Taking video files from V2 for editing and paste them back when done.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Videonut
Master

Taking video files from V2 for editing and paste them back when done.

Post by Videonut » Mon Dec 07, 2020 17:41

I have upgraded my T2 to a V2 and am having some problem with resetting up my Network. I have a Cat cable running from front room connected to my PC in another. With my old T2 I was easily able to copy a recording from the T2 to PC,edit if I wanted and could just paste it back into it's original folder. I could do much the same thing using Zilefilla.

On the V2 using OpenWibIf on PC I can still download a file from the V2 but it now takes more then 5 times as long. I can't paste it back onto the V2 either way at all.

I notice that I have the MiniDLNA Server on my PC and can see my recordings in the video folder. Again I can take these files of on the PC but can't paste any files back into this folder.

Any ideas as to how to proceed starting where?
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Taking video files from V2 for editing and paste them back when done.

Post by MrQuade » Mon Dec 07, 2020 17:53

Videonut wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 17:41
I have upgraded my T2 to a V2 and am having some problem with resetting up my Network. I have a Cat cable running from front room connected to my PC in another. With my old T2 I was easily able to copy a recording from the T2 to PC,edit if I wanted and could just paste it back into it's original folder. I could do much the same thing using Zilefilla.
Any ideas as to how to proceed starting where?
You can do it exactly the same way with the V2. You don't need to use DLNA, or the web interface.

The difference between the T2 and V2, is that your recording drive may not always be called "HDD", depending if you use a SD card, and how many USB drives you have plugged in. By default, the V2 only shares out the "movies" directory on what it has identified and labelled as the "HDD" (obviously having multiple storage options makes determination of what the HDD is variable).

Grumpy Geoff posted a little script that can be run which will force the V2 to share out the "movies" directory for many USB drives. This will allow you to access movies no matter which drive they are on.
See here:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=13725&p=182869#p182869

Filezilla shouldn't be any different than when accessing the T2.
Did you remember to set up a Network password so that Filezilla can connect to the V2? (username = "root", password = <your password>_
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Tue Dec 08, 2020 13:36

I surprised by last posting, since it says that it depends upon how many drives I have plugged in,and that the SD slot can be used for recording.

I have a 1TB USB Passport drive plugged into the USB port and nothing into SD slot. I'm aware that B/W sells USB hub for expansion but I might already have something that could be used. I have mbeat mini HDMI switch which might be the sort of thing I could use providing I can find the 5V power supply & remote,both of which are missing. I'm not even certain that it's USB3.

Are you suggesting that I can record directly onto the SD card? If so I have a spare 128GB Micro SD card & adapter. I'm surprised that this could read/write fast enough to be used.

I also have an additional Passport drive that would be nice to use if I can connect it as well to the V2?

I also bought from B/W a mini tuner buy by mistake. Can this be used perhaps on a PC to record there should the need arise?

Sorry for so many questions?
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Dec 08, 2020 14:09

Videonut wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 13:36
I have a 1TB USB Passport drive plugged into the USB port and nothing into SD slot. I'm aware that B/W sells USB hub for expansion but I might already have something that could be used. I have mbeat mini HDMI switch which might be the sort of thing I could use providing I can find the 5V power supply & remote,both of which are missing. I'm not even certain that it's USB3.
If you only have a single USB drive plugged in, then there should be nothing stopping you from accessing the drive via windows Explorer like you had been doing with the T2 then. Grumpy Geoff's script is only useful for when you have additional USB drives that aren't mounted as "HDD".
Videonut wrote:
Are you suggesting that I can record directly onto the SD card? If so I have a spare 128GB Micro SD card & adapter. I'm surprised that this could read/write fast enough to be used.
They can be used, but my own recommendation is that they will need to be U3 speed rated. U1 is sufficient, but more headroom is recommended.
Also, using a "high endurance" model would also help with longevity.
Videonut wrote:
I also bought from B/W a mini tuner buy by mistake. Can this be used perhaps on a PC to record there should the need arise?
The V2 can take up to two external tuners to provide a total of 4 tuners (2 internal 2 external). The V2 will take those two external tuners either as two separate USB modules, or as a single "dual tuner" USB module.

Obviously you will run out of USB ports quickly this way, so that's where a hub is handy.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Gully

Post by Gully » Tue Dec 08, 2020 15:52

Videonut wrote:
Not sure if that is a typo but if it is really a HDMI switch then it won't be USB3 (or USB2 for that matter)!
Cheers
Gully

Return to “FAQs, Tips & How to Guides”