Dlink routers

PC, Mac and Linux Networking Hints and Tips.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

DaveR
Wizard

Dlink routers

Post by DaveR » Sun Jan 13, 2008 16:04

Vortical and IanSav posted the following in another topic but I think it's important enough to be a sticky post...

1. With some DLINK routers you need to 'Apply' the settings and then go to a completely different area of the web interface and 'Save Settings & Reboot'. Otherwise your settings will just keep defaulting back to your old values.

2. You will also need to restart your computer and the Beyonwiz after that is done too.

3. You may also need to clear all pc's on the wiz and rescan on the wiz again.
Last edited by DaveR on Thu Jan 24, 2008 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

NPR
Master

Post by NPR » Thu Jan 24, 2008 20:49

Hi Dave,

I've just purchased a DIR-655 http://dlink.com.au/Products.aspx?Sec=1 ... =5&PID=295 , and the interface has a 'save settings' button on each page, and will error trap the user when changes are made without saving by posting a warning.

Furthermore, where a reboot is required, a warning message will alert the user after the 'save settings' option is selected.

The Router works well in WEP, but as with the Netgear and Dynalink routers, WPA is prone to netwrok instability with the current BW firmware.

Hope this assists with your thread.
Philips plasma, Harmon Kardon amp, Logitec 525 Uni Remote, Klipsch speakers
BW, after owning a Toppy 7000, after owning a Media Centre, after owning a Strong box

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Thu Jan 24, 2008 22:29

Thanks,

I've changed my post to say;

1. With some DLINK routers you need to...

It's interesting that the BW has issues using WPA with D-Link, Netgear and Dynalink routers. Is there something common between the 3 brands?
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jan 25, 2008 07:45

Dave? wrote:Thanks,

It's interesting that the BW has issues using WPA with D-Link, Netgear and Dynalink routers. Is there something common between the 3 brands?
And Belkin.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

NPR
Master

Post by NPR » Mon Jan 28, 2008 22:22

Dave? wrote:Thanks,

I guess my first thought was that the common denominator is my S1, given other users have reported WPA issues. I must admit I'm unsure if there are any hardware similarities between the three routers though.

Slightly off topic, I'm disappointed at the lack of mature Vista drivers for the Dlink N range PCI and PCI express wireless cards. Crashes, configuration software not launching and both cards defaulting to G protocol have been my experience with Vista, and apparently their support department's too.
Philips plasma, Harmon Kardon amp, Logitec 525 Uni Remote, Klipsch speakers
BW, after owning a Toppy 7000, after owning a Media Centre, after owning a Strong box

zillah
On probation

Post by zillah » Mon Mar 17, 2008 06:16

With some DLINK routers you need to 'Apply' the settings and then go to a completely different area of the web interface and 'Save Settings & Reboot'. Otherwise your settings will just keep defaulting back to your old values.
Yes.I agree with that

Return to “Networking your Beyonwiz DP Series”