Trying to get access to my V2 on PC & Tablet etc

Moderators: Gully, peteru

The Old Man
Master

Trying to get access to my V2 on PC & Tablet etc

Post by The Old Man » Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:57

I used to be able to see all of my V2 recordings but many things around house & router have chaned and I haven't been able to get it up and running again.

I go to my V2 info data page and note my network number 192.1.  ect.

I then go and try to enter the same number into my Samsung tablet and the PC and I am told that is wrong or doesn't exist and even that the number is unknown and possible dangerous.

How do I fix this?

dRdoS7
Wizard

Re: Trying to get access to my V2 on PC & Tablet etc

Post by dRdoS7 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 19:21

Hi,
The Old Man wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:57
I used to be able to see all of my V2 recordings but many things around house & router have chaned and I haven't been able to get it up and running again.

I go to my V2 info data page and note my network number 192.1.  ect.

I then go and try to enter the same number into my Samsung tablet and the PC and I am told that is wrong or doesn't exist and even that the number is unknown and possible dangerous.

How do I fix this?
You could try using the name of the V2 instead of IP. When I type the IP of my BW in the address bar of Firefox, it usually results in a search. If I type in the name, OpenWebif comes up. Have you tried the BW app, that can usually find the BW. Are you using Windows on the PC? Are you trying to "Map Network Drive" the V2? Is the V2's IP the same as it was before? If not you may have the wrong IP where you share it on the V2. On any Android device I use ES or CX File Explorer to access files for watching.

Hope that is of some help.

dRdoS7

Return to “Networking”