No networking settings everything has gone.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Videonut
Master

No networking settings everything has gone.

Post by Videonut » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:34

I have been having problem with network for a few days but now it's worse.
Today I got the attached message. I have looked at setup networking but don't know where to start.

I have tried a few things there but gave up because I might make things worse and as you know my network at home is working. I can't even get my OpenWebif work on my tablet.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
20220804_101419-01.jpeg
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: No networking settings everything has gone.

Post by MrQuade » Thu Aug 04, 2022 14:49

Videonut wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:34
I have been having problem with network for a few days but now it's worse.
Today I got the attached message. I have looked at setup networking but don't know where to start.

I have tried a few things there but gave up because I might make things worse and as you know my network at home is working. I can't even get my OpenWebif work on my tablet.
I get this on my V2 and U4 when they can't get an IP address before the GUI starts up.

Try this.
Go into the Network settings and restart the Wiz's network interface MENU->Setup->Network->Network restart

See if you can perform a network scan after that.
If you can, then it means you likely have the same issue I do (slow DHCP response), and I haven't discovered a useful solution for this.

If that doesn't work, then it means that there is something a little more complicated happening to cause your Wiz to not get a proper IP address.

What was the "network problem" you were having, and how did you resolve it? That might provide a hint as to what is happening.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Thu Aug 04, 2022 15:35

I did a restart but this didn't help.

It tells me no network devices found.

Network test says local network disconnected, and that both my IP address and Nameserver are unconfirmed.

On LAN connection page all current settings say N/A.

I have a cat cable running from PC to the V2 so I have sèen other devices having choice of internet or Ethernet connection. I have copied programs from V2 to PC this way but it has never done so in reverse.

I do know what my old connect number was but even that no longer appears on my tablet.

Could any of my old settings been saved and if so where do I find and use them.

I guess that what really is needed for someone who knows what there doing to fix it but the company seems to no longer have any employees.

I don't know anyone that has a pvr or even heard of what brands are sold.
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Aug 04, 2022 16:16

Videonut wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 15:35
It tells me no network devices found.

Network test says local network disconnected, and that both my IP address and Nameserver are unconfirmed.

On LAN connection page all current settings say N/A.

I have a cat cable running from PC to the V2 so I have sèen other devices having choice of internet or Ethernet connection. I have copied programs from V2 to PC this way but it has never done so in reverse.
Do you *actually* have a network cable running from your PC to your V2?

Or is the network cable running from the V2 to your router? Or from the V2 to an Ethernet switch which is in-turn connected to your router?

If the V2 is connected directly to your PC using a network cable, then the V2 will not be able to see your Internet router, and will not be able to obtain an address automatically.
If you are using this type of direct connection, then you need to manually set up an IP address in both the PC and the V2 in order for them to be able to communicate with eachother. Even in that arrangement, you will probably still have trouble resolving their network names, as the little point to point network will be lacking a DNS server.

If the V2 is instead connected to your router and/or an Ethernet switch, and given that the V2 is saying "network disconnected", then I suspect that there is a physical connection problem in your network. Either the cable has failed, or the port on the V2 and/or router/switch has failed.
Check for a lit up LED/light on the router or switch, where the V2 plugs in. If the LED is off, then the physically connection is not working.
You can try plugging the V2 into a different port on the router/switch.
You could also try temporarily moving the V2 near the PC and router, and plugging it in with a short patch lead to see if that brings up the network link light.

There have been some pretty severe storms in Perth of the last couple of days, but not much lightning in my location. If you have had a bit of lightning or significant power outages, then the V2 or your network equipment, might have been damaged, or the V2's configuration could have been corrupted.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Fri Aug 05, 2022 17:50

I finally have had the time to check out the things you asked about and I have found out a couple of things that I can't explain.

The cat cable runs from my PC directly to the router set behind the TV. Upon inspection I was surprise to see that the cable had dropped out of the slot and that the clip was broken off. Luckily I had a spare cable and once it was installed I found that I the V2 had regained its connection to the internet.

While looking at the V2's connections I noticed that the main TV antenna connection was almost completely severed. I will have to wait until tomorrow to get a replacement one as I had given my spare ones away. I hope that this almost dead TV connector was the cause of the poor reception I was getting from Netflix ,iView & SBS on demand Hopefully it might also help out with getting mirroring working properly which has always been very hit & miss.

I'm astonished that 2 vital connectors could both been damaged and the only explanation I can possible think of is that something like the last person who used the vacuum cleaner went under the TV and hit the wires. (this would have been done by outside help).

This still leaves be with the getting Networking properly set up so that I can see and play things that are on the PC. At least OpenWebIf is again working on my tablet & PC.

Again thanks for all the help

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Aug 06, 2022 13:15

Videonut wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 17:50
hope that this almost dead TV connector was the cause of the poor reception I was getting from Netflix ,iView & SBS on demand

That seems unlikely, since networking shouldn't be affected by poor antenna connections at all. Those are all networked services, not delivered over the antenna connector.

Fixing the antenna cable might improve reception of FTA channels.

I also don't understand how the network cable for the PC falling out of the router affected the networking on the V2.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Networking”