to B plugged in both ends and the micro aerial from the USB tuner plugged into tuner B out.

Here is a picture of the back of my U4 which has a very similar aerial setup. Black aerial in on the top left to tuner A in. Loop from tuner A out to tuner B in and USB tuner (mine is the Blue gadget in the pic) micro connector to tuner B out. The tuner is plugged into a short (blue) USB extension cord to the USB port on the rear of the box. If yours doesn't look similar then it's likely to be the cause of your problem.
Attachments
20180803_162711.jpg
20180803_162711.jpg (65.57 KiB) Viewed 3089 times
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Fri Aug 03, 2018 16:54

My wife is currently using the TV to watch her Netflix soap. In the meantime I have set machine to record 6 programs all at once,so I should be able to check out recordings after this as well as taking the tuners off of automatic.

Thanks again for ideas & photo.
Thanks In advance

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Fri Aug 03, 2018 18:03

While I am waiting I thought of 2 more things to ask.

Can you with just 1 button press jump to displaying your favorite boutique? The same question for timers that are set?

Where do I find EPG Refresh?
Thanks In advance

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Aug 03, 2018 18:35

Confused wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 18:03
While I am waiting I thought of 2 more things to ask.

That's three things!
Can you with just 1 button press jump to displaying your favorite boutique?
From live TV, press the FAV button to show the current bouquet (it's not "boutique"), which is normally your Favourites bouquet.
The same question for timers that are set?
From live TV, press the TIMER button to show the timer list.
To download? Use the PLUGIN browser to download the EPGRefresh plugin. The entry is located under 'extensions'.
To open? Find it in the PLUGIN browser (PLUGIN button, or MENU>>Plugins column of the main menu). You can configure it to also appear on the BLUE/extension menu from live TV.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Aug 03, 2018 18:44

Confused wrote:
Can you with just 1 button press jump to displaying your favorite boutique?

In live TV, press FAV, unless you've enabled MENU>Setup>TV>Channel selection>Always show bouquets.
Confused wrote:
The same question for timers that are set?

From live TV press TIMER. Also works while playing media or a recording.
Confused wrote:

In the plugins screens. From live TV, PLUGIN, then GREEN Download plugins. Navigate down to "extensions", OK to open the sublist, navigate down to the "epgrefresh" entry, OK to start the download. Answer "yes" in the "Download plugins" popup, Then EXIT out of the download selection screen back to the plugins screen (the one you initially got to by pressing PLUGIN from live TV), navigate to the EPGRefresh entry, OK for the EPGRefresh setup screen.

The first time you go into the EPGRefresh setup, you'll get some brief help screens. You'll need to search the forum for EGGRefresh to get hints about how best to set EPGRefresh up.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:44

Well it's mainly good news. I rechecked all of the connections and then moved the T2 to the other end of cabinet. The machine recorded all 6 recordings OK they they played back OK.

I went to live TV & scrolled through all channels. Every channels info data in lower right of screen with most scoring 100% or in the high 90's with one exception the local station. I turned off auto tuner assignment then scrolled through with A,then B & C settings.
The B tuner scored a tiny bit higher but I suspect not enough to matter. Reset it to Auto.

I tried looking for EPGRefresh where suggested but didn't see it. I asked for a list of new plugins & selected it & it seemed to download but I didn't see it anywhere. I used the Red button to see if it was already installed and it appears that it was. I have yet to find out where to locate the setup options but note link to a page which should help.

If it was installed maybe it might have been put there by the technician.

When I press favorites I see 3 choices displayed, Terrestrial, last scanned & the one I created. I still haven't gotten the favorite button to go straight to the one I created.
Thanks In advance

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:52

Confused wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:44
I have yet to find out where to locate the setup options but note link to a page which should help.

From live TV, PLUGIN>EPGRefresh, once EPGRefresh is installed.
Confused wrote:
When I press favorites I see 3 choices displayed, Terrestrial, last scanned & the one I created. I still haven't gotten the favorite button to go straight to the one I created.

What is your setting for MENU>Setup>TV>Channel selection>Always show bouquets? If it's enabled, disable it. I mentioned this setting in my reply to your "Can you with just 1 button press jump to displaying your favorite boutique? " question.

And it's "bouquet", not "boutique". "Bouquet" refers to a collection of channels. It's not a fancy shop.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Aug 04, 2018 13:14

Confused wrote:
I have yet to find out where to locate the setup options but note link to a page which should help.
You'll need to restart the T2 GUI to see the new plugin. It will appear in the left hand column of the main menu (press MENU from Live TV).

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Mon Aug 06, 2018 19:13

When playing files from a USB device can one alter the aspect ratio? I played a video ok except that the titles streatched off the screen.
Thanks In advance

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Aug 06, 2018 22:51

Confused wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 19:13
When playing files from a USB device can one alter the aspect ratio? I played a video ok except that the titles streatched off the screen.
It should make no difference if you play the file from USB, internal hard-disk or of the network, it will play in the same way.

It sounds like the file that you are trying to play is improperly encoded. Can you provide any details about it? What is the original aspect ratio? 4:3, 16:9, something else?

Can you describe exactly how it is stretched, or provide a screenshot?

You could install the mediainfo program on your PC and run a report over the file which works provide very detailed information about the file. The steps to do this might be a bit tricky for you though, but we can step you through it if you want to take that investigative step.

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:08

The file in question was an MKV file & I have plated it on my PC only to find that there was a encoding glitch but not of the type you might imagine. I played it with VLC player & found that both burnt in and on/off subtitles are in the file. The interesting thing is that the title aren't too wide in fact it probably should have had a black band on both sides.

The BW T2 has many settings for video display. My TV has heaps more & I have looked at & turned on/off loots of these settings like over scan, aspect ratio,stretch etc, in fact probably more settings than most people would ever need.

I have yet to find anything that makes the films width playback as it does on the PC. I have never noticed in these forums a list a what playback formats the T2 should be able to playback & what options within any format it can use like turn on/off subtitles, chapter markers iso etc.
Thanks In advance

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:27

Confused wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:08
I have yet to find anything that makes the films width playback as it does on the PC. I have never noticed in these forums a list a what playback formats the T2 should be able to playback & what options within any format it can use like turn on/off subtitles, chapter markers iso etc.
The T series will play back just about anything that isn't encrypted, or encoded with HEVC video, or includes HD audio.

I think you will have to provide screenshots to show what you are seeing, because I can't picture it based on your descriptions.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:59

Also, as MrQuade previously suggested, download the MediaInfo program onto your PC. You can get it from https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
Run it and open the MKV file - File>>Open>>File, then browse to the MKV file (either the copy on your PC or the copy on the T2).
Set the layout to text format for easy copy/paste into the forum (View>>Text).
The copy the details it reports of the MKV file and post it here.

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Tue Aug 07, 2018 16:28

I have used Mediainfo before. I have a snip both of it as well as the codec information that is built into VCL player. The TV screen. The tv is 16.9 ratio.

The picture is from TV. There is much more on either side when seen on PC
Attachments
Snip of codec from VCL Player.JPG
Snip of codec from VCL Player.JPG (50.44 KiB) Viewed 2903 times
Media info log.txt
(6.52 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
20180807_135641.jpg
Thanks In advance

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Aug 07, 2018 16:39

Aspect ratio 180:107? That's a bit strange. At 1.68:1 it's not far off 16:9 (1.78:1), though.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Aug 07, 2018 16:54

Confused wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 16:28
The picture is from TV. There is much more on either side when seen on PC
The aspect ratio on the TV looks fine, but you say there is stuff cut off on the sides?
Since you are noticing this bit that is cut off, it sounds as if it is cutting off more than you would otherwise see if your TV was overscanning. However, it is worth just making sure your TV is set to not overscan anyway.

What is the T2's aspect ratio set to for content that is greater than 16:9?
If you want to see both sides of the picture, then you need to set the ">16:9" setting to "Letterbox". You will then get the full width of the picture, and you will have black bars on the top and bottom of the picture.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Aug 07, 2018 17:05

MrQuade wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 16:54
What is the T2's aspect ratio set to for content that is greater than 16:9?
If you want to see both sides of the picture, then you need to set the ">16:9" setting to "Letterbox". You will then get the full width of the picture, and you will have black bars on the top and bottom of the picture.

The aspect ratio of the file is less than (narrower than) 16:9.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Aug 07, 2018 17:16

prl wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 17:05
The aspect ratio of the file is less than (narrower than) 16:9.
hehe, after asking for the media info, I didn't even look at that! :oops:

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Aug 07, 2018 17:29

Confused wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 16:28
I have used Mediainfo before. I have a snip both of it as well as the codec information that is built into VCL player. The TV screen. The tv is 16.9 ratio.

Code: Select all

Display aspect ratio                     : 2.40:1
Original display aspect ratio            : 2.40:1
My wife watched The Equalizer (2014) with the same aspect ratio yesterday. It was pillar-boxed as expected.
It was on the U4, but I don't think that should make a difference.

Are you sure it's not a TV setting?

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Aug 07, 2018 17:34

MrQuade wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 16:54
...What is the T2's aspect ratio set to for content that is greater than 16:9?

Ah, yes, I have setting 'Display >16:9 content as' => "Letterbox"

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Wed Aug 15, 2018 14:29

Some how I managed to record the same program twice. I notice that the file size and duration is slightly different for both figuresand I seem to recall altering the padding at some point.

Does this mean that if I had used the auto timer I can't then alter a setting?
Thanks In advance

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Aug 15, 2018 16:15

Confused wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 14:29
Some how I managed to record the same program twice. I notice that the file size and duration is slightly different for both figuresand I seem to recall altering the padding at some point.

Does this mean that if I had used the auto timer I can't then alter a setting?

The timer begin/end times include the existing pre/post-padding settings amounts as they are at the time of timer creation. The timer has no separate padding amounts.

Your AutoTimer definition could have been loose enough to allow the generation of a second timer for the same program on a simulcasted service.
Have a read of this recent topic to get some ideas as to why that may be the case - "Another autotimer question"

If the AutoTimer plugin alters a timer's begin/end time, I'm sure it uses the pre/post-padding settings values as current.

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Wed Aug 15, 2018 17:04

I should have also mentioned that playback from both recordings were the worst I've seen from this new T2 with the picture breaking up most of the time.

I looked at the other link provided but I'm unfamiliar with the EIT term that's used. I suppose it stands for something like estimated information timing.
Thanks In advance

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Wed Aug 15, 2018 17:09

Event Information Table, where the broadcast EPG is stored.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Aug 15, 2018 17:10

Confused wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 17:04
I looked at the other link provided but I'm unfamiliar with the EIT term that's used. I suppose it stands for something like estimated information timing.

"EIT" stands for "Event Information Table". It's the data table in the digital TV broadcast that contains the EPG. "Event" in this case means "program" and is the technical term used for that in all the DTV specifications (which is where the table is named).

The time in the EIT EPG, though, is often more "wrong" than "estimated". That's why padding is needed.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Aug 15, 2018 17:17

Confused wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 17:04
I should have also mentioned that playback from both recordings were the worst I've seen from this new T2 with the picture breaking up most of the time.

Is it possible the programs were recorded using the USB tuner?
How many other timers overlapped these two?
Were you watching live TV at the time, and from a different broadcaster to those for the timers?

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Aug 15, 2018 17:25

Hi,
prl wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 17:10
The time in the EIT EPG, though, is often more "wrong" than "estimated". That's why padding is needed.
In this case I believe the term "wrong" needs some explanation. This is not a case of wrong meaning that the times are in error it is more that the times in the EPG are often wrong because the broadcasters choose not to keep their data up to date until the event is much closer to its screening time.

Regards,
Ian.

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Wed Aug 15, 2018 18:33

We were watching something else when these shows were being recorded. The playback is so bad It is almost impossible to see the stations logo in bottom right hand corner. It probably was tuner A since it seems to get most work. I can't see other time overlaps but there were it would have to be tuner B.

As for the padding can this be preset either on a provider or station basis since both ABC&SBS are always, more accurate than the commercial stations?
Thanks In advance

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Aug 15, 2018 22:03

Confused wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 18:33
As for the padding can this be preset either on a provider or station basis

No. You can set the padding on a per-AutoTimer basis. Then timers generated by that AutoTimer will have the padding specified in the AutoTimer rather than the default padding.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:42

Is it possible to just plug into the USB port a small drive like a passport or similar and record a program/s directly on to it? If so can you use the T2 for other functions at the same time?

I know that the T2's media player can play several video formats. Is there a comprehensive list of these formats & whether or not this includes all of the other options like subtitles & chapter markers?

If there is I would appreciate getting a link to it.
Thanks In advance

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:05

Confused wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:42
Is it possible to just plug into the USB port a small drive like a passport or similar and record a program/s directly on to it? If so can you use the T2 for other functions at the same time?
You can do that without any problems. The T2 can power a small 2.5" drive on its own (normally), but for 3.5" external drives and any other high power devices, you will want to plug the drive into an external power supply.
Confused wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:42
I know that the T2's media player can play several video formats. Is there a comprehensive list of these formats & whether or not this includes all of the other options like subtitles & chapter markers?

If there is I would appreciate getting a link to it.
There is no comprehensive list.
The T2 supprorts almost all popular container formats.
The T2 supports unencrypted content only.
The T2 supports most video encoding formats barring some of the more modern ones like HEVC/h.265 (due to lack of hardware support)
The T2 supports most non-HD audio formats.

As far as chapter markers, they are supported in the appropriate containers (eg. mkv and mp4).

For subtitles, the T2 supports both internal and external subtitles in .srt format (text), but not in .sub format (graphical).

As far as .sub format goes, I think there is an exception to this. If you are playing files in an .iso container, a different media player is invoked (one that supports DVD features). In that instance, I think that .sub format is supported.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:39

MrQuade wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:05
For subtitles, the T2 supports both internal and external subtitles in .srt format (text), but not in .sub format (graphical).
I think WebVTT is also supported, if you rename .vtt to .srt.

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:54

Thanks for the reply.

Where do I set to record directly to USB?

When I look at the EPG some programs that I previously set are displayed a others aren't why? The missing ones can be see under timers.
Thanks In advance

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:34

Confused wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:54
Where do I set to record directly to USB?

It depends on just what you want to change.

For an individual timer, from live TV, TIMER, OK, change the Location setting (or change Location when you create the timer with EPG, GREEN Add timer).

For an individual AutoTimer, to set the recording location for all the timers it generates, from live TV, MENU>AutoTimer, select timer, OK, then enable Use a custom location and set the Custom location setting.

To change the default destination for all new timers, MENU>Setup>TV>Recording settings>Default movie location is the most straightforward.

To change the default destination for all new AutoTimers, MENU>Auto timer, MENU>Edit new timer defaults and change the Custom location settings as for an individual timer.

Note that if you don't change the AutoTimer Custom location, it will use the destination set in MENU>Setup>TV>Recording settings>Default movie location, even if you have a different location set in MENU>Setup>TV>Recording settings>Timer recording location. I think that is a bug.
Confused wrote:
When I look at the EPG some programs that I previously set are displayed a others aren't why? The missing ones can be see under timers.

Can you give some concrete examples, or some more details about the kinds of timers that aren't being displayed as they should be? Is this happening to repeat timers after the first time they run?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Aug 18, 2018 13:10

Confused wrote:

EIT differences aside, it could also be because -
  • you are using your Favourites bouquet to view the EPG
  • the AutoTimer definition didn't restrict the possible services to only your Favourites bouquet or a defined services list
  • the AutoTimer plugin generated the timer on a service that is not contained within your Favourites
Example:
The Seven Network in Perth has three services that carry their "mainstream" programming:
LCN 7, SID 560 (Service IDentifier), 7 Perth
LCN 70, SID 564, 7HD Perth
LCN 71, SID 561, 7 Perth
Today Tonight is shown on all three. If the AutoTimer plugin generated a timer on 7 Perth LCN 71 then you'd see it in the timer list as being on 7 Perth but not highlighted in the EPG when using the Favourites bouquet.
You can see if this is the issue by swapping bouquets (PREV/NEXT) whilst viewing the EPG. Does the program then get the timer highlighting?

Return to “General Topics”