Skin Helper(s) Wanted...

Moderators: Gully, peteru

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Skin Helper(s) Wanted...

Post by IanSav » Sun May 01, 2016 22:03

Hi All,

I have submitted some code changes to Enigma2 that will allow users to select the date and time formats to be used across the Beyonwiz user interface. The code changes can be seen here: To better support these changes I am making a number of enhancements to the OverlayHD skin. Unfortunately I don't have enough resources to take on changing the "easy-skin-aus-hd" or "Full-Metal-Wizard" skins to fully support these enhancements. (These two skins are closely related such that most changes in one skin will be identical in the other.)

This thread is an open call for new contributors to take on the task of enhancing the default skins to better support these new and additional time formats.

There are two main tasks involved:
  1. Find all locations in the skin where a time is displayed and ensure that there is sufficient space allocated to the time display to allow for the standard "99:99" 24 hour time format as well as the new, and wider, "99:99am/pm" time format.
  2. Find all occurrences of the three widget "start time - end time" type displays and replace them with a new single widget version that handles both times and the separator. (This change will address the floating "-" signs that are displayed when the start and end times are not available and displayed as blank space.
If anyone is happy to wield a text editor, has a sense of style and usability for user interfaces, knows some basic XML and is prepared to work with the Bitbucket repository to lodge the changes then please speak up and offer your assistance. I will try to be available to mentor and assist anyone who wants to take on this task.

Over to the community...

Regards,
Ian.

Return to “Skins”