Stop Instant Recording Bug ?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Meme
On probation

Stop Instant Recording Bug ?

Post by Meme » Sat Sep 23, 2023 19:37

Hi All :) , new to this forum and new to using a T4, can anyone confirm this occurs on other systems ?
I start an instant recording via the RED button, all OK.
I stop an instant recording via the red button, then select stop or change active recording, all OK
The colored buttons appear on screen and the YELLOW button is to STOP recording, when the yellow button in pressed the screen stays with the text on the buttons disappears, all indication shows the recording stopped when you press the YELLOW button but this is not true until you press EXIT to leave the screen.

This is the same with firmware V17.5 and V19.3, it is the same when using the remote or OpenWebif.
Thank you for any feedback.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Re: Stop Instant Recording Bug ?

Post by peteru » Sun Sep 24, 2023 03:54

You'll find that most users would use the REC button for these tasks, rather than the coloured buttons. If there is a bug related to this particular usage pattern, no one has been bothered by it for many years.

The T4 has been out of production for many, many years. In fact it has been several years since any new Beyonwiz models were released. The last official firmware was released about two years ago and as of Jan 2022 the firmware is not going to see any updates other than picon changes. The domain name registration for the pre-configured firmware feed at beyonwiz.org has expired and has been taken over by cybersquatters. Even if there were fixes available, there is no convenient way to push them out to users.

Why am I telling you all these things? It's because your best bet is to change your usage patterns so that you don't run into (obscure) bugs. Whatever bugs you find are unlikely to be fixed. Even if someone contributes patches to fix issues and even if I did end up producing a new firmware image, there is no convenient way to distribute the updated packages to users.

However, the last official firmware has been eminently usable and stable for most people for years now. My T4 has an uptime of 321 days and has been reliable all this time. The only reason the uptime is so short is because we had a scheduled power shutdown when our electricity meter was replaced.

If you don't stray off the beaten path, you should be OK.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Meme
On probation

Re: Stop Instant Recording Bug ?

Post by Meme » Sun Sep 24, 2023 07:05

Thank your very much for your advice,

Return to “FAQs, Tips & How to Guides”