Info on Infobar

Moderators: Gully, peteru

dixoni

Info on Infobar

Post by dixoni » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:46

I'm wishing there was an explanation in manual for us noobs about the contents of the Infobar that appears when in Live TV and press OK.

Particularly, I am puzzled about the two rainbow % bar graphs.
I have an idea that the top one is signal strength and the lower is Quality, but where did that idea come from?
Ah, later, i find some info on p22 at 4.3 in the T3 manual i downloaded but printed in BW, crowded around the picture.
But i am still unsure.

Also, what I describe makes sense for the T3 i am using at present. But on the T4 that's away being unfrozen, those two bars instead of being fairly full, are fairly empty. Huh? or is that perhaps diagnostic?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Info on Infobar

Post by MrQuade » Wed Apr 10, 2019 14:35

dixoni wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:46
Also, what I describe makes sense for the T3 i am using at present. But on the T4 that's away being unfrozen, those two bars instead of being fairly full, are fairly empty. Huh? or is that perhaps diagnostic?
The signal bars on the T4 mean the same thing as on the T3.
The values can be different between the two units, because they use different hardware in their tuners, and they have different performance characteristics, and can choose to report strength in slightly different ways.

If there is a mismatch, then that isn't necessarily a problem, although if the quality bar is too low, then that would indicate that you are receiving errors in the transmission that could result in corruption of the signal.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “FAQs, Tips & How to Guides”