Lost 7 network, updated firmware, now nothing.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

muzza
Apprentice

Lost 7 network, updated firmware, now nothing.

Post by muzza » Sun Apr 15, 2018 21:44

My wife told me her T4 had lost all of the 7 network channels. All other networks are fine. She was watching the Comm Games fine through the 'Wiz on Saturday. The TV still gets channel 7 and my T2 also.

I tried switching it off at the back and waiting a number of times, but still, 7 Network wouldn't work.

If I was changing channels using the channel +/- button, it would just skip over the 7 channels. If I'm in the epg and select a 7 channel, everything locked up and I had to turn the wiz off and back on.

Checked the firmware version in Information/About and it was pretty old. (I can't remember the date now)

So i downloaded the latest firmware and followed the instructions to the letter.

'About' now says Drivers: 2016-04-05, Image: 16.1, Kernel 3.14.2, Last Upgrade: 2017-03-10 04:30 (But I did the upgrade on 2018-04-15, tonight)

Now I don't have ANY channels and all 4 tuners are greyed out. Channel scan came up with 0 channels.

I went through the update process again, but same result...

I also noticed that the date is showing Thu 1 Jan 1970. I'm guessing this is a result of no signal from the tuners.

Some time ago, I determined that tuners A&B were toast and it was only operating on C&D. (Warkus has given me instructions on how to fix, but I haven't got around to it yet.

Is this a known phenomenon, or do you reckon the last two tuners have followed A&B into tuner pergatory???

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Lost 7 network, updated firmware, now nothing.

Post by MrQuade » Sun Apr 15, 2018 22:42

If your tv can still tune into all the channels but your T4 can't, then tuners C and d probably went the same way as the other two.

The fault is not unknown (ie. Tuners failing in pairs), but I think it is not at all common.

It'll certainly be nothing to do with the firmware.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

muzza
Apprentice

Re: Lost 7 network, updated firmware, now nothing.

Post by muzza » Sun Apr 15, 2018 23:09

Thanks MrQuade.

I guess I'll have to pull the Toppy out of retirement until I can attempt the repairs.

Return to “Official Firmware Images”