Video: How to Install IceTV Plugin

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Wiz HQ
Site Admin

Video: How to Install IceTV Plugin

Post by Wiz HQ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 13:52

Here is how you install the IceTV plugin using the new firmware.

Regards,

Wiz HQ
Forum Admin

doodlebug73
Apprentice

Re: Video: How to Install IceTV Plugin

Post by doodlebug73 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 19:00

Done all firmwire upgrades, front panel upgrades and latest bootloader but when I go into install ICE TV I have no list to install it from?
Watched the video at the 21 second mark I do not get those options just blank screen
Any Ideas

FIXED turned up on 10 th time I tried ????

pandrew3
Apprentice

Post by pandrew3 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 17:37

I have done every thing in the video and also another popup screen where I had to activate IceTV. When I press the EPG button I get the IceTV EPG and I can click on a TV show and set a timer to record it. I can even set an auto-timer. But when I log into IceTV with my PC and select TV programs they do not record on the T3. This worked fine on the P2 that died after 5 years. So it would appear that I have a problem getting the T3 and IceTV to work together. I have gone into IceTV and changed My Recorder and checked to make sure that what I have called the T3 and the name I used in the IceTV My Recorder when accessing from my PC are the same. I am obviously missing a checkbox somewhere. The T3 records to a NAS. All the timers I have set using the T3 and the T3 remote are on the NAS. What am I missing?
2 very nasty blue cattle dogs as security b/u

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Dec 10, 2016 17:46

pandrew3 wrote: I have gone into IceTV and changed My Recorder and checked to make sure that what I have called the T3 and the name I used in the IceTV My Recorder when accessing from my PC are the same. I am obviously missing a checkbox somewhere.
Set a regular "non-autotimer" timer on the T3, then log onto the IceTV sir and check that the timer is now set successfully on the Ice servers. This will verify that the recorder on the Ice servers matches your T3.

Just make sure that there are no duplicate recorders in your Ice account.

The most common mistake that people make is that they make a recorder manually on the IceTV web site. The proper way is to make sure the T3 creates is own device via the T3 setup wizard. You can then log onto the IceTV web site and use the automatically created recorder.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Sat Dec 10, 2016 22:08

Autotimers and IceTV are mutually exclusive. IceTV is not allowed to touch (or even know about) autotimers.

That's because IceTV is more or less "server based" autotimers. Both IceTV and autotimers are just methods for creating and modifying ordinary timers for individual events.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Sat Dec 10, 2016 22:14

By the way, this video will become out of date with the 16.1 series firmware.

The firmware will come with the plugin pre-installed, so you will not need to download it or reboot. The updated IceTV plugin is less "in your face" and it will not force you to choose an EPG provider. Instead you will need to go to the plugin menu, select the IceTV plugin and use the setup wizard to configure the plugin. There are also menu options to enable/disable the IceTV plugin.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:07

The new version of the IceTV plugin also won't mess with your padding or media browser layout settings.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

pandrew3
Apprentice

Post by pandrew3 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:18

MrQuade wrote:
pandrew3 wrote: The most common mistake that people make is that they make a recorder manually on the IceTV web site. The proper way is to make sure the T3 creates is own device via the T3 setup wizard. You can then log onto the IceTV web site and use the automatically created recorder.
OK, that appear to be what I have done. So do I have to go back to "factory settings" and start again? I have deleted the device on the web site and restarted the T3 and ran through the IceTV wizard and nothing happens on the IceTV web site. The My Device remains empty.
2 very nasty blue cattle dogs as security b/u

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:33

pandrew3 wrote: OK, that appear to be what I have done. So do I have to go back to "factory settings" and start again? I have deleted the device on the web site and restarted the T3 and ran through the IceTV wizard and nothing happens on the IceTV web site. The My Device remains empty.
The T3 shouldn't be able to authenticate with the Ice servers unless there is a recorder account there for it (AFAIK). If the Wizard has completed successfully, there should be a matching recorder in your account.

If there isn't I'm not sure how it has gone wrong.

What does the IceTV plugin log say after you try to manually refresh the EPG and timers?
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “FAQs, Tips & How to Guides”