Dreamplex setup

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Burnsy
Apprentice

Dreamplex setup

Post by Burnsy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 16:58

Having a bit of trouble setting up the Dreamplex plugin on my T4. I have the Plex server setup and the T4 can see it but I'm a bit unsure how to have it point to the media files on the server. Do I point it to the relevant folder on the server through the path settings section on the settings screen or am I missing something else. When I select any of the movies or music folders it just comes back with "no data" and if I try and sync it says error, out of range.

Thanks in advance.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Dreamplex setup

Post by MrQuade » Tue Nov 08, 2016 17:25

Burnsy wrote:Having a bit of trouble setting up the Dreamplex plugin on my T4. I have the Plex server setup and the T4 can see it but I'm a bit unsure how to have it point to the media files on the server. Do I point it to the relevant folder on the server through the path settings section on the settings screen or am I missing something else. When I select any of the movies or music folders it just comes back with "no data" and if I try and sync it says error, out of range.
The Dreamplex plugin will just list the media files that the server already has in its library(s).

Are you asking how to point your Plex server to your media files? That could depend heavily on what type of Plex server you have set up. What OS is it running on?

For example, I run Plex server on a CentOS 6.x VM, so I need to manually create a mount point from my Plex server box to my NAS where all of my media is stored. Once that is done, I need to create a "Movies" library in the Plex server and then point that library at the mount point that I created.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Burnsy
Apprentice

Post by Burnsy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 18:44

The Dreamplex plugin will just list the media files that the server already has in its library(s).

Are you asking how to point your Plex server to your media files? That could depend heavily on what type of Plex server you have set up. What OS is it running on?

For example, I run Plex server on a CentOS 6.x VM, so I need to manually create a mount point from my Plex server box to my NAS where all of my media is stored. Once that is done, I need to create a "Movies" library in the Plex server and then point that library at the mount point that I created.
Thanks for the reply Mr Quade. I have the Plex server up and running well and have it loaded with all my media files with metadata etc. It's running on Windows 10 BTW.

My issue is that the T4 can see the server but won't list any of the files on it. So if I understand correctly, I need to point the library on the server to a previously created mount point created on the T4?

Cheers.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Nov 08, 2016 19:18

Burnsy wrote: My issue is that the T4 can see the server but won't list any of the files on it. So if I understand correctly, I need to point the library on the server to a previously created mount point created on the T4?
No, the content is all delivered by the server automatically if the client is configured to talk to it properly.

You may need to ensure that you have provided your login credentials in the server setup on the T4. Recent versions of the server require clients to log in.

Once that is done, you should just need to click on your "Server" entry and all your Plex Server libraries will appear.

Burnsy
Apprentice

Post by Burnsy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 19:59

Cheers for that Mr Quade. I'll give it a go soon. I've noticed that the server is still updating metadata in the library so maybe that is preventing access. Once it's done I'll check again with your suggestions. I really appreciate your help. I want to make this work.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Nov 08, 2016 20:08

Unfortunately, in the latest alpha and soon to be beta firmware, the Dreamplex plugin does not work properly.

It doesn't appear to be the fault of the firmware itself though, rather something the plugin author will have to fix. Though since the plugin has not seen much development recently, that might not happen.

Just a heads up to perhaps not get too attached.....

Rattus
Apprentice

Post by Rattus » Tue Feb 21, 2017 08:16

Edit - FIXED - due to an update to Plex I found I had to enter my Plex login details in the Dreamplex plugin, not sure how I was supposed to notice this without hours of searching, there should have been a large notification on my Plex page on my PC IMO.

This is the issue I was having.
I have just started running into issues with this, previously had no trouble running Dreamplex on my T4

Now I get "No Data" and "Plexserver seems to be offline" errors, I have wasted a couple of hours troubleshooting already :(

I have set the T4 IP in the "List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth" on the Plex server and tried numerous settings on the T4 and Dreamplex plugin. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Dreamplex plug in.

Is this plugin broken? if so is there any way I can install an old version that worked? do these plugins auto update? I'm wondering why mine stopped working all of a sudden.
Last edited by Rattus on Tue Feb 21, 2017 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Feb 21, 2017 08:25

Have you recently updated your Plex server?

As-per e above, recent versions of the server now require you to have all of your clients log in to your Plex account. You can no longer just point any old Plex client at the server without first logging in on the client.

Rattus
Apprentice

Post by Rattus » Tue Feb 21, 2017 08:43

Thanks MrQuade, I found where you had discussed this in another thread about Dreamplex and Music and fixed it before I saw your reply here.

Glad to be up and running again :) although that is a couple of hours I will never regain, **(%ing hate networking issues.

Return to “Plugins”