How to reorder EPG list please?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Pearce
Master

How to reorder EPG list please?

Post by Pearce » Sat Jul 10, 2021 08:16

I had to re scan all channels as due to changes in WIN Channel 10 I lost all reception in 4740 Mackay

However my EPG list is now a mess I would cope if I just had them reordered in channel numbers

I have searched the forums and ended confused and as for the term "bouquets" not meaningful in my world and I come from the home of many dictionaries, Oxford. Could i easily make a EPG list, that would be my default, of just the channels I need such as ABC HD and not other ABC etc.

Feeling thick but not defeated Michael

peterP
On probation

Re: How to reorder EPG list please?

Post by peterP » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:17

I too have the same problem with my V2 (and T2). However the problem became evident for me when I deleted the unwanted channels (the shopping channels) from the channel list. For some reason the channels that are numerically higher than the deleted channel are renumbered from the deleted channel(s).
For example, if I deleted the TVSN channel, then all the channels that are numerically higher, get renumbered in that group from the TVSN number, and all I wanted was to remove TVSN!
I haven't yet found out how to change the channel numbers back, except to reset to factory settings, then rescan the channels for my area... then the chopping channels come back.
Hmmmm....

Pete

exitguy
Master

Post by exitguy » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:31

How to Enable Favourites ...
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7821

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:38

A bouquet is just a "bunch of services/channels" - a services or channels list. There are 3 system bouquets - Last Scanned, Terrestrial TV LCN, and Favourites.
You may currently be using the Last Scanned bouquet because that's what the system default to after a services scan.
To switch back to using Favourites - from live TV, press the FAV button to bring up the "channel list", then uses CH+/- (channel up/down) to cycle through the bouquets until you get to Favourites, then select a service from this list and press OK. The chosen service will display and also now set Favourites as the default bouquet. If you bring up the EPG you should now be showing the guide from that "bunch of services" bouquet.

To swap bouquets from within the EPG, press PREV and NEXT in a similar fashion to CH+/- from the channel list.

If you need to make changes to the contents of the Favourites bouquet, see this FAQ (don't worry that it states T3, it's the same for all models) - "FAQ: Creating, managing and using Favourites lists"

Pearce
Master

Post by Pearce » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:43

Thanks and YES it is showing in EPG as last scanned and I want to show terrestrial as default to keep me going before i attempt favourites

If i follow your instructions will I end up with terrestrial as being the default rather than having to change it every time please?

Thanks again Michael

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:02

Pearce wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:43
If i follow your instructions will I end up with terrestrial as being the default rather than having to change it every time please?
Your last-used bouquet will remain the default bouquet.

As long as you open the bouquet list, select your preferred bouquet and then zap to a service in that bouquet, then it will be your default from then on.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Pearce
Master

Post by Pearce » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:22

Thank you very much
I have got back to where i was listing terrestrial Maybe later i will try and put together a favorites list

I would never have got there just using logic

Cheers Michael

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:30

Pearce wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:22
I would never have got there just using logic

Remember to use the HELP button.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:18

peterP wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:17
For example, if I deleted the TVSN channel, then all the channels that are numerically higher, get renumbered in that group from the TVSN number, and all I wanted was to remove TVSN!
I haven't yet found out how to change the channel numbers back, except to reset to factory settings, then rescan the channels for my area... then the chopping channels come back.
Hmmmm....

You can restore the system-created bouquets (lists of channels), Terrestrial TV LCN & Last Scanned, to their original states simply by doing a re-scan. You don't need to do a factory reset before the scan and lose all your other settings.

As has been mentioned in other posts here, you're generally better off creating your own bouquet (for example, in the system-created, but by default, empty) Favourites, containing only the channels that you're interested in. Doing it that way means that you won't have to re-do all your changes each time you do a scan, though sometimes changes in the channels scanned may mean that you still need to make small changes in your Favourites, for example if a broadcaster adds or removes a channel from their lineup.

It's possible to remove channels from Terrestrial TV LCN and preserve the LCN (channel number) numbering, but it needs to be done in your computer's browser via the BouquetEditor in the Open Webif interface to the Beyonwiz. Doing it that way will also reveal how the LCN numbering is done in Terrestrial TV LCN: the numbering of entries in the bouquets is simply sequential, but undisplayed spacer entries are used to pad out the list so that the numbering appears to be that of the channels' LCNs. One drawback of this scheme is that the channels in the list must be in LCN order. You can't, for example, have 3, 30, 31, ... 2, 20, 21,... (SBS then ABC). You can't even have 2, 20, 21, ... 3, 30, 31 (all broadcasters' channels together, but ordered by the LCN of their "main:" channels).

To keep the LCN numbering in Terrestrial TV LCN, you need to add a Spacer in place of every channel you remove.

If you want LCN numbering in a bouquet you create yourself, you need to add enough spacers between the real channels to move them so that their position number corresponds to their LCN. It's messy to do this, and few people bother. I certainly don't, partly because I can't be bothered leatrning the numbers for all the channels, especially when they change every now and then, as they just did for WIN and SCA channels in regional areas.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “FAQs, Tips & How to Guides”