New Firmware for all T-Series Models (T2/T3/T4) 10/03/2017

Moderators: Gully, peteru

tb123
Master

Re: New Firmware for all T-Series Models (T2/T3/T4) 10/03/20

Post by tb123 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 17:26

prl wrote: If the router has assigned a DHCP address to the Beyonwiz (rather than you setting up a DHCP fixed mapping on the router), it's because the Beyonwiz used DHCP to ask the router to assign it an IP address. That may have been a once-off thing while it was being set up. It's hard to know, because there are lots of variables and it's still a bit unclear quite what you've done.
After the USB upgrade, when setting up the network on the T4, it was assigned an address of 192.168.10.36 via dhcp as this happened prior to me being able to change the T4 to a static address of .202. It was ok like this until the next day when for some reason the T4 stopped responding to .202.

Every device has a default to receive an address via DHCP and you then change it to a static address manually during the setup process. So presumably every device, as soon it is plugged into a network will get a dhcp address at some point when it is first connected.
I have my desktop, printer and NAS in the .2 to .19 range, then DHCP pool .20 to .190 (for all of the mobile devices that come and go from the network), then all my AV devices are .200 to .2xx
CX65 OLED, Pioneer LX508a,
Beyonwiz DP-Lite, T4, IceTV
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075
Oppo 103 BDP, Apple TV 4k x 2, PS3, PS4, Samsung BDP, Wii, Chromecast Ultra
Unifi USG, PoE switch and access points, Synology DS916+ NAS, HikVision cams, iPads, iPhones, Android, laptops, MacBooks etc.

raymondjpg
Guru

Post by raymondjpg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 17:56

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:For a 'no faffing around' access - use browser FTP access (or rich client FTP access).
With browser access, it's easy to read log & config files
ftp://root:zilch@beyonwizt2
Yes, that works for me too, particularly as now I have Guest access to Root any old login credentials will work!

I still prefer access via the Windows file manager (some call Explorer) particularly as I can call up a text editor of choice there if need be.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 31, 2017 18:06

raymondjpg wrote:
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:For a 'no faffing around' access - use browser FTP access (or rich client FTP access).
With browser access, it's easy to read log & config files
ftp://root:zilch@beyonwizt2
Yes, that works for me too, particularly as now I have Guest access to Root any old login credentials will work! ...
The FTP authentication is independent of Windows share authentication. The default FTP authentication for root has no password (the "zilch" in GrumpyGeoff's URL can be anything you like). If you want a root password for that (and other things like telnet), you need to set that password in MENU>Setup>Network>Password.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Mar 31, 2017 18:21

prl wrote: If you want a root password for that (and other things like telnet), you need to set that password in MENU>Setup>Network>Password.
Though it's probably not a good idea to do that just yet due to the SSH login bug when a root password is set. Hopefully that will get sorted in the next online update.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Mar 31, 2017 18:37

vader1111 wrote: Just tested it.. 576i works just fine, but there's no sign of that "power button" logo on startup.
Odd. It must just be that the T2 bootloader's HDMI driver tickles your equipment the wrong way.

raymondjpg
Guru

Post by raymondjpg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 18:39

prl wrote:The FTP authentication is independent of Windows share authentication. The default FTP authentication for root has no password (the "zilch" in GrumpyGeoff's URL can be anything you like). If you want a root password for that (and other things like telnet), you need to set that password in MENU>Setup>Network>Password.
Ah yes, of course. It must be that I am so happy to now have faffless access to the Root directory via the Windows file manager with the Guest account that I will now readily ascribe all access by whatever means to that happy event. My first mistake in all of this was to reset the Root password to something other than blank, then found I couldn't readily reset it back to blank so resorted to reflashing the firmware which did the trick. I would really have preferred not to have gone through all this rigmarole just to get the faffless access, wasting both my time and that of others because things had been changed in the recent firmware upgrade.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Mar 31, 2017 19:00

raymondjpg wrote:I would really have preferred not to have gone through all this rigmarole just to get the faffless access, wasting both my time and that of others because things had been changed in the recent firmware upgrade.
The alternatives would have been to require you to enter a username and password to access both movies and root, or alternatively not allow access to root at all, and require the user to manually edit the smb.conf file themself to get that access.

It was no longer acceptable to allow unauthenticated access to root by default.

Rocks and hard places. And at the end of the day, it is a Microsoft limitation that is causing the grief.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Mar 31, 2017 19:03

raymondjpg wrote:...
I would really have preferred not to have gone through all this rigmarole just to get the faffless access, wasting both my time and that of others because things had been changed in the recent firmware upgrade.
I haven't changed the Samba config and I have 'faffless' access to my T2 and T4 via Windows File Explorer.
As I've posted, I've batch files that contain 'net use' and 'start' commands. Double-click the batch file and it's done - there's the File Explorer window open in all its glory, showing me the "Movie" and "Root" Samba shares; I call that faffless, and it wasn't much of a rigmarole to get there.

TMTOWTDI

Cheers
Geoff

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Mar 31, 2017 19:31

iannrob wrote:...
1. Samba is running
2. ping beyonwizt3 does not work
3. Using hostname and IP from Menu>Info with the \\start{} does not work. Network error, windows cannot access IP or hostname from command prompt.
Let me try to summarise.

You didn't restore 4.4 settings.
The Samba server on the T3 is running
You can't ping your T3 by hostname (any access by hostname fails)

In your original post you said - "I can ping the T3 and connect to it via a browser and webif comes up."
I assume this was via the T3's IP address, yes?
If so, why doesn't this work then from your web browser - ftp://root:none@{put-your-T3-IP-address-here}/ (ensure you remove the parentheses)
And if it does, why doesn't Samba access work -
- from a Windows command prompt - "start \\{put-your-T3-IP-address-here}" (again, ensure you remove the parentheses. and emove the double-quotes)
- from Windows Explorer, entering in the address bar - \\{put-your-T3-IP-address-here}

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Mar 31, 2017 20:01

MrQuade wrote: EDIT: I've just extended the DHCP scope of the router to x.x.x.240 and set the T4 as DHCP. It picked up the .202 address, so will see how it goes. But I've never had issues setting up static addresses before, including the T4 prior to the latest upgrade.
All the above being said, I will do some experimentation with an address statically assigned in my T4 to see if I can reproduce the problems you are describing. It definitely sounds peculiar. Either there is a DHCP setting "stuck" in the T4 despite the address being set manually, or your router is doing something odd (hard to see how since it has worked fine till now).[/quote]
I've tried to reproduce this on my T4 and it is not happening for me.

I switched to a locally defined static address that was different to the DHCP assigned address, but the address took effect and stayed that way across reboots of the T4.

I even tried setting the static address, then pressed EXIT instead of OK after applying the settings (during the countdown popup), as I know this has been known to cause strange behaviour if you do that when setting up Samba mounts.

iannrob
Apprentice

Post by iannrob » Fri Mar 31, 2017 20:16

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
1. Samba is running
3. Using hostname and IP from Menu>Info with the \\start{} does not work. Network error, windows cannot access IP or hostname from command prompt.
Let me try to summarise.

In your original post you said - "I can ping the T3 and connect to it via a browser and webif comes up."
If so, why doesn't this work then from your web browser - ftp://root:none@{put-your-T3-IP-address-here}/ (ensure you remove the parentheses)

Those are the questions I need answering, if it worked i would not have a problem with this hopeless, useless excuse for a PVR

- from a Windows command prompt - "start \\{put-your-T3-IP-address-here}" (again, ensure you remove the parentheses. and emove the double-quotes)
- from Windows Explorer, entering in the address bar - \\{put-your-T3-IP-address-here}
T3

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Mar 31, 2017 20:31

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
iannrob wrote: I assume this was via the T3's IP address, yes?
Those are the questions I need answering, if it worked i would not have a problem with this hopeless, useless excuse for a PVR
You haven't really confirmed if that ftp link is working I think.

Grumpy_Geoff is asking you to use the IP address, as in:
ftp://root:none@192.168.0.50/

And not

ftp://root:none@beyonwizt3/

If you have not changed the network password, and you did not restore your previous settings, then the first method should be working.

craigh
Wizard

Post by craigh » Fri Mar 31, 2017 21:11

Upgraded my T4 and T2 today. Smooth and no issues other than needing to copy over auto timers and a few tweaks to samba.conf
Craig
T4 + Kodi + Foxtel IQ2 > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Panasonic Plasma
T2 + Kodi Player > Pioneer Plasma
5 x Kodi + Enigma Plugin > LCD TV's
Retired - S1, P1, P1, FLV1, H1, H1
Foxtel IQ3 > Digi-MOD RL-DM1102 - SD DTV RF Modulator > All TV's
Remotes - Pronto TSU9400's + TSU7500's

tb123
Master

Post by tb123 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 21:43

MrQuade wrote:
MrQuade wrote: EDIT: I've just extended the DHCP scope of the router to x.x.x.240 and set the T4 as DHCP. It picked up the .202 address, so will see how it goes. But I've never had issues setting up static addresses before, including the T4 prior to the latest upgrade.
All the above being said, I will do some experimentation with an address statically assigned in my T4 to see if I can reproduce the problems you are describing. It definitely sounds peculiar. Either there is a DHCP setting "stuck" in the T4 despite the address being set manually, or your router is doing something odd (hard to see how since it has worked fine till now).
I've tried to reproduce this on my T4 and it is not happening for me.

I switched to a locally defined static address that was different to the DHCP assigned address, but the address took effect and stayed that way across reboots of the T4.

I even tried setting the static address, then pressed EXIT instead of OK after applying the settings (during the countdown popup), as I know this has been known to cause strange behaviour if you do that when setting up Samba mounts.[/quote]

My T4 continues to work with the statically assigned address until the next day-ish, it's almost as if when the 24hr dhcp lease runs out that causes an issue, or something triggers the router to revert to the previously assigned dhcp address.
CX65 OLED, Pioneer LX508a,
Beyonwiz DP-Lite, T4, IceTV
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075
Oppo 103 BDP, Apple TV 4k x 2, PS3, PS4, Samsung BDP, Wii, Chromecast Ultra
Unifi USG, PoE switch and access points, Synology DS916+ NAS, HikVision cams, iPads, iPhones, Android, laptops, MacBooks etc.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Mar 31, 2017 21:45

tb123 wrote: My T4 continues to work with the statically assigned address until the next day-ish, it's almost as if when the 24hr dhcp lease runs out that causes an issue, or something triggers the router to revert to the previously assigned dhcp address.
I'll leave it for a day or two then, and see what happens on mine.

EDIT: whoops, edited this post instead of quoting it. I have reverted to its original content.
Last edited by MrQuade on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:06, edited 3 times in total.

niloc
On probation

Post by niloc » Fri Mar 31, 2017 22:08

MrQuade wrote:
niloc wrote: I've tried booting the T4 with the unziped files on 4 different sticks two of which were Fat32, 1Gb and 8 Gb. Both pretty old as suggested in an earlier post but that's all I have.
When you unzip the files to the stick, do you do so such that the "beyonwiz" directory is in the root of the USB stick?

Do you see the stick being accessed when the T4 first boots up? (if it has LEDs on it).

Have you unplugged all other USB devices from the T4? (Have you tested your T4's USB ports to see if they work?)

niloc wrote:Maybe Beyonwiz can provide something that works for everyone?
Here is mention one that is readily available if you like.
Sorry for the duplication and thanks for your reply.

Yes the beyonwiz directory is always in the stick root directory and one of the sticks has a led which flashes as the T4 starts but it then goes into "loading files" the same as for the other sticks.

I frequently use an external USB HD in the front USB port and this is where I I've been attaching the new firmware USBs. Nothing is plugged into the rear USB sockets. The rear USBs haven't been as reliable in reading an external HD so I avoid using them.

I'll have a look at the link you posted

Thanks,
Col

vader1111
Master

Post by vader1111 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 22:47

MrQuade wrote:
vader1111 wrote: Just tested it.. 576i works just fine, but there's no sign of that "power button" logo on startup.
Odd. It must just be that the T2 bootloader's HDMI driver tickles your equipment the wrong way.
Something, somewhere along the chain, isn't playing ball. Not overly worried about it - the update is done, and appears to be working.
2x T2 19.3 20201114

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Mar 31, 2017 23:36

iannrob wrote: Those are the questions I need answering, if it worked i would not have a problem with this hopeless, useless excuse for a PVR
Step by step then...

Please show us a screenshot of your T3's screen display from MENU -> Information -> Network

Please show us a screenshot of your T3's screen display from MENU -> Setup -> Network -> Network interface

Please show us a complete screenshot of your T3's Openwebif 'Box Info' display in your web browser

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sat Apr 01, 2017 00:09

Not sure if this is a bug with latest firmware?

Under Recording settings I have margin before recording set to 5 and after recording set to 25 but they are not being honoured.

A typical 30 min ice timer is being created with margin before of 3 and margin after 5.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 00:15

Trial_Master wrote:Not sure if this is a bug with latest firmware?

Under Recording settings I have margin before recording set to 5 and after recording set to 25 but they are not being honoured.

A typical 30 min ice timer is being created with margin before of 3 and margin after 5.
Re-send your timers from the IceTV site. The ones that are already on your Wiz were probably sent when the settings were set to 3 and 5.

The padding is applied at the time of download, they are not adjusted if you change the padding settings after the timer is already created.

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sat Apr 01, 2017 00:19

I adjusted the settings before I set up Ice tv and resent the timers, in addition all new timers since the other night when I updated firmware are still creating with 3 & 5.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 00:24

Trial_Master wrote:I adjusted the settings before I set up Ice tv and resent the timers, in addition all new timers since the other night when I updated firmware are still creating with 3 & 5.
What about timers that you create from the EPG on the Wiz?

Others are not having any padding trouble with IceTV other than the issue I mentioned earlier.

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sat Apr 01, 2017 00:36

Just tried and that worked fine. I'll delete timers and resend from Ice.

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sat Apr 01, 2017 00:42

Don't think I should have deleted timers on Beyonwiz. They have been removed from Ice website now. Anyway to reverse?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 00:44

Trial_Master wrote:Don't think I should have deleted timers on Beyonwiz. They have been removed from Ice website now. Anyway to reverse?
Not really sure of anything on the Ice side. Did you have a settings backup on the Wiz that included those timers? You could try restoring that.

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sat Apr 01, 2017 00:45

Only back up from older firmware. Damn!

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 00:50

Trial_Master wrote:Only back up from older firmware. Damn!
You can extract the timers.xml file from that backup and use it. That file is safe to transport between versions.

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sat Apr 01, 2017 01:00

Great. Thanks I'll look into that.

iannrob
Apprentice

Post by iannrob » Sat Apr 01, 2017 06:06

MrQuade wrote:
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
iannrob wrote: I assume this was via the T3's IP address, yes?
You haven't really confirmed if that ftp link is working I think.

Grumpy_Geoff is asking you to use the IP address, as in:
ftp://root:none@192.168.0.50/

And not

ftp://root:none@beyonwizt3/

OK the first method has started working and I can access the files by the ftp method. pinging the ip address is also working now. I really dont understand what is happening here. BTW The T3 is still not appearing in windows explorer as a network device

If you have not changed the network password, and you did not restore your previous settings, then the first method should be working.
T3

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sat Apr 01, 2017 07:54

MrQuade wrote:
Trial_Master wrote:Only back up from older firmware. Damn!
You can extract the timers.xml file from that backup and use it. That file is safe to transport between versions.
I couldn't find where the timers.xml was located so I went through my ICE series and manually created timers for the week. The padding before and after is now 5 and 25 :)

Thanks for all your help MrQuade.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 01, 2017 08:00

Trial_Master wrote:...
I couldn't find where the timers.xml was located.
timers.xml is in /etc/enigma2. Its most recent backup is by default in /media/hdd/backup/enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz. That's a Unix compressed TAR archive and etc/enigma2/timers.xml is one of the files inside it. It's easy to extract if you know how to use the Unix "tar" command, less easy if not.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

ghines
Master

Post by ghines » Sat Apr 01, 2017 08:09

Hi all,

Just installed this update, and remembered not to restore my settings on my T4. All seems OK except when I press the OK button to bring up the info at the bottom of the screen. The very bottom and left and right text is partly missing. The text is not missing in Open Webif.

Any ideas appreciated.

TIA

Greg
Beyonwiz T4
Qotom M150S running pfSense
Yamaha YSP-2500
Samsung 55" UA55H6400
QNAP TS-128 NAS
Logitech Harmony 650

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 01, 2017 08:30

ghines wrote:...
Just installed this update, and remembered not to restore my settings on my T4. All seems OK except when I press the OK button to bring up the info at the bottom of the screen. The very bottom and left and right text is partly missing. The text is not missing in Open Webif. ...
The default settings relating to TV overscanning and its effect on the UI display have changed. There are several posts in this topic about this problem. Here, for example.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

ghines
Master

Post by ghines » Sat Apr 01, 2017 09:22

prl wrote:
ghines wrote:...
Just installed this update, and remembered not to restore my settings on my T4. All seems OK except when I press the OK button to bring up the info at the bottom of the screen. The very bottom and left and right text is partly missing. The text is not missing in Open Webif. ...
The default settings relating to TV overscanning and its effect on the UI display have changed. There are several posts in this topic about this problem. Here, for example.
Thanks Peter, selecting Screen Fit fixed the problem.
Beyonwiz T4
Qotom M150S running pfSense
Yamaha YSP-2500
Samsung 55" UA55H6400
QNAP TS-128 NAS
Logitech Harmony 650

iannrob
Apprentice

Post by iannrob » Sat Apr 01, 2017 09:41

iannrob wrote:
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
1. Samba is running
Let me try to summarise.

After several dozen attempts I finally got the T3 to install 4.4. IceTV is now working again. The online update for 4.4 appeared and is now running. Other tests not yet run.
T3

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 09:55

iannrob wrote: After several dozen attempts I finally got the T3 to install 4.4. IceTV is now working again. The online update for 4.4 appeared and is now running. Other tests not yet run.
IceTV wasn't working either? You didn't mention anything about that earlier.

iannrob
Apprentice

Post by iannrob » Sat Apr 01, 2017 14:44

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
1. Samba is running
Let me try to summarise.

Thanks for your help,
1. 4.4 now restored with difficulty. Rebooting with USB stick in the slot did not result in the upgrade process starting, after numerous tries it eventually worked.
2. Samba is running
3. I can ping using the hostname
4. T3 now visible and accessible by Windows Explorer

Only problem remaining is I cant see the windows shared folders. Network browser finds "workgroup" instead of the real "PC name". I manually entered in the videos shared folder using the IP address of the PC and using Videos as the share name. After activation the drive was green and I thought I was OK. Not to be, there are no folders visible in the shared drive.
T3

iannrob
Apprentice

Post by iannrob » Sat Apr 01, 2017 15:19

MrQuade wrote:
iannrob wrote: After several dozen attempts I finally got the T3 to install 4.4. IceTV is now working again. The online update for 4.4 appeared and is now running. Other tests not yet run.
IceTV wasn't working either? You didn't mention anything about that earlier.
It was the least of my worries. Basically nothing network was working. Funnily enough entering my details in the icetv setup resulted in me being logged in, even the logs said retrieving epg data etc, but nothing was retrieved no icetv epg no timers.
After I was finally able to restore 4.4 all was well.
T3

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 01, 2017 15:40

It was the least of my worries. Basically nothing network was working. Funnily enough entering my details in the icetv setup resulted in me being logged in, even the logs said retrieving epg data etc, but nothing was retrieved no icetv epg no timers.
Did configuring IceTV over again create a second IceTV device on the server side with the same name?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 15:44

iannrob wrote: It was the least of my worries.
The more information you can supply us the better. If IceTV wasn't working then it pointed more at a problem in the Wiz than in your network. It can help us narrow down the root cause of the issue.

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 16:07

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but is there a way of changing the defaults in the auto timer set up? i.e. Having no specific day or time range without having to uncheck it every time.

Cheers Mike

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat Apr 01, 2017 17:25

mike007 wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but is there a way of changing the defaults in the auto timer set up? i.e. Having no specific day or time range without having to uncheck it every time.

Cheers Mike
Hopefully I can catch them all but I am moving all the responses to A quick guide to Beyonwiz T series AutoTimers as that's the most obvious place for this discussion.
Cheers
Gully

stephent
On probation

Post by stephent » Sat Apr 01, 2017 17:32

I can't get the upgrade to initiate on the T3 . I get the message to push the up arrow and nothing happens when I push on the front panel or the remote. It just defaults to booting after about 10 seconds...

Tried 3 formated usb , no change

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat Apr 01, 2017 17:39

stephent wrote:I can't get the upgrade to initiate on the T3 . I get the message to push the up arrow and nothing happens when I push on the front panel or the remote. It just defaults to booting after about 10 seconds...

Tried 3 formated usb , no change
As previously posted, it has to be on the front panel not the remote.

Is it FAT32 formatted?
Have you removed all other USBs?
Have you tried renaming the file noforce to force?
Cheers
Gully

iannrob
Apprentice

Post by iannrob » Sat Apr 01, 2017 18:47

prl wrote:
Did configuring IceTV over again create a second IceTV device on the server side with the same name?
Sorry I don't understand that question.
T3

iannrob
Apprentice

Post by iannrob » Sat Apr 01, 2017 18:53

MrQuade wrote:
iannrob wrote: It was the least of my worries.
The more information you can supply us the better. If IceTV wasn't working then it pointed more at a problem in the Wiz than in your network. It can help us narrow down the root cause of the issue.

True enough, but you are just answering the questions that are raised as a result of your initial inquiry. You know swamps, crocodiles and draining etc
T3

xlrcomm
Apprentice

Post by xlrcomm » Sat Apr 01, 2017 21:35

I've upgraded my T3 and mostly it seems ok so far.

I've noticed on video playback, I can no longer use the time skip fuinction on keys 1,3,4,6,7&9. I can't seem to find the menu where these are programmed too.
Has this great feature been removed?
Rick
Beyonwiz T3
Yamaha RX-V767
LG 55uj654t 55" LCD
Logitech Harmony 785
ReadyNAS NV+ v2

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 21:48

xlrcomm wrote:I've upgraded my T3 and mostly it seems ok so far.

I've noticed on video playback, I can no longer use the time skip fuinction on keys 1,3,4,6,7&9. I can't seem to find the menu where these are programmed too.
It's under the button settings in MENU->Setup->System->Button settings->Enable skip for number buttons.

xlrcomm
Apprentice

Post by xlrcomm » Sat Apr 01, 2017 22:17

MrQuade wrote:
xlrcomm wrote:I've upgraded my T3 and mostly it seems ok so far.

It's under the button settings in MENU->Setup->System->Button settings->Enable skip for number buttons.
Cool, thanks for that and the fast reply.
Couldn't find it for the life of me. Easy when you know where to look :)
Rick
Beyonwiz T3
Yamaha RX-V767
LG 55uj654t 55" LCD
Logitech Harmony 785
ReadyNAS NV+ v2

Return to “Official Firmware Images”