Series2Folder plugin

Moderators: Gully, peteru

mike007
Master

Re: Series2Folder plugin

Post by mike007 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:32

Hi guys,

I've installed this on my T4 but its doesn't show in plugins and nothing has changed in media, it went through the install motions and said done. Is there something else I need to do?

Cheers

edit: I rebooted after

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:43

Did you restart the GUI (or reboot)? If so, where did you look for it? It only appears in the media browser selection screen menu, from live TV, MEDIA, MENU. Then you should have new entries "Sel series to Folder", "Series to Folder" and "Series to Folder..." added at the end of the menu list. Note that these and many other menu entries only appear when the focus is not on a directory (including Trash).

You should also have the same entries available in the media selection's MENU>Settings configurations for what the coloured and other buttons do, in the third and fourth pages of the settings.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:05

I rebooted, I couldn't work out how to restart GUI. What I go to media it has to be focused on a directory so I'm not sure what you mean. When I hit menu I get a list that goes from settings down to rename, nothing about move to series folder.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:47

mike007 wrote:What I go to media it has to be focused on a directory so I'm not sure what you mean. When I hit menu I get a list that goes from settings down to rename, nothing about move to series folder.
He means that when you are in the media browser and BEFORE you press MENU, you must have a recording highlighted. If you have a directory highlighted, then the Series2Folder options will not appear.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:51

mike007 wrote:I rebooted, I couldn't work out how to restart GUI.
Rebooting includes restarting the GUI. With the default POWER button settings, you can restart the GUI from live TV (and some other contexts) with long-POWER>Restart GUI. It's faster than rebooting, which can be convenient when a full reboot isn't required.
mike007 wrote:What I go to media it has to be focused on a directory so I'm not sure what you mean.
I mean that the blue focus highlight in the selection list has to be on a recording or media file, not on a folder.
mike007 wrote:When I hit menu I get a list that goes from settings down to rename, nothing about move to series folder.
That's what I'd expect to see when the blue focus highlight is on a normal folder. When the blue focus highlight is on Trash, the MENU selection is different again (but also doesn't include the Series2Folder entries).

Use UP/DOWN to move the blue highlight bar onto a recording and you'll see lots more options when you press MENU, and those options should include the Series2Folder entries as well as other entries.

This is generic behaviour of the menu in the media player, and isn't specific to Series2Folder.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 13:19

Oh I had no recordings so that's cleared that up :oops:

Thanks guys

gibster
Master

Post by gibster » Mon Dec 26, 2016 15:00

Updated to the latest beta and Series2Folder no longer appears to work. I did a reinstall of Series2Folder after the USB OS update, rebooted the T4 and when accessing Media, selecting a recorded program, pressing Menu there are none of the options for Series2Folder.

Anyone else notice this, or does it now need to be updated for the latest Beta.

gib
BeyonWiz V2
Sony KD-55A9F OLED
Sony KD-65X9000E
Apple TV 4K and Apple TV 4K Gen 2
Sony UBP X800 4k/UHD BluRay Player (Moded for all regions)
X-Box One X
Harmony Ultimate Remote
QNAP TS-451+ NAS

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Dec 26, 2016 15:06

gibster wrote: Anyone else notice this, or does it now need to be updated for the latest Beta.
Series2Folder still works with the latest beta. It must be something else.

You could try re-installing it from a command line to see if the installation produced any errors on your T4.

gibster
Master

Post by gibster » Mon Dec 26, 2016 15:23

MrQuade wrote:
gibster wrote: Anyone else notice this, or does it now need to be updated for the latest Beta.

You could try re-installing it from a command line to see if the installation produced any errors on your T4.
And how might I go about this LOL
BeyonWiz V2
Sony KD-55A9F OLED
Sony KD-65X9000E
X-Box One X
Harmony Ultimate Remote
QNAP TS-451+ NAS

gibster
Master

Post by gibster » Mon Dec 26, 2016 16:28

MrQuade wrote:

OK, gave it another try since you reported it was still working, and don't ask my why but it seems to be working now. Even though the layout of the menus is kind of off, the amount of characters displayed is cut off because the menu item is too long I'm sure.

Thanks

gib
BeyonWiz V2
Sony KD-55A9F OLED
Sony KD-65X9000E
X-Box One X
Harmony Ultimate Remote
QNAP TS-451+ NAS

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Dec 26, 2016 16:33

gibster wrote: And how might I go about this LOL
Copy the "enigma2-plugin-extensions-series2folder_1.6_all.ipk" file onto your T4's harddisk

(I find it easiest to reinstall it after a USB firmware update if it is on the harddisk)

You telnet or ssh into your T4 from your PC:

Code: Select all

telnet beyonwizt4
login as root with no password

Then go to the harddisk mount directory:

cd /hdd
Then run the install command:

opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-series2folder_1.6_all.ipk
It should give you some sort of feedback if it succeeds or fails.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Dec 26, 2016 16:37

gibster wrote:Even though the layout of the menus is kind of off, the amount of characters displayed is cut off because the menu item is too long I'm sure.
What do you mean? Are you using another skin?

This is what the Media Player menu looks like for me (scrolled down to series2folder entries)
1_0_19_684_607_1014_EEEE0000_0_0_0.jpg
And the series2folder config menu.
1_0_19_684_607_1014_EEEE0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg

gibster
Master

Post by gibster » Mon Dec 26, 2016 18:44

Mr Quade

Mine looks just like yours, it's the initial menu where it say "Series to folder ..." and "search EPG for history ..." that I figured there was a character limit on the number of characters that could be displayed.

When I select "Series to folder..." which is obviously for settings on the second screen, all characters are displayed on each line of text.

I'll remember the install via command line for future reference :)
BeyonWiz V2
Sony KD-55A9F OLED
Sony KD-65X9000E
X-Box One X
Harmony Ultimate Remote
QNAP TS-451+ NAS

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Dec 26, 2016 19:14

gibster wrote: Mine looks just like yours, it's the initial menu where it say "Series to folder ..." and "search EPG for history ..." that I figured there was a character limit on the number of characters that could be displayed.

When I select "Series to folder..." which is obviously for settings on the second screen, all characters are displayed on each line of text.
There is a practical character limit, but that's not what the "..." Indicates. That is just shorthand to indicate that if you select this option, you will be asked for further instructions before it does anything.

gibster
Master

Post by gibster » Mon Dec 26, 2016 21:08

MrQuade wrote:
gibster wrote: Mine looks just like yours, it's the initial menu where it say "Series to folder ..." and "search EPG for history ..." that I figured there was a character limit on the number of characters that could be displayed.

There is a practical character limit, but that's not what the "..." Indicates. That is just shorthand to indicate that if you select this option, you will be asked for further instructions before it does anything.
Nice to know. Thank You :)
BeyonWiz V2
Sony KD-55A9F OLED
Sony KD-65X9000E
X-Box One X
Harmony Ultimate Remote
QNAP TS-451+ NAS

Funjunkie6
Apprentice

Post by Funjunkie6 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 13:48

i must be doing something wrong!!

i successfully installed the plugin and restarted my T2, but now, each time i go to Menu, the Series2Folder plugin crashes, causing my T2 to restart.

attached is the Crash Log.

any ideas?

thanks
Attachments
enigma2_crash_1482808204.log
(23.65 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Dec 27, 2016 14:07

Funjunkie6 wrote:any ideas?
I'm not sure that the crash is related to the series2folder plugin. This crashlog looks like it triggers when you open the main setup menu, and series2folder doesn't interact with that menu as far as I know.

It might be the result of some other change that you made, and had not rebooted for a while perhaps?

Have you installed any other plugins, or attempted to uninstall any of the built-in plugins?

Funjunkie6
Apprentice

Post by Funjunkie6 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 14:51

MrQuade wrote:
Funjunkie6 wrote:any ideas?
I'm not sure that the crash is related to the series2folder plugin. This crashlog looks like it triggers when you open the main setup menu, and series2folder doesn't interact with that menu as far as I know.

It might be the result of some other change that you made, and had not rebooted for a while perhaps?

Have you installed any other plugins, or attempted to uninstall any of the built-in plugins?
I am a bit confused with it all so I will do a restore then only install the s2f plugin and go from there

Funjunkie6
Apprentice

Post by Funjunkie6 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 15:01

Can't restore due to crash every time I access menu

Can I restore using webif or other?

Thanks

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Dec 27, 2016 15:07

The easiest and most complete way is to just reinstall the firmware from a USB image. This will start you from a fresh install and you can work from there.

Funjunkie6
Apprentice

Post by Funjunkie6 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 15:29

MrQuade wrote:The easiest and most complete way is to just reinstall the firmware from a USB image. This will start you from a fresh install and you can work from there.
Done! Thanks

drjacka
Apprentice

Post by drjacka » Wed Dec 28, 2016 19:20

Does anyone know a way to have the folders sorted to the ones with the most recent recordings first like the old Tivo's did? This is the main thing that bugs me with the unit.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Dec 28, 2016 19:24

drjacka wrote:Does anyone know a way to have the folders sorted to the ones with the most recent recordings first like the old Tivo's did? This is the main thing that bugs me with the unit.
Press MENU when you have the Media Payer open. There is an option there called "Sort...". Select that.

You can sort simply by one of the "by date" options from there.

I think a more useful setting is "By name, then by reverse date". This lists them by the show name, then shows the oldest first. That way, you can play episodes of a show in order without having to return to the media player interface. Your preferences may vary though :)

By default, the BLUE button also changes the sort order in the Media Player as well. You can press BLUE to cycle through the available options.

drjacka
Apprentice

Post by drjacka » Wed Dec 28, 2016 19:32

MrQuade wrote:
drjacka wrote:Does anyone know a way to have the folders sorted to the ones with the most recent recordings first like the old Tivo's did? This is the main thing that bugs me with the unit.
Press MENU when you have the Media Payer open. There is an option there called "Sort...". Select that.

You can sort simply by one of the "by date" options from there.

I think a more useful setting is "By name, then by reverse date". This lists them by the show name, then shows the oldest first. That way, you can play episodes of a show in order without having to return to the media player interface. Your preferences may vary though :)

By default, the BLUE button also changes the sort order in the Media Player as well. You can press BLUE to cycle through the available options.
Thank you but what I was hoping to see is if for example it records "The Project" tonight then the folder for the project will be at the top of the list of folders until a newer program is recorded and then that program or it's folder will be put to the top of the list. I don't see any settings that scan folders for most recent recording and then sort the folders accordingly.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Dec 28, 2016 19:42

drjacka wrote: Thank you but what I was hoping to see is if for example it records "The Project" tonight then the folder for the project will be at the top of the list of folders until a newer program is recorded and then that program or it's folder will be put to the top of the list. I don't see any settings that scan folders for most recent recording and then sort the folders accordingly.
Ahh, I assume then, that you have your recordings set to record into particular folders?

The folders will be sorted by name or by the date they were first created. There is currently no facility for the directory's date to updated when a new recording is put into it.

It might be worth raising it as a feature request though. When a new recording is placed in a directory, the directory's date is updated to match the date of the latest recording. You can then sort on date, and you should have the result you are after.

I am not sure if is it possible/sensible to achieve, but perhaps one of the firmware devs can comment. I'd recommend posting a request in the "Bug Reporting and Feature Requests" forum.

drjacka
Apprentice

Post by drjacka » Wed Dec 28, 2016 19:52

MrQuade wrote:
drjacka wrote: Thank you but what I was hoping to see is if for example it records "The Project" tonight then the folder for the project will be at the top of the list of folders until a newer program is recorded and then that program or it's folder will be put to the top of the list. I don't see any settings that scan folders for most recent recording and then sort the folders accordingly.
Ahh, I assume then, that you have your recordings set to record into particular folders?

The folders will be sorted by name or by the date they were first created. There is currently no facility for the directory's date to updated when a new recording is put into it.

It might be worth raising it as a feature request though. When a new recording is placed in a directory, the directory's date is updated to match the date of the latest recording. You can then sort on date, and you should have the result you are after.

I am not sure if is it possible/sensible to achieve, but perhaps one of the firmware devs can comment. I'd recommend posting a request in the "Bug Reporting and Feature Requests" forum.

Yes I just installed the Series2Folder Plugin so they are all in there own folders now. Thank you for your help with this. I'll just have to choose to either have a mess with the most recent recordings or nice and neat with no idea of what's just been recorded. I will have put in a feature request though. Thanks again :)

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Dec 28, 2016 20:03

drjacka wrote: Yes I just installed the Series2Folder Plugin so they are all in there own folders now. Thank you for your help with this. I'll just have to choose to either have a mess with the most recent recordings or nice and neat with no idea of what's just been recorded. I will have put in a feature request though. Thanks again :)
Ahh of course (I probably should have checked this was posted in the Series2folder thread first ;) DERP!)

Rather than putting the request in the main forums, it's possibly then worth leaving the enhancement request here as a series2folder specific feature. "Add a new option such that when enabled, and a new recording is added to a directory, update the directory's date to match the latest recording date".

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Dec 29, 2016 09:56

Oh! As-per PeterU's other post it looks like the directory date already updates with any new files placed in it, so the normal date sort functions work to do what you want already (except for the case of file deletion that PeterU mentioned).

anthony0

Re: Wrong Directory

Post by anthony0 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 23:19

Hi All

Just reinstalled series2folder over the latest beta. Seems to behave a little differently for me now. When I highlight a recording and select "Sel Series to Folder" i get an error saying that "series2folder did not find anything to move in /media/hdd/movies" which is correct because the recording i had selected is in /media/hdd/recordings which is where everything i record goes. so not sure why the plugin is not actually picking up the location of recording i have selected? Probably something in my setup, not sure what though so any assistance appreciated...it used to work ok.
thanks
A

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Wrong Directory

Post by MrQuade » Mon Jan 09, 2017 00:14

anthony0 wrote: Probably something in my setup, not sure what though so any assistance appreciated...it used to work ok.
Have you changed the default movie directory since installing the 16.1 beta? MENU->Setup->TV->Recording settings->Default movie location

anthony0

Post by anthony0 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 09:50

Thanks for the suggestion. No I had not. Just did and rebooted. Did not change the outcome unfortunately.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:49

Series2Folder gets the directory to search from MENU>Setup>TV>Recording settings>Default movie location.

The fallback code for the case where the directory in the config setting doesn't exist tries, in order:
/media/hdd/movie
/media/hdd
the top-level 'movie' directory on a local mounted file system
the top-level directory on a local mounted file system
the top-level 'movie' directory on a network file system with the most free space
the top-level directory on a network file system with the most free space

The mechanism that selects the value for the folder that Seres2Folder uses is outside the Series2Folder plugin.

After changing Default movie location, Series2Folder needs to be restarted by at least doing a GUI Restart for Series2Folder automatic operation to work properly. This is probably a bug.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

anthony0

Post by anthony0 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:06

All good now. Thanks for the support.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jan 09, 2017 13:23

Great. What was the fix?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

anthony0

Post by anthony0 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 13:48

it was what you said about default locations. There are three default locations to be set in that setup. I missed the first one thinking it was a heading :/. After re-reading your post I had a closer look and fixed up the first one which was of course the one that series2folder uses. So user error.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 17:15

prl wrote:...
After changing Default movie location, Series2Folder needs to be restarted by at least doing a GUI Restart for Series2Folder automatic operation to work properly. This is probably a bug.
I've verified this, and I'll fix it so that changes to Default movie location are immediately reflected in Series2Folder.

I've also been thinking that Series2Folder probably shouldn't be using Default movie location as the location to search, but rather Timer recording location (and perhaps also Instant recording location if it's different).

It should perhaps be using Default movie location as the destination for where the series folders get put, but there are potential efficiency problems there if the destination folder isn't on the same device as the search folder.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 23:23

OK. I am probably going to feel rather silly, when you tell me what I'm doing wrong...
I have installed the plug in - the screen got a pop-up that it was done (see photo of TV) I rebooted, but couldn't find the folder. I then looked in the list of plug-ins, it wasn't listed there either.
So, I thought I'd try installing it again - same result. I then opened it on the web (to make a screen shot) and it looks different there (see attached) As you can see, it is saying that it is "preparing - please wait" but the bar above it doesn't move. At the same time I still have the same "done" message on the TV screen (I haven't hit exit yet - thought I'd wait if the bar on the web screen moves any)
What have I done wrong?
Attachments
2017-01-31 23.57.04.jpg
1_0_1_631_603_1014_EEEE0000_0_0_0.jpg
1_0_1_631_603_1014_EEEE0000_0_0_0.jpg (12.73 KiB) Viewed 8222 times
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
TV: Samsung UA55MU7000W
TV: Sharp Aquos LC37PD5X
TV: Sony KDL-46EX520
Panasonic DMR ES35V

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 23:43

OK, seem to have found it. No idea what I've done differently.
Now I have a new question. I am sure it has been asked and answered, but I was hoping not to have to read the entire thread. Attached is what it looks like.
I had an experiment, picked on a file and clicked on Sel Series to Folder and, sure enough it created a folder for it and moved the file into it. So far so good. But not sure what the other two selections do (they seem the same) Which one do I need to choose to get the files go into folders automatically?
Attachments
1_0_1_631_603_1014_EEEE0000_0_0_0.jpg
1_0_1_631_603_1014_EEEE0000_0_0_0.jpg (21.24 KiB) Viewed 8221 times
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
Panasonic DMR ES35V

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Feb 01, 2017 00:59

csutak40 wrote: I had an experiment, picked on a file and clicked on Sel Series to Folder and, sure enough it created a folder for it and moved the file into it. So far so good. But not sure what the other two selections do (they seem the same) Which one do I need to choose to get the files go into folders automatically?
"Sel series to folder" takes the recording that you currently have highlighted and puts it into a series directory (and will create a series directory if one does not already exist).

"Series to folder" will do two things primarily
1) looks at all of the recordings in the whole recording directory, and if any recording names match an existing series directory, they will be put in there automatically.
2) If there are two or more recordings with the same name in the recording directory, and there is not an already existing series directory for them, Series2Folder will automatically make the series directory, then move the recordings there.

"Series to folder..." will open a new sub-menu. The new sub-menu has the same two options as described above (just with longer wording). It also contains a third option for configuring Series2Folder. If you select the configuration option, you can then enable the "Allow Series to Folder to run in the background". This will essentually make Series2Folder automatically run the "Series to folder" operation for you any time a recording finishes.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Feb 01, 2017 07:26

MrQuade wrote:...
2) If there are two or more recordings with the same name in the recording directory, and there is not an already existing series directory for them, Series2Folder will automatically make the series directory, then move the recordings there.
The number of recordings with the same name needed to trigger that can be set in the Series2Folder settings.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 09:29

MrQuade wrote:
csutak40 wrote: I had an experiment, picked on a file and clicked on Sel Series to Folder and, sure enough it created a folder for it and moved the file into it. So far so good. But not sure what the other two selections do (they seem the same) Which one do I need to choose to get the files go into folders automatically?
"Sel series to folder" takes the recording that you currently have highlighted and puts it into a series directory (and will create a series directory if one does not already exist).

"Series to folder" will do two things primarily
1) looks at all of the recordings in the whole recording directory, and if any recording names match an existing series directory, they will be put in there automatically.

"Series to folder..." will open a new sub-menu. The new sub-menu has the same two options as described above (just with longer wording). It also contains a third option for configuring Series2Folder. If you select the configuration option, you can then enable the "Allow Series to Folder to run in the background". This will essentually make Series2Folder automatically run the "Series to folder" operation for you any time a recording finishes.
Thank you very much for the explanation. Appreciated.
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
Panasonic DMR ES35V

Master

Post by 000 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 01:57

Hi folks.

I'm trying the Series2Folder plugin, but I don't seem to be getting very far... I've tried:
  • transferring the installer via telnet, and then running the installation - transfer & install says it worked fine.
  • transferring the installer file (extracted from the .zip version), and run the installer from the Bwiz it's self (prompted when plugging in the USB stick). Still no joy
When I ran the installer directly on the Bwiz, I made sure it was "ticked" before proceeding with the install. And it said that the install was successful. (1 item installed).

But I can't find the plugin actually installed on the device. And I can't find any of the contextual menus that I'm expecting for the plugin. Any ideas?

I've rebooted the GUI, done a normal reboot too. And a full shutdown...

Any ideas? (its the plugin version 1.6)

Thank you.
D.
(U4 & V2 Owner, each with a Play TV USB tuner, and a now-retired T4)

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Feb 21, 2017 02:04

000 wrote: transferring the installer via telnet, and then running the installation - transfer & install says it worked fine.[/list]
Then it should be installed :)
000 wrote: But I can't find the plugin actually installed on the device. And I can't find any of the contextual menus that I'm expecting for the plugin. Any ideas?
It won't appear in the plugin menu because it technically isn't a "plugin" in that sense.

To set it up, you need to open the Media Player, then highlight any recording.

Press MENU.
Then select "Series to folder..."
From there you can select the configure option.

That will let you configure Series2Folder to automatically move series into folders when each recording completes.

The other options allow you to manually move an episode or episodes to their correct folder.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Feb 21, 2017 06:45

It won't appear in the plugin menu because it technically isn't a "plugin" in that sense.
It's more that plugins have a number of different options about where they get hooked into the user interface. The post where you download it should be more explicit about where it appears.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:12

I had a look again at the post with the download and it is in fact there:
prl wrote:Installing and updating
Once that's done, the Move series recordings into folders entry will be in the MENU list in the Movie Player (MEDIA from live TV).
But perhaps it could be repeated somewhere.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

rfmoore
Apprentice

Post by rfmoore » Tue Feb 21, 2017 15:45

I just installed the latest USB update and noticed series2folder had disappeared when I selected Menu when in live TV. Is this normal? I have since reinstalled the plugin which is again working well.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Feb 21, 2017 15:49

rfmoore wrote:I just installed the latest USB update and noticed series2folder had disappeared when I selected Menu when in live TV. Is this normal? ...
Yes, it's normal. A USB upgrade overwrites the whole firmware, including any installed plugins.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 16:00

prl wrote:
It's more that plugins have a number of different options about where they get hooked into the user interface. The post where you download it should be more explicit about where it appears.
Can't help but wonder if calling it a plugin is misleading - perhaps it would be better labelled as a "Media player extension".

As a user I have become familiar with the distinction but, based on the label 'plugin', new users will generally expect to find it in the main menu.

Yeah, I know they should read the instructions first but we all know that 'tldr' will be the first shortcut taken... :wink:

Paul
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Feb 21, 2017 16:22

Paul_oz53 wrote:
prl wrote:
Can't help but wonder if calling it a plugin is misleading - perhaps it would be better labelled as a "Media player extension".
Why is it misleading? There are other plugins that insert themselves in places other than the PLUGINS screen. EPGSearch, for example.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “Plugins”