Audio Playback on older Beyonwiz models

Discussions on Software, File Formats and Conversion.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

silashack
Apprentice

Audio Playback on older Beyonwiz models

Post by silashack » Sun Jun 01, 2014 18:19

I have a T3 with which I record to my NAS, and I have 2 older models p1 and lite, they are all on the same network and can see the NAS fine.

I am having issues with playback on anything recorded of the HD, say formula one.

I get no sound.

I have tried enabling and disabling the two audio options and doing a new record, but i still get no sound.

I wanted to use the T3 as the main recorder for the whole house and keep everything on the NAS, but the lack of audio is an issue.

Audio is fine on non HD recordings.

Any help appreciated.

Gully

Re: Audio Playback on older Beyonwiz models

Post by Gully » Sun Jun 01, 2014 18:25

I am moving this to the DP-Series forum on content and playback as it is about audio settings on them.

Have you looked at the Recommended Audio settings post?
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jun 01, 2014 18:48

How is the audio when you use a DP to play back HD recordingsthat were made on the DP? For example, Formula 1, since that specifically fails when you play a T3 recording of it on a DP.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

silashack
Apprentice

Post by silashack » Sun Jun 01, 2014 23:34

prl wrote:How is the audio when you use a DP to play back HD recordingsthat were made on the DP? For example, Formula 1, since that specifically fails when you play a T3 recording of it on a DP.
On BOTH older machines audio works perfect, I also pull the files over the network from one old machine to another and again no issues with sound.
One is direct HDMI to a Samsung TV, the other is through HDMI passthrough on a Yamaha Amp. so pretty sorted on how audio works :)

It would appear to me that the audio being recorded could be the issue as I also have the same problems with XBMC on AppleTv2, I just didnt want to put too much in the first post.

Putting the post in the DP section or sending me to the audio isnt really of help, as both machines have never been an issue, the issue is with recordings made on the T3.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Jun 02, 2014 07:30

If you could record the same program on both machines and then post a mediainfo log of both this would show if there is any objective difference between the actual recorded material.... I doubt it. The next step would be to pass each TS file through ProjectX in Demux mode and then recombine audio and video to make a standardised MPEG file. See how these playback. If you are not familiar with mediainfo, a google search will find it and open it in text mode then you can copy and paste the results. The next step I guess is then to get hold of a hex editor and examine the header of both files or use TSDoctor to check..

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:21

silashack wrote:On BOTH older machines audio works perfect, I also pull the files over the network from one old machine to another and again no issues with sound.
One is direct HDMI to a Samsung TV, the other is through HDMI passthrough on a Yamaha Amp. so pretty sorted on how audio works :)

It would appear to me that the audio being recorded could be the issue as I also have the same problems with XBMC on AppleTv2, I just didnt want to put too much in the first post.

Putting the post in the DP section or sending me to the audio isnt really of help, as both machines have never been an issue, the issue is with recordings made on the T3.
Sorry but I disagree with that last sentence.

Your problem is about how the DP PVR's playback a T3 file, as there are no settings or changes on the T3 that you can make to change what is happening. Except maybe recording the same program on a SD service.

And your audio settings may well be working perfectly but it would be good to know what setting you are using on each machine (especially as they are hooked up in different ways) as that should give a clue as to why the recording isn't playing audio.
Cheers
Gully

craigh
Wizard

Post by craigh » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:49

I have a T3 with 3 DP series boxes connected via SMB so can test this out for you as well.

Wont be home till Thursday but i know i have a few Channel Ten One recordings I can try.

I know they play fine via DLNA to other devices.
Craig
T4 + Kodi + Foxtel IQ2 > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Panasonic Plasma
T2 + Kodi Player > Pioneer Plasma
5 x Kodi + Enigma Plugin > LCD TV's
Retired - S1, P1, P1, FLV1, H1, H1
Foxtel IQ3 > Digi-MOD RL-DM1102 - SD DTV RF Modulator > All TV's
Remotes - Pronto TSU9400's + TSU7500's

silashack
Apprentice

Post by silashack » Mon Jun 02, 2014 17:27

Sorry but I disagree with that last sentence.

Sorry, no offense intended, just meant that IMHO the issue was "for me" with the audio output on the T3, there are two options on the T3 as regards audio, just thought someone may know the combination.

I have just tried as many combinations on the DP models as possible with the T3 recorded files and no sound at all. 'passthrough/decode etc'

Will sort out the other stuff as suggested.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Jun 02, 2014 18:21

On my P1 the T3 shows up under network and I can access and play files located on the T3 , regardless of being SD or HD with audio. On the other hand the T3 can't see files on the the P1.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Jun 02, 2014 18:21

silashack wrote:Sorry, no offense intended, just meant that IMHO the issue was "for me" with the audio output on the T3, there are two options on the T3 as regards audio, just thought someone may know the combination.

I have just tried as many combinations on the DP models as possible with the T3 recorded files and no sound at all. 'passthrough/decode etc'.
None taken but how about posting what settings you are using for the DP models that give you sound on the HD recordings on the DPs?
Cheers
Gully

silashack
Apprentice

Post by silashack » Tue Jun 03, 2014 21:13

Will do, just want to organise to record the same program on both units so I can do a real comparison
Time keeps getting away from me, dam INTERNET

OK managed to get the info off the T3 file and have attached

Having issues getting the files info from the DPLIte, and to add more to it...

The DP-P1 now plays the files without issue, it looks like the DPLite only..

I checked and both units have the very same audio settings, have also just moved the DP-P1 to the same connections as the lite and it works.

For me that confirms the lite is the one that for me has the issues
Attachments
T3.zip
(1 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Return to “Content, Software and USB”