T2 upgrade to V2

Moderators: Gully, peteru

adoxa
Wizard

Re: T2 upgrade to V2

Post by adoxa » Mon Nov 30, 2020 17:45

Videonut wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 17:03
it's already been noted that the speeds you select for FF & FR have problems.
If you want to skip ads (or otherwise just jump through the recording) then using the skip functions is far superior (the arrows, and numbers once configured); if you actually want to watch in FF I'm afraid you're out of luck, it's just not going to work (with the drivers we have and it's doubtful we'll get new ones).

MY wife even complains that the button click is too loud.
That annoys me, too (even after using it for over a year). Otherwise, though, I find this remote much better than the T2 and U4.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Nov 30, 2020 22:20

adoxa wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 17:45
with the drivers we have and it's doubtful we'll get new ones

You got new drivers last week.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Wed Dec 02, 2020 14:21

It seems that there has been a F/W update for my V2. I assume that there was some place for me to register so that I'd be notified about this but that I failed to register for it. If so how is this done?

I don't see any mention of what changes are in this update, is this something else I missed.

The manual says that updates can be done directly from the machine or using USB and has the suggestion that USB is better. I find that the V2 did not find any updates at all for my machine.

I now have the download on a USB stick ready to go but will wait until I get a brand new tablet,purchased yesterday set up & running so that I can replay the video again that has many small steps to follow.
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

Bodogbodog
Apprentice

Post by Bodogbodog » Wed Dec 02, 2020 14:47

Just to note that the link posted takes you to the Beta version of the software - so only proceed if you’re ok with using beta software
Beyonwiz V2 Quad Tuner recording to unRAID OS NAS 16Tb NAS
Beyonwiz V2 Dual Tuner (warm standby)
Samsung Q65 OLED TV
Yamaha YSP2700 Sound Bar
Harmony 650 Remote Control

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Wed Dec 02, 2020 14:54

Thanks for that information I hadn't realised that it was only a beta version.
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 09:24

Hi,
Videonut wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 14:21
It seems that there has been a F/W update for my V2. I assume that there was some place for me to register so that I'd be notified about this but that I failed to register for it. If so how is this done?

I don't see any mention of what changes are in this update, is this something else I missed.

The manual says that updates can be done directly from the machine or using USB and has the suggestion that USB is better. I find that the V2 did not find any updates at all for my machine.

I now have the download on a USB stick ready to go but will wait until I get a brand new tablet,purchased yesterday set up & running so that I can replay the video again that has many small steps to follow.

I recently updated 2 x V2 online of 240 packages, and had no problems with that process. It did recommend using USB, but seeing there's a backup of setttings, assuming you take that step, it's fairly safe. If it fails, you can restore your settings easily, after installing from USB.

Always handy to a copy of the latest Beta FW (and older ones too - just in case).

dRdoS7

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Mon Dec 07, 2020 14:06

I can't see any real reason to do a F/W update for a beta version especially if I don't know if it will fix or improve any little problems that I have. It would be nice to know just what the update wished to achieve.

I have never found either a list of all jargon, abbreviations or , contractions etc that is frequently used in either the guides or forums.

And I always am finding more questions to ask like I'm finding that you can change stations & encounter a huge variation in volume, perhaps there is a plug in to help?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Dec 07, 2020 14:35

Videonut wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 14:06
And I always am finding more questions to ask like I'm finding that you can change stations & encounter a huge variation in volume, perhaps there is a plug in to help?

You might like to look at the topic: Any way to keep sound levels uniform across channels?

I posted some instructions about how to set it up in that topic. I don't know whether they're still up to date.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Dec 07, 2020 14:38

Videonut wrote:
I can't see any real reason to do a F/W update for a beta version especially if I don't know if it will fix or improve any little problems that I have. It would be nice to know just what the update wished to achieve.
The V2 received a major update to its hardware drivers with that update.

All the other units (v2 included) also got a few fixed to SMB networking, plus some other bits and pieces.

If you are on beta, then it is in your best interests to stay up to date as there are sometimes many under the hood tweaks that generally improve by increments.
Videonut wrote:
I have never found either a list of all jargon, abbreviations or , contractions etc that is frequently used in either the guides or forums.
A read of the howtos sticky threads will usually cover off most of what you'll encounter.
Covering off all the technical jargon that isn't necessarily Beyonwiz specific would be a little out of the scope of this forum.
Videonut wrote:
There is an auto volume plugin. Check prl's comment for that.

The usual volume difference you will encounter, is the one between the channels broadcasting Dolby audio and those that are MPEG audio.

The way I choose to solve this issue is to disable the Dolby decoding feature under the V2 audio settings, so that my equipment receives the raw Dolby signal and the Beyonwiz volume control no longer affects those channels. You then adjust the volume of the MPEG channels so that they sound the same as the volume on the Dolby channels. All listening level adjustments are then managed using your TV/Receiver volume controls, and not the Beyonwiz volume controls.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “FAQs, Tips & How to Guides”