Lose of internet connection despite unit saying connected.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Juichi

Lose of internet connection despite unit saying connected.

Post by Juichi » Fri May 17, 2019 12:05

I would like to report a possible software issue with the latest firmware version 17.5 20190207 on one of my T4's. I updated the firmware just before Christmas last year and within a few days the unit failed to download the IceTV guide updates. To cut a long story short over about a 3 week period, it eventually transpired that the unit was not connected to the internet even though the network information page showed that it was. You may find the previous correspondence in previous support requests.

It has just basically done exactly the same thing today. It was functioning perfectly 2 nights ago but this morning the entire TV guide was missing. The first thing I checked was to confirm it still had an internet connection via the information network page, and the green dot was full indicating it was connected.
I then pursued the IceTV area and it was unable to update with the log error -no token, requesting password - then - you need to log in first. When I attempted to log in, the beyonwiz would crash and reboot. Running ice TV setup caused the same crash and reboot.
Remembering my events from last year, I reset my home router, went back into Beyonwiz setup, restarted the network and then manually set the IP address, then set it back to DHCP and it finally actually connected to the internet. Once this was done I re-logged into IceTV and it finally downloaded the guide and restored everything.
As mentioned above, this is the 2nd time this has occurred in a few months. I have another T4 unit downstairs which I deliberately left with the old firmware version and it has had none of these problems or any problems at all in fact. I have no idea what causes the problem or why it disconnects from the internet (and yet indicates that it is connected) as things work perfectly until it just decides not to.
Hope this helps with possibly ironing out some bugs.
Juichi

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Lose of internet connection despite unit saying connected.

Post by MrQuade » Fri May 17, 2019 12:41

Juichi wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:05
I then pursued the IceTV area and it was unable to update with the log error -no token, requesting password - then - you need to log in first. When I attempted to log in, the beyonwiz would crash and reboot. Running ice TV setup caused the same crash and reboot.
You should post a copy of the crash log file so that the cause of the crash can be determined.

The new firmware doesn't have any fundamentally inherent problems like the one you are describing, otherwise other users would be reporting the same thing. There may be something specific to your setup, or your firmware installation that may be causing this.

The fact that you had IceTV token errors, and then crashes later on point to corruption of the IceTV plugin, or something related to it in the firmware.
My advice would be to re-flash the latest firmware from the USB image here and see how that goes.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 17, 2019 13:11

We run 20190207 on our T4 and use IceTV extensively. We haven't had any issues like that. It's possible that a networking issue is causing your crashes, and perhaps they're in the IceTV plugin, but as MrQuade suggested, posting a crash log is really the best way to help locate the problem and fix it.

I do most of the maintenance of the IceTV plugin.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Juichi

Post by Juichi » Fri May 17, 2019 15:01

Thanks Gentlemen,
I try to do that tomorrow, off to work now.
Juichi

Return to “Bug Reporting and Feature Requests”