HRTunerProxy

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Trial_Master
Guru

HRTunerProxy

Post by Trial_Master » Sat May 12, 2018 14:44

Hello

I currently have T2 set up in Plex and was thinking about adding T4 too. Does anyone know if my recording timers would take priority in the event that all tuners were being consumed?

Regards

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: HRTunerProxy

Post by MrQuade » Sat May 12, 2018 15:40

Whatever tries to allocate a tuner last will be rejected.
I think that will mean that Plex will loose if all the tuners are in use since it will only request the tuner at the time of the event.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sat May 12, 2018 16:17

Thanks MrQuade. I’m might leave the T4 off if that’s the case. WAF is more important.

inedshead
Apprentice

Post by inedshead » Sun Jul 08, 2018 21:14

Hi, I recently read up about the recent firmware update and allowing Plex TV integration.

How do you actually go about making it work? I have installed the HRTunerProxy on my T2 and have now just signed up for a Plex Pass, but when I go through DVR Setup on my Plex Server, it says it can't find the HDHomeRun. I've tried putting in the IP address of my T2 but still no resolve.

Is there a guide on how to do this somewhere?
Ed...

Beyonwiz V2 with WD Green 240GB SSD, Nvidia Shield, XBOX One S, Hisense 65P7 connected through LG SN9 soundbar, using Logitech Harmony Elite, Google Hub Max, networked to Asustor NAS, Amplifi router, Luxul gigabit switch

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Jul 08, 2018 21:24

Did you run the plugin on the T2? It needs to do some initial setup stuff before it will actually do anything.

Also, sometimes Plex won't find the T2 by itself. I have found that I sometimes need to restart the Plex server a couple of times before it actually detects the T2 using the normal setup wizard.

inedshead
Apprentice

Post by inedshead » Mon Jul 09, 2018 22:53

I did go into the plugin originally and changed from Antenna to IPTV and back, but nothing more. I went in again earlier tonight and found when I chose Multi, that it gave a message about Plex so I left it on that mode and selected my bouquet as my Favourites.

What I also noticed after changing to Multi, was that the audio on my HD channels was more stable as I was having random breakups through my AV receiver.

Anyway, I've gone into my Plex server (version. 1.13.2.5154) and tried DVR Setup, but it again just spins looking for the HDHomeRun. I've tried typing in the IP address with and without streaming port reference, but to no avail.

When you refer to restarting the Plex Server, are you running on a PC or NAS and do you just stop the app on your NAS if you're using one and restart it?
Ed...

Beyonwiz V2 with WD Green 240GB SSD, Nvidia Shield, XBOX One S, Hisense 65P7 connected through LG SN9 soundbar, using Logitech Harmony Elite, Google Hub Max, networked to Asustor NAS, Amplifi router, Luxul gigabit switch

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Jul 09, 2018 23:12

inedshead wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 22:53
I did go into the plugin originally and changed from Antenna to IPTV and back, but nothing more. I went in again earlier tonight and found when I chose Multi, that it gave a message about Plex so I left it on that mode and selected my bouquet as my Favourites.
It should be set to antenna. The message about Plex is a generic message that you get when you change the tuner type and is not related to the multi setting.
inedshead wrote:
What I also noticed after changing to Multi, was that the audio on my HD channels was more stable as I was having random breakups through my AV receiver.
I don't know what connection if any is between that setting and you audio. When did the breakups start happening?
inedshead wrote:
Anyway, I've gone into my Plex server (version. 1.13.2.5154) and tried DVR Setup, but it again just spins looking for the HDHomeRun. I've tried typing in the IP address with and without streaming port reference, but to no avail.
I do remember setting this up and specifying the port number manually when I first did this. The last time I did it, I think the Wiz was automatically discovered without having to enter anything. (After the plugin had been updated)
inedshead wrote:
When you refer to restarting the Plex Server, are you running on a PC or NAS and do you just stop the app on your NAS if you're using one and restart it?
Mine is running on a PC effectively (in VM running CentOS 6.x). I just restart the server process. On your NAS there should be some way of shutting down the Plex service manually I would hope.

inedshead
Apprentice

Post by inedshead » Tue Jul 10, 2018 20:16

Thanks MrQuade, your help has been tremendous. I realised that you have to push ok to see the pop up message come on, so I selected antenna and also took note of the port they reference on that screen and not the port I was using for the general stream to my PC or phone.

I had to manually put the address into Plex DVR setup but it identified immediately on that correct port number and setup is working a treat.

Regarding the intermittent sound breakup I was experiencing. I installed the new firmware, and immediately went and installed the plugi-in, and only when then watching TV did I notice that the HD channels, tested on 9HD and 10HD both had the audio drop out, which regularly but only for about half a second at a time. I noticed when looking at my AV receiver that the audio channel icons disappeared too, so I'm not sure what was going on, but it's sorted itself out now it seems. The standard resolution channels were fine at that time btw, so I assumed it was HD bandwidth or broadcast related.

Thanks again for your help.
Ed...

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:28

Hi Everyone

Does the Beyonwiz notify if a plugin is updated?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:36

Trial_Master wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:28
Any updates to plugins in the plugin repository will be detected and you will be notified that an online update is available.
That plugin update would have to be made available in the Beyonwiz plugin repository though, so it wouldn't necessarily be available to the Wiz as soon as a new version was published by the author.

Are you waiting on a HRTunerProxy update?

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:20

MrQuade wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:36
Trial_Master wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:28
Any updates to plugins in the plugin repository will be detected and you will be notified that an online update is available.
That plugin update would have to be made available in the Beyonwiz plugin repository though, so it wouldn't necessarily be available to the Wiz as soon as a new version was published by the author.

Are you waiting on a HRTunerProxy update?
No, not at all. I just recall that this plugin name changed to HRTunerProxy and I was still using older version. Makes sense why I wasn't notified in that instance. I just uninstalled and reinstalled plugin in case I was running older version again and that prompted my question :)

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Sep 16, 2018 13:26

Fair enough. Definitely in that instance you wouldn't be notified automatically. If the plugin's name changes, then it is effectively an entirely different plugin from the Wiz's perspective, so it wouldn't even know to notify you.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Sep 16, 2018 13:38

Hi MrQuade,
MrQuade wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 13:26
Fair enough. Definitely in that instance you wouldn't be notified automatically. If the plugin's name changes, then it is effectively an entirely different plugin from the Wiz's perspective, so it wouldn't even know to notify you.
I am not so sure about that. If a package was created in the correct way it could update the installed plugin to the new specifications. I don't know if this was done but I think it should be possible.

Regards,
Ian.

Return to “Plugins”