EPG layout (T2) in latest software rekease

Moderators: Gully, peteru

hugson
Apprentice

EPG layout (T2) in latest software rekease

Post by hugson » Fri May 04, 2018 18:50

Using the recently released firmware, the layout of the EPG appears to have changed (IMHO, for the worse). A description of whatever program currently has the focus now appears in its own panel across the top of the guide. All I am asking for is a way of turning it off.
Is there a configuration file I can edit?

Gully

Re: EPG layout (T2) in latest software rekease

Post by Gully » Fri May 04, 2018 19:00

hugson wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 18:50
Using the recently released firmware, the layout of the EPG appears to have changed (IMHO, for the worse). A description of whatever program currently has the focus now appears in its own panel across the top of the guide. All I am asking for is a way of turning it off.
Is there a configuration file I can edit?
Your description sounds like the standard multi channel EPG that has always been used with a picture in the top left corner, but perhaps you had changed the default for you to single channel, text or some other options? Or even used a different skin.

It would be helpful if you posted both with a screenshot - easiest through OpenWebif and your browser, and a clear idea of what you wanted in the EPG layout so we can help guide you back to those settings.
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 04, 2018 19:09

I think hughson means the graphical EPG without PiG. That has had program details added reasonably recently. It's hard to make that user-configurable.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

hugson
Apprentice

Post by hugson » Sat May 05, 2018 16:23

The behaviour from v16 to v17 is completely opposite! In v16, the very first access of the EPG results in that top panel. But it never appears again, regardless of what settings are in effect.
Whereas in v17, it appears at all times, again regardless of what settings are in effect.

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat May 05, 2018 16:28

hugson wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 16:23
The behaviour from v16 to v17 is completely opposite! In v16, the very first access of the EPG results in that top panel. But it never appears again, regardless of what settings are in effect.
Whereas in v17, it appears at all times, again regardless of what settings are in effect.
Again, that doesn't sound like common experience.

Please post more clearly what you are experiencing and what you want to see?

Also there is no point in referring to firmware by the series names as there have been lots of changes. So again, please include exactly which version of firmware you are using and were using.
Cheers
Gully

Return to “Official Firmware Images”