Two T2s Sharing Content?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

SomebodyElse
Guru

Two T2s Sharing Content?

Post by SomebodyElse » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:15

I have two T2s and in the past they have happily shared each other's recordings. I had not done so in quite a while, but went to watch something on the alternate box and got the dreaded "Directory xyz does not exist".

I upgraded to 19.3 but unfortunately no change.

I am pretty confident that the content is shared OK, as I can access each T2 from both Windows and Mac machines without a problem. So I guess is the issue is more about the T2 that's trying to access the remote one.

When trying to browse the network each one finds the alternate box no worries. I have edited the mount options because I read somewhere to remove the vers=2.1 as that can cause issues. When I look at it in the Mount Viewer it all looks OK.

I can't see anything that I can change that would address this. I can't find a thread in here that discusses this. Appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Two T2s Sharing Content?

Post by prl » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:39

Have the IP addresses of the T2s changed in the meantime? Compare the IP address in the configuration page for a network mount with ythe IP address in the Network information screen on the device that's supposed to be being mounted. If they are different, delete the mount and create it again.

If that was the problem, try to configure your network router so that the DHCP addresses for the two T2 are fixed. That will stop the problem re-occurring.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:43

If prl's advice doesn't work try changing AUTOFS to FSTAB in the Mount manager for each machine. It shouldn't be necessary but some of us have had this problem which is addressed by this change.

However, note that if you use FSTAB you may need to restart your network periodically to maintain the connection when units are placed in deep standby or switched off.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

SomebodyElse
Guru

Post by SomebodyElse » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:48

Thanks Peter, I do use address reservation, so the IPs are effectively fixed. As part of the 19.3 upgrade I allowed them both to wipe everything and configured from scratch to ensure there was not something bogus carried over. Definitely the IPs matched.

Thanks Paul, switching to FSTAB sorted it. Still not sure what might have changed on my end to break AUTOFS function, but these units can be a bit quirky!

Appreciate the quick and helpful responses.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:30

SomebodyElse wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:15
I have two T2s and in the past they have happily shared each other's recordings. I had not done so in quite a while, but went to watch something on the alternate box and got the dreaded "Directory xyz does not exist".
I am pretty confident that the content is shared OK, as I can access each T2 from both Windows and Mac machines without a problem. So I guess is the issue is more about the T2 that's trying to access the remote one. ...
Something to try the next time this happens.

Try a USB update with backup & restore settings on the SERVER beyonwiz (not required on the CLIENT beyonwiz). The USB update can be the same version the wiz is currently running, it doesn’t have to be a later version.

I’ve had this happen a couple of times, the last time this happened to our U4s was immediately after an on-line beta update.

This problem appears to have crept in for me over the last 9 months or so.
Dennis
U4, Bluey USB tuner, WizTV > Yamaha RX-V3900 > Sony KDL46X2000 TV ||
U4, Bluey USB tuner > Sony KD-43X85J TV > Yamaha YAS-209 || FTA EPG ||
Harmony 650s || (U4s on 19.3.20200901 & T2 on 19.3.20200823) ||
Technicolor DJA0230TLS modem/router, Ethernet LAN, Win10 Home 64 ||

Return to “Networking”