Series2Folder plugin

Moderators: Gully, peteru

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Series2Folder plugin

Post by MrQuade » Mon Apr 22, 2019 22:27

MIL wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 22:02
I still can't drive this plugin though. Any help would be great. I cant see an option to drop my series into, other than "movie". See screen shots below...
All your recordings should go into subfolders under "movie" regardless if they are tv series or not. Don't fight it based on the terminology alone ;). Movie is just a word that means "media files" for want of a better term.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

MIL
Apprentice

Post by MIL » Mon Apr 22, 2019 22:39

adoxa wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 22:08
The point is it creates the folder. If you select one of the "Four Corners", bring up the menu and choose "Sel Series to Folder", your four "Four Corners" episodes will be moved into the newly created "Four Corners" folder. If you choose "Series to Folder" it will also create and move (of what I can see) "Live: NRL Sunday Footy" and "My Kitchen Rules" to their respective folders.
Ah ha. I've got it now! I wasn't pressing the menu button after highlighting "four corners". I can now see S2F options. I'll have a tinker with it now. Thanks.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 23, 2019 07:05

MIL wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 22:39
adoxa wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 22:08
The point is it creates the folder. If you select one of the "Four Corners", bring up the menu and choose "Sel Series to Folder", your four "Four Corners" episodes will be moved into the newly created "Four Corners" folder. If you choose "Series to Folder" it will also create and move (of what I can see) "Live: NRL Sunday Footy" and "My Kitchen Rules" to their respective folders.
Ah ha. I've got it now! I wasn't pressing the menu button after highlighting "four corners". I can now see S2F options. I'll have a tinker with it now. Thanks.

The Series2Folder entries don't show in the menu if the current focus in the file/recording list is a directory. This isn't specific to Series2Folder, it's how all plugins that attach to that menu work. It's a little annoying for Series2Folder, because its Series to Folder and Series to Folder... menu entries don't need a media file or recording to be selected for them to work.

The Series2Folder menu items are a little terse, because they also need to be able to fit as button labels on the coloured button hints at the bottom of the screen.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

kazz
Apprentice

Post by kazz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 09:55

Will Series2Folder also work on the new V2?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:20

kazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 09:55
Yep.

kazz
Apprentice

Post by kazz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:51

MrQuade wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:20
kazz wrote:
Yep.
Great, thanks. :)

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Jun 27, 2019 09:55

MrQuade wrote:
kazz wrote:
Yep.

Have you tested it? Because I haven't :D

Though I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 13:59

prl wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 09:55
MrQuade wrote:
kazz wrote:
Yep.

Have you tested it? Because I haven't :D

Though I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.

The most recent set of changes (v1.9, see following post) were developed on the V2.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 14:02

Series2Folder 1.9 can now be downloaded from the first post in the topic.

Release notes v.1.9
  • Allow manual (menu or button) moves of series recordings to folder in any folder, not just in the Default movie location. Adoxa's idea, but a slightly different implementation from what he proposed.
  • Background moves now follow the user's setting in Default movie location without having to restart the plugin.
I've also reorganised the main post a bit: release notes are now newest-to-oldest, and I've added a section about how to use Series2Folder.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Mar 29, 2020 14:16

Series2Folder 1.10 can now be downloaded from the first post in the topic.

Release notes v.1.10
  • Only show the BLUE Keyboard button hint when focus is on a config item that actually allows text entry.
  • Has some changes to make the code more portable to OpenATV and OpenViX, but it is not yet portable to those systems.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

BradJ
Apprentice

Post by BradJ » Fri Apr 03, 2020 21:06

Hi Peter,

I really miss the TiVo feature where you could specify how many episodes to keep per folder.
I use IceTV.
I’m over remembering every 2 weeks to go into “The Project” folder and delete old episodes. I’d be much happier if the system automatically maintained the folder with the 5 most recent episodes.

Could you please please make a change to include a “Keep latest n episodes” where you could turn it on and set it to a number of episodes to keep. And then when an episode is moved into the folder it deletes the oldest episode.

Stay safe,
Brad.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Apr 03, 2020 21:10

BradJ wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 21:06
Could you please please make a change to include a “Keep latest n episodes” where you could turn it on and set it to a number of episodes to keep. And then when an episode is moved into the folder it deletes the oldest episode.
Not as simple as you may think.
Have a search of the forums for extensive discussion of this potential feature.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Apr 03, 2020 21:58

MrQuade wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 21:10
BradJ wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 21:06
Not as simple as you may think.
Have a search of the forums for extensive discussion of this potential feature.

I think that Bradj is asking for something more limited than a general "delete after n days" setting in timers that would be applied to recordings made from the timer. I think he wants something applied only to folders being controlled by Series2Folder.

The difficulty to do it in Series2Folder really would be how to do the control in Series2Folder when it has no explicit knowledge of which folders are under its "control".
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Apr 03, 2020 23:34

prl wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 21:58
The difficulty to do it in Series2Folder really would be how to do the control in Series2Folder when it has no explicit knowledge of which folders are under its "control".

Back of the bus ticket, 30 seconds of thought -
Could you have a pickle file stored in each directory that defines the number of recordings to keep for this directory?
Pickle file is set by a new MENU popup entry of 'Series2Folder set limit' when the popup entry is actioned on a recording within this existing directory (i.e. requires at least one recording present). New function would have a simple numeric entry field (maybe just CH+/- number increase/decrease), say 1-99 range, to set the limit of recordings to keep for this directory.
When S2F moves a recording into the directory, it detects the limit and then any deletes older recordings to keep the directory within limits.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:25

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 23:34
prl wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 21:58

Back of the bus ticket, 30 seconds of thought -
Could you have a pickle file stored in each directory that defines the number of recordings to keep for this directory?
Pickle file is set by a new MENU popup entry of 'Series2Folder set limit' when the popup entry is actioned on a recording within this existing directory (i.e. requires at least one recording present). New function would have a simple numeric entry field (maybe just CH+/- number increase/decrease), say 1-99 range, to set the limit of recordings to keep for this directory.
When S2F moves a recording into the directory, it detects the limit and then any deletes older recordings to keep the directory within limits.

I had thought of something like that, but not of your suggested way of handling it. I think that the "maximum number of recordings" setting should probably be a ConfigSelection, so that there's a clear "disabled" entry. It could perhaps run: disabled, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 20, 50, 100. Moving between values in a ConfigSelection is done with LEFT/RIGHT.

Unfortunately, Series2Folder 1.9 introduces a bit of a complication to this, because from v1.9, Series2Folder can be run manually from any folder. The "maximum number of recordings" setting should probably only be offered for folders that are direct descendants of the current default movie directory: that is, the folders that background runs of Series2Folder can move recordings to.

At the moment, the background operation of Series2Folder only runs about 2 minutes after startup and on the completion of any recording. To limit the run time, I'd probably only run any cleanup operations on folders where new recordings are being put by the run (otherwise, it would have to scan all direct sub-folders (because it has no built-in knowledge about which folders are being used by Series2Folder) looking for the .pkl files.

Autodelete, except for programs that naturally age quickly, like news broadcasts, is a little of a double-edged sword, too: you need to remember to disable it if you go away for an extended period of time, but intend to view the recordings made when you return.

The lack of knowledge of Series2Folder about which folders it "controls" is an important feature for me: explicit configuration of that would make it as cumbersome to use as specifying destination folders in repeat timers and AutoTimers, which I think would spoil much of its attraction (even though I use it only on selected series myself).

Also, even when there's agreement about how it should work (and I think that a "only keep recordings for up to n days" option per folder may also have merit), I may not have time to work on it for a while. I'm under a little understandable pressure from IanSav to complete my port of the Beyonwiz help screen implementation to OpenViX (I've been working on it on and off, and mostly off recently, for more than a year).

I'd prefer a general method that implements "keep recordings for n days" (and/or some other similar conditions) that's either built into the firmware or a separate plugin, but discussion about how it would work (e.g. the topics that Grumpy_Geoff linked to) has so far been inconclusive. The more general idea has a bit of a "belling the cat" feel about it.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sat Apr 04, 2020 14:52

Hi Prl,
prl wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:25
I'm under a little understandable pressure from IanSav to complete my port of the Beyonwiz help screen implementation to OpenViX (I've been working on it on and off, and mostly off recently, for more than a year).
We, OpenATV, OpenPLi and OpenViX and myself, are all keenly waiting for Prl to return and complete his help system updates and implementation on the other Enigma2 images. The last time we spoke about this project Prl mentioned that the improvements he is making to the help system *will* be made available for Beyonwiz users as well. So any time Prl can free up to work on this project will end up being a benefit for *all* Enigma2 users.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 04, 2020 17:09

IanSav wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 14:52
The last time we spoke about this project Prl mentioned that the improvements he is making to the help system *will* be made available for Beyonwiz users as well. So any time Prl can free up to work on this project will end up being a benefit for *all* Enigma2 users.

I can't remember now what improvements I've made in the OpenViX version of the help system that aren't in the Beyonwiz code. The majority of the work was moving Beyonwiz improvements to OpenViX. Some speedups that were required in ViX, and only marginally useful in Beyonwiz have already been backported to Beyonwiz (some time ago), but I have the niggling suspicion that there are still a vew minor improvements that I've made in the ViX port that haven't made it back to Beyonwiz. Don't expect anything major there :)

However, I have been thinking about making the help system responsive to the user's selection of the remote code set, so that if you say, use a T3 remote codes on a U4, that the help system will show an image of the T3 remote and reflect the differences in the button set between the remote(e.g. no RADIO button on the U4 remote, no TV-OUT button on the T3 remote).

I haven't looked at it closely yet, and If I do it, it will be done on the Beyonwiz firmware first, and then ported to ViX (which should be easy, because by then the help systems should be the same). But in any case, that have to will wait until I finish the main help system port to ViX.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

BradJ
Apprentice

Post by BradJ » Sun Apr 05, 2020 20:14

Hi Peter,

I’m keen to understand:

If Series2folder is moving something into a folder isn’t it under its control?

If that’s a challenge, if it’s possible to enable the setting per folder then does it matter since the user can make the decision at the folder level?

Brad.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 11, 2020 14:12

I have moved all the recent posts about problems with directory counting into Improvement request. Media display. Directory contents, starting here.

Please continue any discussion of that topic there.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

sonicblue
Master

Post by sonicblue » Thu Jun 11, 2020 19:03

This plugin looks awesome and is just what I wanted, but isn't it a bit overkill for those who aren't using IceTV?

I was looking at perhaps making a modification to RecordTimer.py, something like appending RecordTimerEntry.name to RecordTimerEntry.dirname. But something tells me I'm playing with fire, otherwise why would you have gone to the trouble of creating Series2Folder? :)

It *seems* like the relevant functions are freespace() and findSafeRecordPath(). There *seems* to be logic there to check the path exists, and if not, create it.
Last edited by sonicblue on Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Jun 11, 2020 21:37

It was primarily developed for ice tv users, bit it is still useful for regular timers.

I use it with autotimers because it completely automated the process of setting up autotimers to file recordings into folders. If I create a new autotimer, it is a four button press process without any need to create a folder myself or add any extra configuration.

Sometimes life is just too short for wasting time with curating fta recordings.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Jun 11, 2020 22:53

MrQuade wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 21:37
I use it with autotimers because it completely automated the process of setting up autotimers to file recordings into folders. If I create a new autotimer, it is a four button press process without any need to create a folder myself or add any extra configuration.

Yep, same same me.
It's much easier to use Sel. series to folder on a recording than it is to create the directory first, bookmark it, then select it in the AutoTimer definition.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jun 12, 2020 09:29

sonicblue wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 19:03
I was looking at perhaps making a modification to RecordTimer.py, something like appending RecordTimerEntry.name to RecordTimerEntry.dirname. But something tells me I'm playing with fire, otherwise why would you have gone to the trouble of creating Series2Folder? :)

It *seems* like the relevant functions are freespace() and findSafeRecordPath(). There *seems* to be logic there to check the path exists.

That would most likely be safe enough (after all, a timer can already have a destination directory specified for it), but how do you intend to control it? Especially, do you want it creating a new directory for every recording, including one-offs like movies?

Series2Folder was written largely because IceTV has no mechanism for specifying a destination directory for recordings, though as Grumpy_Geoff says, it's useful for other users because it's easier than specifying a destination for every AutoTimer or repeat timer that you create.

But if it is any use, please feel free to take ideas or code from Series2Folder.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

sonicblue
Master

Post by sonicblue » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:31

prl wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 09:29
how do you intend to control it? Especially, do you want it creating a new directory for every recording, including one-offs like movies?

I'd be ok with that. I mean, it's not really any extra clutter having each one-off timer in its own folder instead of a loose file. Plus, there's the added benefit of duplicates automatically ending up in the same folder, in the case where they have the same RecordTimerEntry.name.
Last edited by sonicblue on Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

sonicblue
Master

Post by sonicblue » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:37

MrQuade wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 21:37
If I create a new autotimer, it is a four button press process without any need to create a folder myself or add any extra configuration.

Is there any way to save the default AutoTimer settings? For example, each time I set up an AutoTimer, I still have to set a few things manually like requiring event to be unique and one or two other things. I'd like it to remember those settings for next time I set up an AutoTimer - is it possible?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:47

sonicblue wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:37

Is there any way to save the default AutoTimer settings? For example, each time I set up an AutoTimer, I still have to set a few things manually like requiring event to be unique and one or two other things. I'd like it to remember those settings for next time I set up an AutoTimer - is it possible?
Yea. In the autotimer screen (front the main menu), press MENU and select the autotimer defaults option.

sonicblue
Master

Post by sonicblue » Fri Jun 12, 2020 13:25

MrQuade wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:47
Yea. In the autotimer screen (front the main menu), press MENU and select the autotimer defaults option.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

I think what happened was my brain saw "setup" in that same menu and thought there couldn't be any other setup menus within that menu :lol:

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Jun 12, 2020 14:19

sonicblue wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 13:25
and thought there couldn't be any other setup menus within that menu :lol:
I miss it every time myself after a hiatus.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri Jun 12, 2020 14:39

Autotimer plugin could be enhanced to include an option to auto-populate the directory name with the name of the autotimer. Bonus points for also having an option to specify autotimer base directory (default to the movie directory) in the autotimer defaults.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

sonicblue
Master

Post by sonicblue » Mon Sep 21, 2020 19:31

peteru wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 14:39
Autotimer plugin could be enhanced to include an option to auto-populate the directory name with the name of the autotimer.

I'm just in the process of implementing this (it's quite easy, only a few lines of code in AutoTimerEditor.addAutotimerFromEvent) however I notice the BitBucket repository has no source files for AutoTimer, and the GitHub repository has two of them:

https://github.com/beyonwiz/enigma2-plu ... /autotimer
https://github.com/beyonwiz/enigma2-plu ... otimer/src

It looks like the first one is the relevant one, but could you confirm?

Cheers

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Sep 21, 2020 23:42

Just plain autotimer https://github.com/beyonwiz/enigma2-plu ... /autotimer

Not the vix version.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Bodogbodog
Apprentice

Post by Bodogbodog » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:59

Hi - I'm trying to install this on my new V2 (have used it on my T2 up until now just fine)

I believe I have followed the install instructions correctly

I have the file on a USB and when I insert the USB into the V2 USB 3.0 port it comes up with the plugin found notification - so I go to the screen where it lits the series2folder_1.10_all,ipk and I select that option and press Install - at that point it does the install - but it reports "Done - Installed, upgraded or removed 0 packages with 1 error)

I've tried rebooting the V2 and I've tried different USB sticks including one I used in the past - but it makes no difference

What could I be doing wrong?

I find the Plug in really good and want to get it installed on my V2 - but I'm perplexed as to whats stopping it installing
Beyonwiz V2 Quad Tuner recording to unRAID OS NAS 16Tb NAS
Beyonwiz V2 Dual Tuner (warm standby)
Samsung Q65 OLED TV
Yamaha YSP2700 Sound Bar
Harmony 650 Remote Control

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Oct 09, 2020 13:34

Bodogbodog wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:59
"Done - Installed, upgraded or removed 0 packages with 1 error)

I get that occasionally, and I don't know why (and I've never dug into the debug logs to find out why).

It usually works if I just try again (without rebooting or restarting the GUI).
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Bodogbodog
Apprentice

Post by Bodogbodog » Fri Oct 09, 2020 13:51

Thanks - I'll keep trying then
Samsung Q65 OLED TV
Yamaha YSP2700 Sound Bar

Bodogbodog
Apprentice

Post by Bodogbodog » Fri Oct 09, 2020 14:01

Peter - while I will keep retrying to get it to work - is there any other option to try as I a just can't see how trying to do the install and having it fail is going to change anything as nothing is changing?
Samsung Q65 OLED TV
Yamaha YSP2700 Sound Bar

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Oct 09, 2020 14:36

Bodogbodog wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:59
- but it reports "Done - Installed, upgraded or removed 0 packages with 1 error)

What is the "1 error" reporting?
Can you take a screenshot of the install?

Bodogbodog
Apprentice

Post by Bodogbodog » Fri Oct 09, 2020 14:47

The error doesn't give any detail on the dialogue box which I've quoted - is there somewhere else I should look for the error details?
I'll take some photos of the install progress and fail - will post soon
Samsung Q65 OLED TV
Yamaha YSP2700 Sound Bar

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Oct 09, 2020 15:01

Bodogbodog wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 14:47
The error doesn't give any detail on the dialogue box which I've quoted - is there somewhere else I should look for the error details?
I'll take some photos of the install progress and fail - will post soon

If you install the package via File Commander, then the execution log is copied to /home/root/logs/console.txt -

Code: Select all

root@beyonwizu4:~/logs# pwd
/home/root/logs
root@beyonwizu4:~/logs# ls -al
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Oct  9 10:48 .
drwx------    6 root     root          4096 Oct  8 17:12 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          4015 Sep 28 11:35 console.txt
root@beyonwizu4:~/logs#
You can then view it with File Commander. It may also be present when installing via the "found extensions" popup, though I haven't checked.

Bodogbodog
Apprentice

Post by Bodogbodog » Fri Oct 09, 2020 15:40

Geoff
I found file manager and tried installing the Plug In - the error message is attached as Screen 3
Attached are screen shots and the Console Log and the Enigma log - are they what you're after? - not sure if it tells us much but in the Enigma log you can see the install fail
Sorry about the photos - I've tried to get them up the right way - they show up as that on my PC but are getting flipped when I post them
Attachments
Enigma2-2020-10-09_15-15-47.log
(406.69 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
console.txt
(692 Bytes) Downloaded 51 times
Screen 3 - Install Error.jpg
Screen 2.jpg
Screen 1.jpg
Last edited by Bodogbodog on Fri Oct 09, 2020 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
Samsung Q65 OLED TV
Yamaha YSP2700 Sound Bar

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Oct 09, 2020 15:55

You keep editing your post - I can't keep up!

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Oct 09, 2020 15:57

It looks like you've already got it installed -

Code: Select all

{2170}<    97.753> [Skin] processing screen Ipkg:
{2170}<    97.765> [Skin] processing screen SimpleSummary:
{2170}<    97.769> [SCREENNAME]  ['Ipkg_summary', 'SimpleSummary']
{2170}<    97.770> [SCREENNAME]  Ipkg
{2170}<   101.166> [Ipkg] parseLine Collected errors:
{2170}<   101.166> [Ipkg] parseLine  * opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package /media/usb/enigma2-plugin-extensions-series2folder_1.10_all.ipk.
{2170}<   101.166> [Ipkg] parseLine Refusing to load file '/media/usb/enigma2-plugin-extensions-series2folder_1.10_all.ipk' as it matches the installed version of enigma2-plugin-extensions-series2folder (1.10).
{2170}<   101.166> [Ipkg] parseLine Unknown package '/media/usb/enigma2-plugin-extensions-series2folder_1.10_all.ipk'.
Restart the UI and see if it's present.

Bodogbodog
Apprentice

Post by Bodogbodog » Fri Oct 09, 2020 16:00

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 15:55
You keep editing your post - I can't keep up!
Yes - sorry about that - I found File Manager
I'll try restarting and see if it's there

Good news - it's now appearing in the Menu items when in Media - I never did see a "Successfully installed" type message - only errors....

Thanks everyone for your help

The transition across from T2 to V2 has gone relatively well. It sure makes the transition easier having recording data on the network drive and having done several reinstalls on the T2
Samsung Q65 OLED TV
Yamaha YSP2700 Sound Bar

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 00:03

OK, I really don't know what's going on!
I discovered that updating the firmware deleted the Series2Folder (I restored the backup, but apparently that is not part of it)
So, I installed it again and rebooted. It wasn't there.
I first looked in Media > Menu > Series2Folder, then under Plugins, so decided something went wrong, better install it again
I got this:
2020-12-22 00.19.30.jpg
After I closed the above message, the system crashed. Here is the crash report
Enigma2_crash_2020-12-22_00-27-02.log
(41.88 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Actually, there are two more logs there, better send those too
console.txt
(698 Bytes) Downloaded 47 times
enigma2_execution.log
(690 Bytes) Downloaded 50 times
After the crash, I tried one more time and it was there! I clicked on one of the items and it informed me that it was transferring a program in the particular folder I happened to be in (which it did) and the menu closed
I went to open it again, and it has disappeared again! Also missing from the plugin list
What have I done this time?
P.S. I just noticed, the folder I mentioned above that it moved a file into... It actually created a second folder for that show, inside the first folder and moved all the files in there, including the one recorded yesterday (that wasn't there previously)
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
TV: Samsung UA55MU7000W
TV: Sharp Aquos LC37PD5X
TV: Sony KDL-46EX520
Panasonic DMR ES35V

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Dec 22, 2020 02:30

csutak40 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 00:03
I discovered that updating the firmware deleted the Series2Folder (I restored the backup, but apparently that is not part of it)
Only settings are backed up. Plugins are not/cannot be backed up using the backup function.

That being said, the SETTINGS for Series2Folder would have been backed up, so all you need to do is to re-install the plugin, and it should work just as it did before the backup was made.
csutak40 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 00:03
So, I installed it again and rebooted. It wasn't there.
I first looked in Media > Menu > Series2Folder, then under Plugins, so decided something went wrong, better install it again
Series2Folder doesn't appear under plugins. The settings are accessed by pressing the MENU button when you have a recording highlighted in the Media Player screen.

The reason you got that error is that Series2Folder was already installed, so you can't install it twice.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Dec 22, 2020 09:25

I haven't looked at it detail yet, but the crash in the Enigma2_crash_2020-12-22_00-27-02.log file doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Series2Folder plugin.

Otherwise, what MrQuade said :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Dec 22, 2020 09:30

MrQuade wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 02:30
Series2Folder doesn't appear under plugins. The settings are accessed by pressing the MENU button when you have a recording highlighted in the Media Player screen.

You have to be in the media selection screen and a recording or media file has to be highlighted, not a directory, for the Series2Folder entries to appear when you press MENU. That can be a bit confusing when you don't know about it, but it applies to all plugins that appear in the media selection screen when you press MENU. It's not a problem specific to Series2Folder.

Without going into the messy details, it's hard to change that behaviour.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 09:54

MrQuade wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 02:30

The reason you got that error is that Series2Folder was already installed, so you can't install it twice.
Hence my confusion. That was the first place I looked and it wasn't there
As I said, after several reboots, it did show up for a minute, but disappeared again. Just double (triple?) checked. It is still not there
1_0_1_313_310_3202_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20201222105244.jpg
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
TV: Samsung UA55MU7000W
TV: Sharp Aquos LC37PD5X
TV: Sony KDL-46EX520
Panasonic DMR ES35V

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Tue Dec 22, 2020 09:59

csutak40 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 09:54
As I said, after several reboots, it did show up for a minute, but disappeared again. Just double (triple?) checked. It is still not there
You're still on a directory:
prl wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 09:30
You have to be in the media selection screen and a recording or media file has to be highlighted, not a directory, for the Series2Folder entries to appear when you press MENU.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:23

Note also that none of the other plugin entries in the menu are visible (e.g. Start offline decode, add AutoTimer, Cutlist editor ), either. It's not just Series2Folder that's missing
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “Plugins”