How do I get rid of a PIP screen thatz simply appeared wivout me knowingly assigning it to appear

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Frozzix
Apprentice

How do I get rid of a PIP screen thatz simply appeared wivout me knowingly assigning it to appear

Post by Frozzix » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:41

G'day to all the BEYONWIZ FORUM MOB,
I'm havin to once agen humbly show my complete duncibility with this wonderful T4 unit that I've owned for nearly 3 years.
The gutz of the matter iz this.
I turned on me TV this morning to resume playing a T4 recording I was watching the night before. But now I've got what I think is called a Picture in Picture of a Live TV Channel thatz now permanently stuck on, up in the top right-hand corner of me TV screen.
Itz givin me the bleedin irritz!!!,,,,,,,,,,coz I can't remember knowingly putting it there.
I'm assumin itz an easy fix to get rid of but itz got me stumped and I can't figure out how to remove it.
Becoz of my obvious lack of media device skills I don't get into muckin about wiv settings etc,,,,,,,,,,so why this annoyin extra screen has appeared is a real mystery to me.
Thanks to everyone who jumps on board to help me solve this problem.
BTW,,,,,,,,,,can you think of how this PIP has suddenly appeared from not being there the night before when I simply turned off the TV without shutting down the T4.
I've had a few bigger technical problems recently that was resolved by the expert Beyonwiz staff via that triffik TEAMVIEWER fingamajig.
Itz amazing to watch the cursor flying all across my PC screen being manipulated remotely from 100's of klms away to fix my T4 TV problem.
Everything about tech devices leaves me baffled and I'm in awe ov all ov you people who use them az easily az ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

😃eeeeeeeeerz cheeeeeeeerz flyin to all your ears,,,,,,,,,,from Frozzix.😃

prl
Wizard God

Re: How do I get rid of a PIP screen thatz simply appeared wivout me knowingly assigning it to appear

Post by prl » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:53

If PiP is enabled, pressing PIP on the remote should disable it (and will enable it if disabled). Perhaps someone accidentally pressed PIP?

Restarting the GUI (or rebooting) should also clear PiP display.

You should also be able to set/reset PiP using BLUE>Activate/Disable Picture in Picture. BLUE, BLUE should also toggle PiP on/off.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: How do I get rid of a PIP screen thatz simply appeared wivout me knowingly assigning it to appear

Post by MrQuade » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:41

You may also want to check to see if your TV's PiP feature hasn't been accidentally enabled. A TV's PiP can sometimes be made to appear over the top of a HDMI sourced picture.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Frozzix
Apprentice

Post by Frozzix » Tue Oct 22, 2019 16:20

Frozzix wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:41
G'day to all the BEYONWIZ FORUM MOB,
I'm havin to once agen humbly show my complete duncibility with this wonderful T4 unit that I've owned for nearly 3 years.
The gutz of the matter iz this.
I turned on me TV this morning to resume playing a T4 recording I was watching the night before. But now I've got what I think is called a Picture in Picture of a Live TV Channel thatz now permanently stuck on, up in the top right-hand corner of me TV screen.
Itz givin me the bleedin irritz!!!,,,,,,,,,,coz I can't remember knowingly putting it there.
I'm assumin itz an easy fix to get rid of but itz got me stumped and I can't figure out how to remove it.
Becoz of my obvious lack of media device skills I don't get into muckin about wiv settings etc,,,,,,,,,,so why this annoyin extra screen has appeared is a real mystery to me.
Thanks to everyone who jumps on board to help me solve this problem.
BTW,,,,,,,,,,can you think of how this PIP has suddenly appeared from not being there the night before when I simply turned off the TV without shutting down the T4.
I've had a few bigger technical problems recently that was resolved by the expert Beyonwiz staff via that triffik TEAMVIEWER fingamajig.
Itz amazing to watch the cursor flying all across my PC screen being manipulated remotely from 100's of klms away to fix my T4 TV problem.
Everything about tech devices leaves me baffled and I'm in awe ov all ov you people who use them az easily az ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

😃eeeeeeeeerz cheeeeeeeerz flyin to all your ears,,,,,,,,,,from Frozzix.😃
You may also want to check to see if your TV's PiP feature hasn't been accidentally enabled. A TV's PiP can sometimes be made to appear over the top of a HDMI sourced picture.

😃 many thanks and easily fixed
MrQuade wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:41
prl wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:53
😃 many thanks MrQuade and easily fixed [quote
prl wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:53
If PiP is enabled, pressing PIP on the remote should disable it (and will enable it if disabled). Perhaps someone accidentally pressed PIP?

Restarting the GUI (or rebooting) should also clear PiP display.

You should also be able to set/reset PiP using BLUE>Activate/Disable Picture in Picture. BLUE, BLUE should also toggle PiP on/off.
😃 many thanks Mruade and easily fixed [quote

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Oct 22, 2019 16:30

The Preview button is your friend when you're doing complicated quoting :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Bug Reporting and Feature Requests”