Moderators: Gully, peteru

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: OverlayHD Skin...

Post by IanSav » Thu Jan 11, 2018 22:05

Hi Prl,
prl wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 17:06
I had expected that in the MovieInfo converter, info.getInfoString(service, iServiceInformation.sTagDescription) would get the description out of media files. Similarly for sTagTitle But it doesn't work on any of the few media files that I have. However, The media files also don't seem to have any title or description in them, so I'm not sure whether it would work on files that have the tag information..
I add MP3 ID tags to all my music, I must have a look at what happens on the Beyonwiz when my machines get back in a couple of weeks. (They missed the train to WA so are a little delayed. :()

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56

Another minor problem in the OverlayHD screen skin for the IMDB search plugin - the titellabel and the extralabel widgets overlap.

I think this was intentional, so that the "Extra Info" header tucks in to the left of the program title and the title isn't left with a funny-looking indent.

However, while that is OK in the current distributed IMDB plugin, where there's usually never more than a page of info shown, with my recent fixes, there is often more than one page of Extra Info, and that can overlap the title text.

Replication:
Install my alpha patch for the IMDB search plugin. In OverlayHD skin, and in any EPG (or the results of an EPG search), find an episode of Doctor Who in the EPG (or in the EPG Search results screen), the RED IMDB Search, and navigate to the first entry "Doctor Who (2005) (TV Series)", OK.

Then, when the show details are displayed, BLUE Extra Info, then DOWN, DOWN to page down twice. The "Quotes" entry overlays the title.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sat Jan 13, 2018 20:41

Hi Prl,

Thank you for the report. I will need to wait for my Beyonwiz units to return from repair before I can investigate and act on the report.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Jan 15, 2018 15:16

Hi,
IanSav wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 09:50
A matching pull request for the MovieInfo converter has been filed with OpenViX. This should make future merges easier for PeterU.
The pull requests for OpenViX have been merged into the Dev branch and should be included in the next production release. I have a version of OverlayHD that uses the new information. I believe that this change will address the issue and request raised by dRdoS7.

It will be up to PeterU if he accepts the Beyonwiz pull request or merges in the change from OpenViX. Once done I can publish an update to OverlayHD.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jan 23, 2018 15:04

Another small quirk that OverlayHD seems to have inherited from the built-in skins.

A negated test on a boolean config variable, like:
<convert type="ConfigEntryTest">config.plugins.icetv.enable_epg,True,Invert</convert>

can be more simply and directly expressed as
<convert type="ConfigEntryTest">config.plugins.icetv.enable_epg,False</convert>

I'm slowly changing them in the built-in skins.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Jan 23, 2018 17:12

Hi Prl,

Thank you for the heads up. The optimisations have been applied to OverlayHD.

Please also be aware that there are upstream changes that will soon be available that will finally fix the overlapped text issue for the colour buttons in OpenViX and OpenPLi. This change should be able to replace your Button() and Label() changes in the Beyonwiz fork that currently work around the issue. (This should make PeterU's future merges that little bit easier.) The current solution is via a new attribute "objectTypes" that nominates a list of objects that can be a source of data to that widget. Please see the buttons in OverlayHD when I finish updating my repository later today.

I am still working with OpenPLi and OpenViX to try and improve on this solution. We are also working on some Enigma2 clean ups that should make the code a bit less convoluted with fewer dead ends in the code. (The HTML code and libraries, I'm looking at you. More correctly I am no longer looking at you as the code is now gone in OpenPLi and OpenViX.)

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jan 23, 2018 17:15

That sounds like good news for the buttons...
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Jan 23, 2018 18:59

Hi Prl,

The OverlayHD repository has been updated.

Unfortunately I can't ship an update to users until Beyonwiz catches up to the upstream repositories. I can also issue more pull requests to the Beyonwiz repository if PeterU doesn't want to perform an upstream merge at the moment.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Feb 11, 2018 14:51

Hi All,

While I wait for the latest changes code to the skin engine to be released on the Beyonwiz build I would like to ask OverlayHD users if there are any screens or plugins that need to be added or improved for the next OverlayHD release.
  • I am already working on the new YouTube plugin.
  • The colour buttons will use the latest version of the colour button management code.
  • The IMDb changes suggested by Prl have been implemented.
Is there anything else users would like addressed?

Regards,
Ian.

paullings
Master

Post by paullings » Sun Feb 11, 2018 15:10

Hi Ian,
A while ago I asked if the current theme name could be displayed at the top of the menu. You were able to do this however it's now not there. Is it possible to bring this back please.
Robert

U4 2TB (Jan 2018) 19.3.20211010 , HDMI
T3 1TB (Dec 2014) 19.3.20211010 , Front Panel 20057, HDMI, Warkus'd 2018 & still going
IceTV, Series2Folder, OverlayHD 1.70
Samsung 55"OLED TV, Apple TV, ReadyNAS 214, Sonos Arc, Harmony Ultimate One
Windows 10

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Feb 11, 2018 15:48

Hi Robert,
paullings wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 15:10
A while ago I asked if the current theme name could be displayed at the top of the menu. You were able to do this however it's now not there. Is it possible to bring this back please.
I don't think I ever implemented this. I assume you want the current OverlayHD theme name shown in the OverlayHD plugin? If so, I willlook at trying to add this somewhere.

Regards,
Ian.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Sun Feb 11, 2018 16:14

IanSav wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 14:51
  • I am already working on the new YouTube plugin.
Hi Ian, I’ll make a note if I come up with any suggestions.

A new YouTube plug-in sounds interesting. I don’t want to get your OverlayHD topic off topic with YouTube comments, but there are three things I miss or I think need improving on the current YouTube plug-in that comes packaged with the f/w.

1. I can’t get my Logitech k400r USB wireless keyboard working with it for entering search information, & from what I have read this is normal & isn’t a YouTube plug-in issue.
  2. On my PC I use YouTube for playing music videos. With YouTube on the PC, in the RHS column it lists suggestions for similar music & artists of that era based on the search or what is being played at the time. This is a very handy feature that I always use when using YouTube.
  3. I wish there was a user optional way to stop audio from live TV (without pressing the audio button each time) when the YouTube plug-in is being used & a video isn't being played. This background audio becomes annoying when a video is stopped & when entering search information.
But I expect items 1 & 2 can’t be done in a plug-in for the T/U series.
Dennis
U4, Bluey USB tuner, WizTV > Yamaha RX-V3900 > Sony KDL46X2000 TV ||
U4, Bluey USB tuner > Sony KD-43X85J TV > Yamaha YAS-209 || FTA EPG ||
Harmony 650s || (U4s on 19.3.20200901 & T2 on 19.3.20200823) ||
Technicolor DJA0230TLS modem/router, Ethernet LAN, Win10 Home 64 ||

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Feb 11, 2018 16:41

Hi Robert,
IanSav wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 15:48
paullings wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 15:10
I don't think I ever implemented this. I assume you want the current OverlayHD theme name shown in the OverlayHD plugin? If so, I will look at trying to add this somewhere.
I think I remember why this was not done. It was not as easy as it sounded. While it is fine to select a theme and use the theme name in the UI what happens if a single setting is changed? The theme is no longer current.

I decided to put the theme name in the title area (like the bouquet names in FAV) but the logic of matching the current settings to a theme looked far more complicated for the amount of time I was prepared to implement the feature.

I hope you don't mind but I think I will leave this in the too hard basket for now.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Feb 11, 2018 16:43

sub3R wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 16:14
... A new YouTube plug-in sounds interesting. ...

I read IanSav's post as being about creating an OverlayHD skin for the new YouTube plugin instead of falling back to either the one in the default skin file or the coded default in the plugin, rather than working on the function of the YouTube plugin. But I may be wrong.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Feb 11, 2018 16:48

Hi Dennis,
sub3R wrote:
A new YouTube plug-in sounds interesting. I don’t want to get your OverlayHD topic off topic with YouTube comments, but there are three things I miss or I think need improving on the current YouTube plug-in that comes packaged with the f/w.
  1. I can’t get my Logitech k400r USB wireless keyboard working with it for entering search information, & from what I have read this is normal & isn’t a YouTube plug-in issue.
  2. On my PC I use YouTube for playing music videos. With YouTube on the PC, in the RHS column it lists suggestions for similar music & artists of that era based on the search or what is being played at the time. This is a very handy feature that I always use when using YouTube.
  3. I wish there was a user optional way to stop audio from live TV (without pressing the audio button each time) when the YouTube plug-in is being used & a video isn't being played. This background audio becomes annoying when a video is stopped & when entering search information.
But I expect items 1 & 2 can’t be done in a plug-in for the T/U series.
I was actually talking about making an OverlayHD skin for the current YouTube plugin. :)

As for your comments:
  1. On my test Beyonwiz T3 I have no issues using the attached USB keyboard.
  2. Try contacting the plugin author to make your suggestions and requests.
  3. Again this is one to suggest to the plugin author.
Regards,
Ian.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Sun Feb 11, 2018 17:09

My misunderstanding, Ian. Peter (prl) was right.

Thanks for your comments, especially the one about the keyboard. I’ll do some more checks to see what’s (not) going on.
Dennis

mick_queensland
Master

Post by mick_queensland » Sun Feb 11, 2018 18:13

EPG Colours.

Here are the colours I find relatively pleasing in my EPGs on my Pioneer Plasma and Samsung LCD-LED screens. Its a blue based scheme

First in EPG - Menu
change from Graphic to Text
change the fonts to -1
change the picon and channel widths down to 90 & 180 ish, test to see if it cuts off the text.

Then in Menu - Plugins - OverlayHD menu - EPG

set transparency to whatever you like, I used 20%
then working down the list of changes starting from Border
Black
Navy (plasma) or Oxford Blue (LED LCD)
Light Blue
Teal
Blue
White
White (Plasma) or Deep Grey (LED LCD)
Black
Yellow
Dull Red (from here on nothing is changed)

Save and restart GUI

Cheers, Mick
V2 1TB SSD -> LG OLED C3 4K 48"; U4-1TB -> LG OLED C2 4K 65", Yamaha RX-V385 AV Receiver, Headphone Amp, Beyer DT-990 phones, Pioneer BDP-140; T2 1TB HDD -> Samsung UA43tu8000w Smart TV 43"; T3-2000 -> GVA G48tv15 48"; IceTV, GB LAN, NAS 3TB RAID1

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Mon Feb 12, 2018 15:34

sub3R wrote:
IanSav wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 14:51
Hi Ian, I’ll make a note if I come up with any suggestions.
Hi Ian, how much control do you have over EPG appearance in OverlayHD?

When I say EPG, I am only referring to the Single Service EPG (the one that allows different services to be selected, not the one that doesn’t), & the Multi EPG (the one that shows all the services in a single column for selectable ‘now’, ‘next’ & ‘later’).

Without going into any detail yet, can you change timer icon colours, make one column narrower to add another column, & add past events before the current event for a limited time period (like the DP series had)?
Dennis

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Feb 12, 2018 16:28

Hi Dennis,
sub3R wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 15:34
Hi Ian, how much control do you have over EPG appearance in OverlayHD?
I can control the look and placement of the items provided by the code.
sub3R wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 15:34
When I say EPG, I am only referring to the Single Service EPG (the one that allows different services to be selected, not the one that doesn’t), & the Multi EPG (the one that shows all the services in a single column for selectable ‘now’, ‘next’ & ‘later’).

Without going into any detail yet, can you change timer icon colours, make one column narrower to add another column, & add past events before the current event for a limited time period (like the DP series had)?
The icon graphic colours could be changed but once changed would be the same for ALL screens that use those icons.

The T and U series PVRs currently have no real concept of EPG history. Once an event is past it is usually gone. Some of the views can be changed to keep a small history but invoking that mode makes those views of the EPG effectively useless for seeing what is coming up.

Regards,
Ian.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Mon Feb 12, 2018 17:20

IanSav wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 16:28
... The icon graphic colours could be changed but once changed would be the same for ALL screens that use those icons.

The T and U series PVRs currently have no real concept of EPG history. Once an event is past it is usually gone. Some of the views can be changed to keep a small history but invoking that mode makes those views of the EPG effectively useless for seeing what is coming up.
Thanks Ian. Your last comment rules out two of my suggestions then, so I haven't included them. And your comment about; “I can control the look and placement of the items provided by the code” may rule out my suggestions of dedicated columns for the timer icons.

Anyway I will list below what I think would be improvements for you to comment on.

Single Service EPG (the one that allows different services to be selected):
  • Because of the light white or light grey colour for a normal timer icon (autotimers are in green) I sometimes miss a timer that has previously been set (the timer icon is over on the RHS of the screen). I usually scroll through the EPG fairly quickly so I concentrate on the timer event name. Is it possible to have a normal timer that has been previously set show its icon in a more eye catching colour, or give the timer icons a dedicated column to the left of the event name column?
Multi EPG (the one that shows all the services in a single column for selectable ‘now’, ‘next’ & ‘later’):
  • If an event name is too long for the column, a pre-set timer’s icon for that event sometimes will only partially show or won’t show at all. One way to solve this would be to make the progress bar column narrower & add a column between the remaining time column & the event name column just for the timer icon.
All the above were observed on the U4/46” Sony LCD TV combination at 1080P.
Dennis

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Feb 12, 2018 18:02

Hi Dennis,
sub3R wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 17:20
Single Service EPG (the one that allows different services to be selected):
  • Because of the light white or light grey colour for a normal timer icon (autotimers are in green) I sometimes miss a timer that has previously been set (the timer icon is over on the RHS of the screen). I usually scroll through the EPG fairly quickly so I concentrate on the timer event name. Is it possible to have a normal timer that has been previously set show its icon in a more eye catching colour, or give the timer icons a dedicated column to the left of the event name column?
The data on each line is not available in the skin to be reorganised.

Do you have a suggestion for a timer icon colour that will work well for both zap and recording timers and will stand out over a wide range of backgrounds.
sub3R wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 17:20
Multi EPG (the one that shows all the services in a single column for selectable ‘now’, ‘next’ & ‘later’):
  • If an event name is too long for the column, a pre-set timer’s icon for that event sometimes will only partially show or won’t show at all. One way to solve this would be to make the progress bar column narrower & add a column between the remaining time column & the event name column just for the timer icon.
Can you please provide a screen capture of the timer icon not being displayed properly.

The progress bar can't be made narrower as it is the same column definition used for the start and end time display. Any narrower and the times won't completely display.

Regards,
Ian.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Mon Feb 12, 2018 19:47

Hi Ian, I suspected you may not be able to re-organise the data, & I can understand the column width restrictions.
IanSav wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 18:02
... Do you have a suggestion for a timer icon colour that will work well for both zap and recording timers and will stand out over a wide range of backgrounds.
:) Now that is a difficult one. Is it possible to have the icon colours user selectable to suit whatever background a user selects, similar to what you have done with other various colour options in OverlayHD Skin Manager?

IanSav wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 18:02
... Can you please provide a screen capture of the timer icon not being displayed properly.
The below timer ‘Prime7 News Coastal’ goes from 6:18pm to 6:32pm on Prime7 HD to catch just the local weather which is near the end of the local news. You can see on the Multi EPG the timer icon has partially been cut off.
However this doesn’t happen if the timer covers the complete EPG event, it only happens in similar scenarios to what I have shown. It looks like the cut-off is on the RHS of the icon's solid colour. I have also attached the Single Service EPG for comparison.

I haven’t been able to find a timer icon that hasn’t displayed at all.

This isn’t a big deal, & I’m not being critical, it is just a small item that I thought could be improved.

Multi-EPG.jpg
Single-service-EPG.jpg
Dennis

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Feb 12, 2018 20:04

sub3R wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 19:47

The below timer ‘Prime7 News Coastal’ goes from 6:18pm to 6:32pm on Prime7 HD to catch just the local weather which is near the end of the local news. You can see on the Multi EPG the timer icon has partially been cut off.
However this doesn’t happen if the timer covers the complete EPG event, it only happens in similar scenarios to what I have shown. It looks like the cut-off is on the RHS of the icon's solid colour. I
That's nothing to do with the length of the program name. That is the normal display for a timer that starts in the middle of an event. It's there to signify that the timer only partially covers the event.

You see the same thing in the graphical EPG. There should also be a corresponding half timer icon on the LHS of an event if only the start of the event is covered by the timer.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Mon Feb 12, 2018 20:15

MrQuade wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 20:04
That's nothing to do with the length of the program name. That is the normal display for a timer that starts in the middle of an event. It's there to signify that the timer only partially covers the event.

You see the same thing in the graphical EPG. There should also be a corresponding half timer icon on the LHS of an event if only the start of the event is covered by the timer.
Yes I know all that. I was showing how that particular icon is partially cut-off in the Multi EPG. :)
Dennis

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Feb 12, 2018 20:20

Ahh sorry. I was squinting at this on a phone screen and missed that.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Feb 12, 2018 20:36

MrQuade wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 20:20

Yeah, well, you did drop down your phone display size in the 'upgrade' (now XL-less :lol: )

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Feb 12, 2018 21:18

Mind you, now that I look at it, I wasn't wrong about the fact that it looks the same on the regular graphical EPG.
1_0_1_2E4_261_3201_EEEE0000_0_0_0.jpg

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Feb 13, 2018 00:12

Hi Dennis,
sub3R wrote:
:) Now that is a difficult one. Is it possible to have the icon colours user selectable to suit whatever background a user selects, similar to what you have done with other various colour options in OverlayHD Skin Manager?
At the moment OverlayHD only plays with colours defined in the skin but not graphical files. To do something similar with the graphics files would be significantly more difficult, messy not to mention all the extra firmware space that might be required.

I think I would like to put this in the too hard basket for now.
sub3R wrote:
However this doesn’t happen if the timer covers the complete EPG event, it only happens in similar scenarios to what I have shown. It looks like the cut-off is on the RHS of the icon's solid colour. I have also attached the Single Service EPG for comparison.

I haven’t been able to find a timer icon that hasn’t displayed at all.

This isn’t a big deal, & I’m not being critical, it is just a small item that I thought could be improved.
The partial timer icon in the previous time period appears to either be deliberate or a code error in the positioning of the icon. It is not something I can correct in the skin. In my opinion the positioning should be fixed so that the half filled clock face is always properly displayed. If more of the icon is displayed it may make it easier to see and hence address your concern.

I think Prl has been in this area of the code before. Perhaps he can offer an opinion on what is happening here. If the fix is easy he may be able to fix the problem for us.

Regards,
Ian.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Tue Feb 13, 2018 09:05

MrQuade wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 20:20
That’s ok. Even when using a 22” monitor I sometimes I have trouble understanding some comments I have previously posted. :roll: I would be hopeless reading forums on a tiny phone screen.

I was a bit short with my reply to you, I was under pressure to shut the PC down for the night.

For the benefit of phone users with tiny screens; in the Multi EPG the timer icon that is shown in my attached Multi EPG example is the only type that is partially cut-off (to the right of the solid colour). All other timer icons that I have seen so far display correctly & aren’t partially cut-off. The Single Service EPG doesn’t suffer from this issue, it displays all timer icons correctly (none are partially cut-off).
Dennis

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Tue Feb 13, 2018 09:07

IanSav wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 00:12
... I think I would like to put this in the too hard basket for now.
That’s fine Ian, I also have one of those baskets. :)
IanSav wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 00:12
... I think Prl has been in this area of the code before. Perhaps he can offer an opinion on what is happening here. If the fix is easy he may be able to fix the problem for us.
It isn’t a big deal for me, & I’m sure Peter has more important things to work on.

Thanks for taking the time to look at these. :)
Dennis

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 16:04

It's designed to only draw half the icon:

Code: Select all

width -= clk_sz / 2 if clock_types in (1, 6, 11) else clk_sz
That means if the icon is for the start padding, only draw half of it, else draw all of it. Sort of makes sense, since the half-icon implies partiality and allows a slightly longer name. Trivial to change if you really want a full icon.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Feb 13, 2018 17:05

Hi Adoxa,
adoxa wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 16:04

width -= clk_sz / 2 if clock_types in (1, 6, 11) else clk_sz
That means if the icon is for the start padding, only draw half of it, else draw all of it. Sort of makes sense, since the half-icon implies partiality and allows a slightly longer name. Trivial to change if you really want a full icon.
If the full icon is still a picture of half a clock face then I think this would address, or at least help, Dennis' visibility concerns. While some more text would be obscured by a complete icon I don't think it would be significant enough to negatively impact readability.

For me I would be happy to see the complete icon restored. Given I did not raise this as a concern I will leave it to others to express their opinions.

Regards,
Ian.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:02

adoxa wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 16:04
Ok, so it has been done on purpose. But it still doesn’t look right IMO. Looking at that icon in the Multi EPG, it can be taken two ways:

1. It is a half solid icon & the timer is set to start somewhere near the end of the previous time slot (which is the case for that timer I have shown).
  2. Or it is a completely solid icon that the right half has been chopped off indicating the timer is set for the complete time slot. One could assume (which I did when I first started using this EPG) that the text & icon in that line has been truncated because it won’t fit in the column & therefore half of the icon has been chopped off. But if it was the outline of a full circle with half the circle solid it would be clear what it means.
When the Multi EPG shows the icon for a timer that is set to extend into the next time slot, it shows a full circle outline with half the circle solid. IMO, it should be consistent for beginning in the previous time slot or ending in the next time slot, a full circle outline with the appropriate half solid.

But as I mentioned previously, it is no big deal to me. :)
Dennis

unilaw
Master

Post by unilaw » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:46

I'm just going to add mine that I have had for some time and see if anyone likes it. Took some time and tweaking. Maybe too many colours for some but I like it.

Ian,

When will there be an option to import and export?

Are you working on a skin changer that you can view on the fly.? It's hard saving, checking the settings then going back to editing.

Does anyone know how to use the "Similar Broadcasts" in the Information panel without selecting the "Similar Broadcasts Button" Can that be edited in the Overlay HD Skin?

Dave
:D
Attachments
Dave's Theme.xml
(10.37 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:47

Attached is a patch to always use the full icon for the Multi & Graphical EPGs. Extract it somewhere the Wiz can see it, use Sources / Files to navigate to it, select setup.sh and Run script (repeat to remove).
Attachments
multiepg-icon.zip
(20.59 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Last edited by adoxa on Thu Jul 05, 2018 15:56, edited 3 times in total.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Wed Feb 14, 2018 16:19

adoxa wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:47
Attached is a patch to always use the full icon for the Multi EPG. Extract it somewhere the Wiz can see it, use Sources / Files to navigate to it, select setup.sh and Run script (repeat to remove).
Thankyou, I didn't expect that. It looks correct now. :D

So far I’ve only checked it on the U4 (currently testing a USB tuner on the T2) but it installs & uninstalls correctly after a GUI restart each time. I just left the extracted ‘multiepg-icon’ folder under a dedicated folder on the U4’s internal HDD.

I’ll post back if I get any issues with it on the T2, but I don’t expect any. :)
Edit: Also worked well on the T2.
Dennis

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Feb 14, 2018 19:33

Hi Adoxa,
adoxa wrote:
Attached is a patch to always use the full icon for the Multi EPG. Extract it somewhere the Wiz can see it, use Sources / Files to navigate to it, select setup.sh and Run script (repeat to remove).
Is the source code for this change available?

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Feb 14, 2018 20:31

Hi Dave,
unilaw wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:46
When will there be an option to import and export?
There are two aspect of my answer to this question. First, there are never enough hours in the day to get to all the tasks I want to complete. The other aspect is that I haven't come up with a way to provide the option that I think would be easy for users to access. To where should I export a style file? How can I make importing a style file easy for users to achieve?

I would welcome thoughts from all users on ways that they think this could be done without creating road blocks for less technical users.
unilaw wrote:
Are you working on a skin changer that you can view on the fly.? It's hard saving, checking the settings then going back to editing.
This is not easy to do. I need to balance the speed of operation of the plugin against the number of changes I can reflect in real time. I do try to reflect as many changes as I can on the current screen but some screens are loaded at system boot time an the only way they can be updated is to restart the GUI.

I am not aware of any ways to make the changes any more interactive.
unilaw wrote:
Does anyone know how to use the "Similar Broadcasts" in the Information panel without selecting the "Similar Broadcasts Button" Can that be edited in the Overlay HD Skin?
I am not quite sure what you are asking here.

Regards,
Ian.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Feb 14, 2018 20:51

IanSav wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 20:31
unilaw wrote:
I believe he is talking about the event info screen which displays a list of similar broadcasts. He wants to be able to press UP/DOWN to select a similar broadcast from within that screen without first having to press RED.

The answer to that is, no there is currently no way to do that.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 22:53

IanSav wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 19:33
adoxa wrote:
Is the source code for this change available?

diff --git a/lib/python/Components/EpgList.py b/lib/python/Components/EpgList.py
index 10bc36d72..82c6c2a42 100644
--- a/lib/python/Components/EpgList.py
+++ b/lib/python/Components/EpgList.py
@@ -820,7 +820,7 @@ class EPGList(HTMLComponent, GUIComponent):
 			clock_types = self.getPixmapForEntry(service, eventId, beginTime, duration)
 			if clock_types:
 				clk_sz = 25 if self.screenwidth and self.screenwidth == 1920 else 21
-				width -= clk_sz / 2 if clock_types in (1, 6, 11) else clk_sz
+				width -= clk_sz
 				res.append((eListboxPythonMultiContent.TYPE_PIXMAP_ALPHABLEND, r5.x + width, (r5.h - clk_sz) / 2, clk_sz, clk_sz, self.clocks[clock_types]))
 				if (self.wasEntryAutoTimer or self.wasEntryIceTV) and clock_types in (2, 7, 12):
 					width -= clk_sz + 1
@@ -1061,12 +1061,7 @@ class EPGList(HTMLComponent, GUIComponent):
 					else:
 						RecIconHDheight = top+height-22
 						RecIconFHDheight = top+height-26
-					if clock_types in (1, 6, 11):
-						if self.screenwidth and self.screenwidth == 1920:
-							pos = (left+xpos+ewidth-15, RecIconFHDheight)
-						else:
-							pos = (left+xpos+ewidth-13, RecIconHDheight)
-					elif clock_types in (5, 10, 15):
+					if clock_types in (5, 10, 15):
 						if self.screenwidth and self.screenwidth == 1920:
 							pos = (left+xpos-26, RecIconFHDheight)
 						else:
Last edited by adoxa on Sun Feb 18, 2018 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Feb 14, 2018 22:57

Hi Adoxa,

Thank you.

Regards,
Ian.

unilaw
Master

Post by unilaw » Thu Feb 15, 2018 09:34

MrQuade wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 20:51
IanSav wrote:
unilaw wrote:
I believe he is talking about the event info screen which displays a list of similar broadcasts. He wants to be able to press UP/DOWN to select a similar broadcast from within that screen without first having to press RED.

Thanks MrQuade, that is exactly what I mean

Thanks for the update.

Similar Broadcasts upcoming in the standard skin are generated on the Info screen.

On your OverlayHD skin when Info is selected the red button has the option "Similar" to display "Similar Broadcasts".

I saw another feed on this but there was no resolution.

Dave

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Feb 15, 2018 09:39

unilaw wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 09:34
Similar Broadcasts upcoming in the standard skin are generated on the Info screen.
You might also use the search button from Live TV (YELLOW) to perform a similar function with only a single keypress.

It's not exactly the same information but it might suit your purpose.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03

Hi MrQuade,
MrQuade wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 09:39
You might also use the search button from Live TV (YELLOW) to perform a similar function with only a single keypress.

It's not exactly the same information but it might suit your purpose.
I would have thought that using YELLOW from within the EPG should generate exactly the same results.

Regards,
Ian.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:22

IanSav wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03
I would have thought that using YELLOW from within the EPG should generate exactly the same results.
Yep, should do.
Sorry, I'd just assumed he'd be acessing the Similar screen from Live TV, it's not a feature I use often, so not sure what the general use-case is.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:33

unilaw wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 09:34
MrQuade wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 20:51
IanSav wrote:
unilaw wrote:

Thanks MrQuade, that is exactly what I mean

Thanks for the update.

On your OverlayHD skin when Info is selected the red button has the option "Similar" to display "Similar Broadcasts".

I saw another feed on this but there was no resolution.

The problem is that all the text (both information about the current event and the list of similar events) in the Event Info screen is simply a single scrollable text box. If the list of similar programs were to be able to be selected, they'd need to be in a selectable list, and separate from the event information.

That would then give you two scrollable panels in the same screen (one for the event information and one for the similar events list), and that, in turn, would require the ability to switch focus between the two panels with a button press. It would be really little different in the amount of effort to have the button presses to switch focus between the two screens and the current state, where RED/EXIT server to switch between the event information screen and the EPG-like screen that allows you to scroll and view the information about the similar events.

The only gain in having the two lists in one screen would be that current focus in the similar list wouldn't be lost by going back to the information panel. On the down side there's also a question of how to get back to viewing the original event after viewing the event info for a similar event. You'd presumably want to be able to switch the scrolling focus back to the event info panel while viewing a similar event, but that would mean that there was no simple way to go back to viewing the original event info. It would need either a button dedicated to bring it back, or to add the current event to the list of similars. If it was done by adding the current event to the list of similars, then you'd lose your focus context in the list of similars every time you went back to view the original event info.

It just doesn't look like something that would work as well as it's hoped it would, though I'd be interested in hearing about any alternative, cleaner implementations.

Personally, I find screens that have multiple selection lists (e.g. the File Commander and the location bookmarking screens) clunky to use.

None of these changes can be made in the skins alone. They would all been code changes and accompanying skin changes.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Sun Feb 18, 2018 09:16

adoxa wrote:
Hi adoxa. Some feedback on your multiepg-icon script after the latest online beta firmware update yesterday to Ver: 17.5, Build: 20180216, Rev: 20180216.

A Brief sequence of events:
  1. Before updating the f/w, the icons had been displaying correctly as per your multiepg-icon script fix.
  2. Did a backup of current settings as part of the pre f/w update options.
  3. Updated f/w which included a reboot.
  4. Checked icons in the Multi EPG to find they weren’t now displaying correctly (right side cut off as originally).
  5. Did a backup restore of current settings.
  6. Multi EPG icons still weren’t displaying correctly.
  7. Ran multiepg-icon ‘setup.sh’ (noticed the confirmation message said something like ‘restored’), then restarted the GUI.
  8. Multi EPG icons still weren’t displaying correctly as I expected.
  9. Ran multiepg-icon ‘setup.sh’ (conformation message indicated the change had been successful), then restarted the GUI.
  10. Multi EPG icons now displayed correctly as I expected.
This happened on both the T2 & the U4. I have the multi-epg script folder in a dedicated folder on the internal HDD.

This isn’t an issue for me now that I know what to do after a f/w update, but is this how you expected it to work after a f/w update?

I also posted the above for IanSav’s benefit in case Ian intends to include this in an OverlayHD update.
Dennis

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Feb 18, 2018 09:41

Hi Dennis,

The patch has nothing to do with OverlayHD. (The patch is not for any skin, it is a code change.)

I tried the patch in the hope it may also fix the icon in the GraphicalEPG, it didn't. My interest in the patch has subsided.

Regards,
Ian.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Sun Feb 18, 2018 09:59

Hi Ian, I realise it has nothing to do with OverlayHD. I just thought you were interested when you asked adoxa for the source code.

Not a problem, I’ll just stick with the patch, it does what I want it to do quite well.
Dennis

Return to “Skins”