How do you view files on USB?

Discussions on Software, File Formats and Conversion.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

cornish2
Apprentice

How do you view files on USB?

Post by cornish2 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:21

I have just formatted a USB HD to download files from Beyonwiz DP Lite i.
The transfer went well but, I now have a long list of 'Files' [No file type]
How do I join and view these files?
All help appreciated.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Wed Oct 05, 2011 13:04

Install WizFX on your computer and from within that program look for the .tvwiz format fiolders you have on your USB disk, highlight a .tvwiz folder, do not open, and click Change to TS

All of this information can found by using the search function and the FAQ
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Seanslife
Apprentice

Post by Seanslife » Sat Dec 31, 2011 23:57

And what if I have a Mac? I tried YardWiz and WizMAC but both need to access the server of the Beyonwiz, how do I convert .tvwz files already on a USB drive without the BW being connected?

Sean
DP-P1, Pioneer C509 plasma "last of the best ever" and Sanyo Z2000. MCE refugee. I love my DP-P1, stable and performs well.

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 01, 2012 07:33

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 14:12

In particular, if the recordings haven't been edited on the Beyonwiz, you can use the approach suggested by Karl in the topic Luke linked to.

I can't recall whether YARDWiz or WizMac can convert .tvwiz folders into .ts files disk to disk. getWizPnP (which YARDWiz uses for its actual file transfer operations) can do this, but it's a command-line based tool, with far too many options (I say that as the author :)). You have to run it from inside a Terminal window (or xterm window) on OS X.

But using those tools to combine the files in the .tvwiz folder only necessary if the recording was edited on the Beyonwiz. If your editing is limited to a "top and tail", then Karl's method will work too, but the lowest-numbered file will be something other than 0000, and the start and finish won't be exactly where you edited them, but you will have at least as much as you actually wanted.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Seanslife
Apprentice

Post by Seanslife » Sun Jan 01, 2012 15:27

Thanks Luke and prl, Karl's approach worked well. I can now convert bw recordings to .ts from disc to disc.

Cheers
Sean
DP-P1, Pioneer C509 plasma "last of the best ever" and Sanyo Z2000. MCE refugee. I love my DP-P1, stable and performs well.

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 01, 2012 16:27

prl wrote:I can't recall whether YARDWiz or WizMac can convert .tvwiz folders into .ts files disk to disk. getWizPnP (which YARDWiz uses for its actual file transfer operations) can do this, but it's a command-line based tool, with far too many options (I say that as the author :)). You have to run it from inside a Terminal window (or xterm window) on OS X.
No I haven't implemented that bit of getWizPnP functionality in YARDWiz, but thanks for the tip, I'll add it to the next version.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 16:49

Luke wrote:
prl wrote:I can't recall whether YARDWiz or WizMac can convert .tvwiz folders into .ts files disk to disk. getWizPnP (which YARDWiz uses for its actual file transfer operations) can do this, but it's a command-line based tool, with far too many options (I say that as the author :)). You have to run it from inside a Terminal window (or xterm window) on OS X.
No I haven't implemented that bit of getWizPnP functionality in YARDWiz, but thanks for the tip, I'll add it to the next version.
That'd be great!
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Content, Software and USB”