Cutlist editor tweaks

Moderators: Gully, peteru

singlefished
Master

Re: Cutlist editor tweaks

Post by singlefished » Thu Jan 04, 2018 16:19

Thanks adoxa, was just about to download and saw your post.... will have a look now :)
4 DP's in da house.... New T2 arrived Dec'17!

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Thu Jan 04, 2018 16:53

Works great adoxa, that BACK command - I should have looked in help, lesson learned :)

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 18:31

I'm about to finally update it, so if there's any requests... The changes planned are:
  • remap long YELLOW to "end at this position";
  • remap long BLUE to "execute cuts and exit";
  • remap long FF/REW to match their normal playback function;
  • allow GREEN to be used before RED (i.e. mark the end of the cut then go back to mark its beginning);
  • possibly add configurable skips (but I'm content as they are, so speak up if you want it);
  • possibly add a function to add marks at in points (allowing PREV/NEXT to skip to the end of each ad break; alternatively, make them recognise cuts as marks, anyway);
I also plan on making execute cuts work as a task, so you can see (estimated) progress.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 05:15

That looks great Adoxa.

Moving "execute cuts" to a coloured button is my number one wish! LONG BLUE is good. Seeing progress would also be interesting but I'm patient enough to let it queue jobs and wait for it to advise it is finished.

Generally OK with the current skips too but occasionally wish I could vary them. It's in the nice to have, rather than essential category.

It's no secret I rate your work very highly for its positive impact on my user experience. It's right up there with the efforts of peteru, prl and IanSav for making the Bwiz software experience great. And, while I'm at it, I should also acknowledge MrQuade and Grumpy_Geoff as mentors and friends to the whole community.

Thanks, Paul
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 17:30

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 05:15
It's no secret I rate your work very highly for its positive impact on my user experience. It's right up there with the efforts of peteru, prl and IanSav for making the Bwiz software experience great. And, while I'm at it, I should also acknowledge MrQuade and Grumpy_Geoff as mentors and friends to the whole community.

Thanks, Paul
+1

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!

dRdoS7

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Fri Jan 05, 2018 23:27

Hi guys,

Maybe this is a setting on the T2 I don't know about/haven't found yet but would be good if I could change it.... I'm still a T-series noob and still learning :)

When I "execute cuts" I get a countdown telling me that they will be executed in the background, 8 seconds I think and the message disappears.

I'll then maybe exit out and channel surf when the file is being cut.

Once the file is cut I get a message on screen to let me know.... but there's no associated countdown and the message stays onscreen forever until I exit.... maybe it does eventually go but however long that is I haven't been able to wait for.

Is there any way to have the "finished" message as a countdown similar to the first? 8 seconds like the first message box would be great!

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 00:45

Find attached the latest version. No need to uninstall the previous, this one will take care of it, restoring the files from 20171230 and OverlayHD 1.64.

I did end up adding marks after every in, but not configurable skips. There's also more selective removal options in BACK. Execute cuts has been turned into a task, which means there's no initial dialog and you can see progress (press BLUE in Live TV; select it to watch it update). The completed dialog times out after 10 seconds. Oh, and this should be the last time you see the tutorial, as it's now saved in settings.

Additionally, I've included absolute seek (long PLAY/PLAYPAUSE) and NEXT after the final mark will stop 10 seconds from the end (which may be the final out cut). Displaying durations in the movie list will take the cuts into account.
Attachments
cuts.zip
(158.15 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 19:08

Thank you Adoxa, it installed easily and worked the first time. The addition of long Blue to access the Execute Cuts menu is great! I'm delighted with the outcome :D :D :D

At the risk of diminishing a fantastic effort that works well and installs easily, I will note a couple of minor points. If these were not addressed, it wouldn't affect my hearty endorsement of the improvements that you have made. My goal here is to reach Nirvana...

A suggestion for the installer would be to also test for the existence of "Full Metal Jacket" before attempting the patch of that skin. As you know, I use OverlayHD (in slim screen mode). I do not have the "Full Metal Jacket" skin installed, though I did use it 'til OverlayHD came along.

My install received a screen display message that read (from memory) "First Hunk Failed", followed by a series of lines which were the text of the patch for Full Metal Jacket. This had no impact on the actual install beyond causing my heart to skip a beat when the message appeared. On closer inspection, I realized it was not actually a problem and went on to successfully edit a file.

Users with only the default skin may get a scare if they see a similar message so it would be good to tidy that detail up.

A second minor observation is an anomaly with the source file duration in minutes after an edit if the option to save a copy is selected. It also changed to match the cut file. I rarely use this option but did so this time as a precaution, lest I accidentally nuke the source. (The missus would have deleted me if I lost her show!) I cut the end off the file selected at random and did execute cuts with the "save a copy with the cut suffix" option.

In the directory file list, both the source and the copy show the same duration in minutes, which is that of the cut file, not the source. However, the extended information for the source file still shows the original duration, which is correct. The source duration is unaffected and the cut file was as expected on playback.

Both are very minor points and really do not impact the user experience in any material way.

Eternally grateful,
Paul
Denon AVR -X2400H

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Jan 10, 2018 21:21

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 19:08
A suggestion for the installer would be to also test for the existence of "Full Metal Jacket" before attempting the patch of that skin. As you know, I use OverlayHD (in slim screen mode). I do not have the "Full Metal Jacket" skin installed, though I did use it 'til OverlayHD came along.
Full Metal comes pre-installed. Did you uninstall it for some reason?
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Wed Jan 10, 2018 21:27

Thanks for the updates Adoxa, I'll download shortly and have a play after the Twenty20 :)

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 21:30

Hi,
adoxa wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 00:45
press BLUE in Live TV
I'd keep that quiet: if ex Toppy owners hear of your programming a Coloured button in LiveTV, they may ask for them all to be made into skipping buttons.

dRdoS7

PS. Nice work, I'd actually recently made the Blue (Long) button in Media Player active Cutlist Editor, so that will be easy to remember.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Jan 10, 2018 21:54

dRdoS7 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 21:30

I'd keep that quiet: if ex Toppy owners hear of your programming a Coloured button in LiveTV, they may ask for them all to be made into skipping buttons.
I think he means the normal BLUE plugin menu will now show the task progress. He hasn't changed the function of BLUE in Live TV.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 22:32

MrQuade wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 21:21
Paul_oz53 wrote:
Full Metal comes pre-installed. Did you uninstall it for some reason?
No, I just checked and it is indeed installed :oops:

These days I don't remove any plugins and just add OverlayHD and Series2Folder. 17.5 has dispensed with the items I used to remove. Last, I apply the CutListEditor tweaks.

The last install was a usb install with restore settings. I haven't touched Full Metal Jacket at all in the last year or more.

That makes it very odd then. The screen message was explicit that it was Full Metal Wizard and the text that followed was the xml code from the FMJ patch.

The only other thing I am playing with is a Mountpoint for a new computer.
Cheers, Paul.

Edit: typo corrected
Last edited by Paul_oz53 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 02:53, edited 1 time in total.
Denon AVR -X2400H

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Thu Jan 11, 2018 01:39

Installed no problems and works great @adoxa :)

I tested the "execute and exit" and very pleased, saves me some wear and tear to the white paint on my remote... OK button is looking worn already after only a few weeks!

Here's something I did notice though.... Both times when I checked the cut after the processing the audio seemed to drop out/go funny just before the cut point and just after the cut the video looked like it was playing double speed for a second to catch up to the audio... I double checked the cuts I did previously with the last update and they were the same. I can't check back much more than the last 2 updates as I've only been on the T2 for a short time.

The blue button progress is a good addition and also like the new countdown message at the end.

@dRdoS7 how do you add the cutlist editor to media player blue button menu??? That's a great idea too :)

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 06:19

Hi,
MrQuade wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 21:54
dRdoS7 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 21:30

I think he means the normal BLUE plugin menu will now show the task progress. He hasn't changed the function of BLUE in Live TV.
Forgot about that. :oops:

dRdoS7

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Jan 11, 2018 09:54

singlefished wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 01:39
@dRdoS7 how do you add the cutlist editor to media player blue button menu??? That's a great idea too :)

It's on the 'Movie List Actions' screen reached from live TV: MEDIA>>MENU>>Button settings...>>CH- 3 times (->4th page)>>Button Blue long

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Thu Jan 11, 2018 16:12

Paul_oz53 wrote:
A suggestion for the installer would be to also test for the existence of "Full Metal Jacket" before attempting the patch of that skin.
As has been mentioned, Full Metal Wizard is a default skin, so I assume it exists. I suppose the default skins could be removed, so perhaps I should test anyway. Since singlefished said he had no problems, I'm hoping this was just a quirk with your install. Did you uninstall the previous one first? Or remove its backup manually? That's all I can think of, since it was intended to detect the old backup and restore the original skin files, so this very thing wouldn't happen. :)
A second minor observation is an anomaly with the source file duration in minutes after an edit if the option to save a copy is selected.
That's what "[d]isplaying durations in the movie list will take the cuts into account" means - it shows the view time (if you have autoskips enabled, which is default), not the recorded time (which is still shown everywhere else).

singlefished wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 01:39
Here's something I did notice though.... Both times when I checked the cut after the processing the audio seemed to drop out/go funny just before the cut point and just after the cut the video looked like it was playing double speed for a second to catch up to the audio...
That seems to be an issue with the HD channels. It also happens if the cuts are just skipped, so it's not particular to executing. I'll be getting to it...

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Jan 11, 2018 17:15

adoxa wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 16:12
... I suppose the default skins could be removed ...

They can be, by using PLUGIN, RED Remove plugins, and opening skins list, and pressing OK on the skin to be removed.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Thu Jan 11, 2018 17:38

adoxa wrote:
That seems to be an issue with the HD channels. It also happens if the cuts are just skipped, so it's not particular to executing. I'll be getting to it...
Thanks @adoxa, I figured it may have been something along those lines.... definitely i see this as being in the "nice to have drawer" and nothing that would either increase/decrease usability of cutlist editor, could be a deep rabbit hole so please don't go wasting time for such a small tweak!

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 09:54
It's on the 'Movie List Actions' screen reached from live TV: MEDIA>>MENU>>Button settings...>>CH- 3 times (->4th page)>>Button Blue long
Excellent, thanks Geoff! Loads of things to play with in that menu..... customisation galore!

After setting this up I did sneakily hope that it would also add cutlist editor to the short blue button menu within media player.... Is that also possible? That would mean you could play movie, add marks for trimming and directly drop straight into the latest version of cutlist editor for trimming and subsequent execution without going back to the media list - Daisy chain it all together so to speak. Will worry about this later though, I'm chuffed with how it's all currently working :)

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Jan 11, 2018 17:44

singlefished wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 17:38
After setting this up I did sneakily hope that it would also add cutlist editor to the short blue button menu within media player.... Is that also possible?
Its right there in the same menu. All the colour buttons long and short presses can be customised.
I also have the editor as a short-BLUE and execute on long-BLUE.
(I also set short-YELLOW as Location and long-YELLOW as Home to make network navigation easier)

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Jan 11, 2018 17:53

MrQuade wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 17:44
singlefished wrote:
After setting this up I did sneakily hope that it would also add cutlist editor to the short blue button menu within media player.... Is that also possible?
Its right there in the same menu. All the colour buttons long and short presses can be customised.
I also have the editor as a short-BLUE and execute on long-BLUE.
(I also set short-YELLOW as Location and long-YELLOW as Home to make network navigation easier)
You missed:
singlefished wrote:
... you could play movie, add marks for trimming and directly drop straight into the latest version of cutlist editor for trimming and subsequent execution without going back to the media list ...
[my emphasis]

That's not possible. The coloured button bindings in the media selection list are not available while playing media. The actions on the coloured buttons while playing media are fixed.

On the other hand, it's a whole single button press to go back to the media list.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Jan 11, 2018 18:01

prl wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 17:53
That's not possible. The coloured button bindings in the media selection list are not available while playing media. The actions on the coloured buttons while playing media are fixed.

On the other hand, it's a whole single button press to go back to the media list.
Ahh yes, right you are. STOP->BLUE vs simply BLUE. Possibly an over-complication for small benefit?

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Thu Jan 11, 2018 18:16

Thanks for the responses everybody and apologies for all my curly questions..... I'm still on holidays and have too much time on my hands :) i don't mean to be a pain in the @rse!

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Jan 11, 2018 18:28

Not at all. Perfectly reasonable question, just not the answer that you wanted ;)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Thu Jan 11, 2018 19:58

The task version of execute cuts has been accepted by OE-Alliance, so it should be in the next beta.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 02:04

adoxa wrote:
Paul_oz53 wrote:
A suggestion for the installer would be to also test for the existence of "Full Metal Jacket" before attempting the patch of that skin.
As has been mentioned, Full Metal Wizard is a default skin, so I assume it exists. I suppose the default skins could be removed, so perhaps I should test anyway. Since singlefished said he had no problems, I'm hoping this was just a quirk with your install. Did you uninstall the previous one first? Or remove its backup manually? That's all I can think of, since it was intended to detect the old backup and restore the original skin files, so this very thing wouldn't happen. :)

Indeed, I think it is a quirk which I cannot explain.

If it had been the OverlayHD files that were affected it would be my fault because I tinkered a lot with the installation in that directory in earlier days. To save time in recovering from mistakes when I play with it, I set up the CutListEditor directory to a working state and then make a copy on the PC. Then I can rapidly reinstate it if I foul up with my tinkering. Essentially, I see that is what your script does in making and restoring a backup. But I haven't touched Full Metal Wizard at all so it still puzzles me why the failure occurred.

I studied the setup script before I ran it.

I noted the "cleanup" script tests for and then deletes the ui.pyo~ and keymap.xml~ files if they exist. The two files existed in the CutListEditor directory. Next, it extracts tar archives of the 20171230 version of the CutListEditor and, where relevant OverlayHD 1.64.

If no backup exists, it then creates the backups which are the 20171230 version of CutListEditor and (in my case) version 1.64 of OverlayHD. It then extracts the new version of CutListEditor.

Finally, it applies patches to the three skins. The oddity remains that it was the patch of the Full Metal Wizard skin.xml that failed. This should not have failed given the skin exists and I have never edited it. If others aren't seeing a problem then that is comforting from the perspective of the install. However, I can be sure that Full Metal Wizard skin.xml is now corrupt on my machine so I won't be trying it anytime soon. Since I don't use the skin, it is of no practical consequence. Also, I can easily fix it by copying the version from the T3 when I upgrade it (it's the poorer cousin these days since we only use it in the kitchen at dinner time to watch Home and Away - compulsory viewing in our kitchen!).

I only worry about this event from the perspective whether this failure indicates my download of 17.5 was corrupted in some way when I installed it. Everything else seems fine so I discounted that possibility. In fact, apart from prl's IMDB improvements which are on the way, I'm quite happy with the current state of the software. I think this will remain one of life's mysteries.
adoxa wrote:
A second minor observation is an anomaly with the source file duration in minutes after an edit if the option to save a copy is selected.
That's what "[d]isplaying durations in the movie list will take the cuts into account" means - it shows the view time (if you have autoskips enabled, which is default), not the recorded time (which is still shown everywhere else).
Aaah, I overlooked that autoskips will be on in the source file :oops: Obvious really.
Denon AVR -X2400H

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jan 12, 2018 06:10

adoxa wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 19:58
The task version of execute cuts has been accepted by OE-Alliance, so it should be in the next beta.

I wouldn't have expected that it would be in the next beta. It would be in the next beta if your changes had been accepted into the Beyonwiz repository.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri Jan 12, 2018 22:07

There are no plans to have any more big enigma2 merges from OpenViX for the 17.5 series. Additional releases in the 17.5 series will be to fix bugs and stabilise the firmware on all Beyonwiz platforms.

I have not decided when I will start development of 18.x series or which upstream I'll use. OpenViX would be the default choice, but OpenATV is also a contender for the enigma2 upstream. In terms of OE-A, it's probably going to be 4.2 or later.

Any improvements that go into the independent plugin repositories in OE-A 4.1 branch will either get automatically picked up with a new firmware build or require a merge from upstream, depending on the Bitbake recipe.

When these improvements will appear in Beyonwiz firmware depends on exactly where the changes have been accepted. Could be the next build, but it may be a year from now.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Ukind
Master

Post by Ukind » Wed Jan 17, 2018 09:41

I do use the cutlist editor quite a bit & have always hoped that an updated version would appear. It would be great if it could actually be frame accurate (I didn't think that it was possible) with slow motion forward or backwards commands. I do not know if this version is that accurate.

So will this end up making its way into official firmware? I am not familiar with the process of installing this. I know that you have to ssh etc but I have not done it before. Could someone possibly explain how to do the install preferably from a mac but if not from a windows machine?

I do see this a being an upgrade that is going to be valuable to lots of users which utilise this feature. Keep up the great work guys!

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:07

Frame accurate editing is possible in principle, but not the way that the cutlist editor operates at the moment. It's a lot more work to do frame accurate edits.

If you really want them, use a proper video editor with the capability.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:56

Ukind wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 09:41
I am not familiar with the process of installing this. I know that you have to ssh etc but I have not done it before. Could someone possibly explain how to do the install preferably from a mac but if not from a windows machine?
Hi Ukind, download the cuts.zip file from adoxas post on Wed Jan 10, 2018 (near top of this page). Unzip it to a USB stick, same one as you use for firmware updates is fine... Plug in the USB to the wiz and press on the remote "menu", navigate through "sources/files" and into the unzipped folder you created on the USB.... In there you will find a file called "setup.sh", run that then when complete you could either reboot or restart the GUI from the power button on remote.

You could probably also download, unzip and copy to the wiz HDD to install.... procedure to install is the same though. I do it on USB just incase I need to manually reinstall a firmware update ~ the cutlist files will need to be added again as they will be wiped and keeping on USB saves mucking around and downloading again.

Maybe you don't need to reboot or restart GUI but I would just to be safe and see it installed properly :)

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:05

You don't need to reboot; you do need to restart. You could also extract to your network and run from there (use a path without spaces, though).

Official inclusion is unlikely.

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 22:39

Hi,

I ended up with 2 recordings of a program on Sunday morning (AutoTimer created). I joined the 2 movies together, when I realised that the first part of the progam was at the end of the first file, and the end was at the start of the second. The files were joined (created a new file) OK.

I then ran Cutlist Editor on the joined file, as I moved down to edit the cuts, the T2 crashed. I tried a couple of times, same result. I did eventually ended up with a cut of the joined file. That file also will cause a crash when I use Cutlist Editor.

I removed the marks in the files (while playing them), for a second run, thinking that maybe it was those that caused the crash, but after doing a join, and then running CutList Editor, it too caused a crashed.
Crash Logs.zip
(142.46 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
I've just tried Cutlist Editor on the first file, and that caused a crash as well. Thought I should try the 2nd file, it too crashed.

Tried a different file, it crashed after a short time as well.
Crash Logs2.zip
(63.17 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
I'm running 17.5 20180216. Haven't had any previous problem with Cutlist editor.

Thanks,

dRdoS7
Last edited by dRdoS7 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Apr 04, 2018 23:19

dRdoS7 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 22:39
...I then ran Cutlist Editor on the joined file, as I moved down to edit the cuts, the T2 crashed. I tried a couple of times, same result. I did eventually ended up with a cut of the joined file. That file also will cause a crash when I use Cutlist Editor.

What happens if you run the plugin "reconstructapsc" on the recording "20180401 0347 - 9Gem - Edgar Wallace Mysteries_joined" (plugin is available in Plugins/extensions) -
or use the command line equivalent binary option if you're handy -
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/createapscfiles "/media/hdd/movie/Series/20180401 0347 - 9Gem - Edgar Wallace Mysteries_joined.ts"
- and then try cutting again?
Or failing that, can you rename the file "20180401 0347 - 9Gem - Edgar Wallace Mysteries_joined.ts.cuts" to something else and try again in case the joined cuts file is full of crud?

edit - fixed up path to recording

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 02:59

dRdoS7 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 22:39
Hi,

I ended up with 2 recordings of a program on Sunday morning (AutoTimer created). I joined the 2 movies together, when I realised that the first part of the progam was at the end of the first file, and the end was at the start of the second. The files were joined (created a new file) OK.

I then ran Cutlist Editor on the joined file, as I moved down to edit the cuts, the T2 crashed. I tried a couple of times, same result. I did eventually ended up with a cut of the joined file. That file also will cause a crash when I use Cutlist Editor.

I removed the marks in the files (while playing them), for a second run, thinking that maybe it was those that caused the crash, but after doing a join, and then running CutList Editor, it too caused a crashed.

Crash Logs.zip

I've just tried Cutlist Editor on the first file, and that caused a crash as well. Thought I should try the 2nd file, it too crashed.

Tried a different file, it crashed after a short time as well.

Crash Logs2.zip

I'm running 17.5 20180216. Haven't had any previous problem with Cutlist editor.

Thanks,

dRdoS7
Does it work OK with other source programs? I ask because have seen this particular crash ("An integer is required" in InfoBarGenerics.py) more than once but not very often. Usually, I have found when the crash problem that arises with Adoxa's version is when keymap.xml, in particular, gets overwritten by an online update. Normally, in the first use after an online update. The cause of this is me not uninstalling it before the update and reinstalling later.

Traditionally, I did a cut and paste using Windows Explorer but today I have written (plagiarised) a small setup script which I run after online updates to quickly replace the updated CutListEditor with Adoxa's version to overcome this particular issue. As Overlay HD 1.64 is not affected by the simpler online updates, the script is simplified to not undo and redo the skin patches in the full version.

P.
Denon AVR -X2400H

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 09:01

Hi,

This morning, I removed the Cutlist Editor patch, and rebooted. As soon as I entered Media the T2 crashed. Rebooted, entered Media, again crashed.

I removed the Movie Marking patch, rebooted, entered Media, and no crash. Ran CutList Editor (original - unpatched) on several files (the ones that crashed previously), no crashes.

I installed the Cutlist Editor patch, restarted, ran it on the same files, and it didn't crash.

I installed Movie Marking patch, restarted, ran Cutlist Editor, and still not crashing.

The MM patch initially installed was a previous version, as I hadn't updated to the latest. I had named them after downloading, this was v2, the current is named v3. MM has been working OK, and it only (as it appears to me) caused a crash after removing CLE patch.

Crash Logs3.zip
(115.83 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Thanks,

dRdoS7

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Apr 05, 2018 09:03

I've had a look at the crash logs that dRdoS7 posted. All but one of them show the crash happening at line 255 of Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py,
which in the unmodified version of that file is:

Code: Select all

print "KEY:", key, KEYFLAGS[flag], self.invKeyIds.get(key, ""), getKeyDescription(key)
I think the only place in that that could be getting a TypeError: an integer is required exception is KEYFLAGS[flag] where flag isn't an integer.

However, the call information in the log:
[ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method InfoBar.actionA of <class 'Screens.InfoBar.InfoBar'>>,(108, 1)) failed)
seems to be indicating that InfoBar.actionA(self, key, flag) is being called with flags as an integer (1).

The other problem I have is that the cuts.zip file contains a replacement Screens/InfoBarGenerics.pyo, and I have no idea where the source for that is, so it's quite possible that the crash is actually being caused in some other line in actionA().

One other crash is the same error occurring in line 167 of Screens/Screen.py. That file doesn't appear to be modified in cuts.zip, but the crash line is:

Code: Select all

for x in self.onHide:
which doesn't really seem to have any opportunity to raise a TypeError: an integer is required exception.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:48

I think the initial crashes were caused by missing elements in OverlayHD - when you reinstalled they were added. I don't know why removing CLE caused MM to crash, as they have no files in common (other than the keymap). I'll have to update this soon, too, to add the trickplay fix.

@prl: Source is on Bitbucket.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:51

adoxa wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:48
I think the initial crashes were caused by missing elements in OverlayHD - when you reinstalled they were added. I don't know why removing CLE caused MM to crash, as they have no files in common (other than the keymap). I'll have to update this soon, too, to add the trickplay fix.

Yes, this is very consistent with my experience.

You may recall that you and IanSav combined to adapt your CLE enhancements to Overlay HD 1.64 for me. That works absolutely splendidly for me.

The common element is the modified version of keymap.xml is nuked, along with ui.pyo everytime I do an online update. Causes a crash if I forget to restore the CutListEditor folder contents back to your version. The Overlay HD patch is not affected so I only need to restore CLE.

I wondered if the Trickplay patch affected CLE - haven't tried CLE with the Trickplay patch. Can't access the TV at the moment - SWMBO is watching the Commonwealth Games...
Denon AVR -X2400H

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:51
I wondered if the Trickplay patch affected CLE - haven't tried CLE with the Trickplay patch.
It should work, as long as you don't use long PLAY/absolute seek.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:36

adoxa wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:48
I looked in your Bitbicket before I posted.

The bits that I wanted to look at - the changes to Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py that are included in cuts.zip - aren't in that branch.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Thu Apr 05, 2018 13:02

Ah, sorry. IIRC I didn't want some changes I made to be pulled, so I held back the push. Since it doesn't look it's going to be merged, it doesn't matter now. BTW, I'm working (well, I was!) on another PTS discontinuity method, there's a flaw in this one (using the two previous points) - a recording of Death in Paradise had a 40 minute jump.

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Sat Apr 07, 2018 19:09

Hi Adoxa,

How are you mate? I just installed a new update from the beta feed (after uninstall cuts & InfoBar as usual) and when I tried to reinstall cuts after the beta update I got the following crash I've not experienced before:

(10 page scroll to the bottom)

Here's the beta version number:

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 07, 2018 19:14

There have been recent changes to the built-in skin files and the patches to them that are applied by cuts.zip clearly can no longer find where they are supposed to be applied. They're the error screens you're seeing (the "HUNK N Failed ..." messages are clear indicators of this).

There are some more changes to the skin files in the pipeline.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Sat Apr 07, 2018 21:45

Thanks prl,

maybe it's easier for Adoxa to wait until all the skin changes are complete in that case and catch all the revisions at the same time???

This leads to another question.... will the cutlisteditor patches make their way into the proper build at any time or can they only be implemented with a separate install on their own???

I'm used to the "uninstall patches ~ beta feed update ~ reinstall patches" process with all the regular updates we get but it would be great to see them incorporated into the main download at some point.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 07, 2018 23:10

singlefished wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 21:45
maybe it's easier for Adoxa to wait until all the skin changes are complete in that case and catch all the revisions at the same time???

My suggestion would be to backup/replace skin files in patches rather than trying to use patch to backup/modify. That would avoid this problem.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Sun Apr 08, 2018 00:13

I might replace the skin files for the next release (to avoid having separate versions), but I would still prefer to patch (to preserve customisations).

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 01:45

adoxa wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 00:13
I might replace the skin files for the next release (to avoid having separate versions), but I would still prefer to patch (to preserve customisations).
I have CLE working fine on the T4 (17.5 20180403) but on the U4 (17.5 20180406), none of the long press coloured button functions are available to me. Is this normal because of the way Trickplay(?) has been adopted in the official release.

I ask because the T4 is running the Trickplay patch so I would expect both units to be the same.
Last edited by Paul_oz53 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
Denon AVR -X2400H

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Sun Apr 08, 2018 16:54

singlefished wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 19:09
[...] I tried to reinstall cuts after the beta update I got the following crash [...]
Here are the updated patches for '406 - overwrite the old ones with these.
cuts-skin.zip
(3.1 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 01:45
I have CLE working fine on the T4 (17.5 20180403) but on the U4 (17.5 20180406), none of the long press coloured button functions are available to me. Is this normal because of the way Trickplay(?) has been adopted in the official release.
Using CLE will undo the trickplay and subtitle fixes (it's the same file that implements absolute seek) . I don't know why the long press buttons won't work. Could you send a log?

Return to “Plugins”