Plex plugin ?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Peter Mills

Plex plugin ?

Post by Peter Mills » Sun Nov 10, 2019 15:05

Could someone please point me in the right direction.
I have just got the new T4 and wish to install the Plex plugin, But I cant find it anywhere ?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Plex plugin ?

Post by MrQuade » Sun Nov 10, 2019 18:22

You can download it from the plugins area of the main setup menu.

MENU->Setup->Plugins->Download plugins

You can find it under "Extensions" and it is called "Dreamplex".
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

charlie_bird
Apprentice

Post by charlie_bird » Fri May 29, 2020 19:28

I haven't posted in a long time, mostly because my unit has been working so well and I've had no issues. I've recently come to know about the Dreamplex plugin. Is there a guide to configure this on the Beyonwiz?

I have Plex installed on a server that is accessible on my local network. I can access on my computers and on my smart TVs. How the heck do I set it up on the Beyonwiz?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri May 29, 2020 19:33

You do need to be logged into your Plex account within the dreamplex plugin you want to be able to connect to your local server.

Just configure the connection to your server via the plugins setup menu. You'll need you login account and the server IP address. There's not a lot more to it from memory.

charlie_bird
Apprentice

Post by charlie_bird » Sat May 30, 2020 10:28

i'm not sure what i was doing wrong. I started the configuration from scratch and it worked ok. I think the only extra step was clicking the generate token button.

I have one outstanding question / issue.
When I'm in my movies list, I get all the metadata including description cast etc. but no thumbnail pictures. I' have not done the sync media option because I think that actually copies the actual movie files from my server to the Beyonwiz HDD ??? (which I don't want to do). Do you have any insight on that or the way sync media works?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat May 30, 2020 10:38

charlie_bird wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:28
Do you have any insight on that or the way sync media works?
I haven't used it, but I suspect that it is a feature to locally copy content. I haven't had any trouble with thumbnails in the past though. Perhaps there is a setting to turn those on and off? Maybe you need to turn off the "preview window" or something along those lines. I'll have to re-install the plugin to check.

The new V2 Wiz has a slightly nicer option for Plex now. Since you can run Kodi on the V2, you are able to then run the Plex plugin for Kodi (yea, two plugins deep). That way though, you get a more traditional looking Plex interface.

charlie_bird
Apprentice

Post by charlie_bird » Sat May 30, 2020 11:15

Thanks for your support and very prompt replies. I started mucking around with the settings and found that 'Use Picture Cache' was the culprit. I turned that off and now I can see the thumbnails ok.

I'm more and more convinced that the media sync will make a mirror copy of your media on the Beyonwiz. In streaming options there is a 'direct local' which i assume does just that if your media is on the local drive.

Anyway, all good. I'm going to go with what I've got for now. It seems to work fine

Return to “Plugins”