WizPcl 0.2 Beta - automatically manage programs BW - PC/NAS

Discussions on Software, File Formats and Conversion.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

NigelSenior
Master

WizPcl 0.2 Beta - automatically manage programs BW - PC/NAS

Post by NigelSenior » Tue Feb 24, 2009 06:47

Folks,
I have just released WizPcl 0.2 on the Beyoniwz software site at http://www.beyonwizsoftware.net/softwar ... eleased/0/

WizPcl can best be described as a rule based program manager. Rules can be defined that automatically move / copy programs from the Beyonwiz in TVWiz or .ts formats as or after they are recorded.

An example rule might be

Move any programs from my Beyonwiz in the "Lounge" with the words "Time" and "Team" in the program name that are smaller than 10 GB and older than 5 days and are in the directory "recording/tt" in a .ts format.

Rules and other parameters are setup by running WizPcl in interactive mode (no parameters on the command line)

Once the rules etc have been set up WizPcl can be run in batch mode (parameter batch on command line). Note in batch mode WizPcl runs minimized but by maximizing it you can see log activity.

As long as there is enough common up time between your PC and your Beyonwiz the actions will be performed according to the rules.

A rule is made of 2 parts

Part 1 are conditions - most of these relate to specific program attributes such as Name, location, age, definition etc. There is one condition that relates to the beyonwiz device - namely the size of data stored on the disk - this is used to trigger rules when the beyonwiz is getting full.

Part 2 are actions - these are things like copy, delete and convert. When combined they provide a mechanism to do the following

1. Delete programs on beyonwiz e.g. news after 2 days old

2. Move / Copy files to PC in TVWiz format

3. Convert local TvWiz format to .ts format

4. Kick off a batch file with substituted parameters e.g. start a divx conversion etc

There are a number of other general options that help tune performance, define file locations etc.

WizPcl can also integrate with Wizplayer - basically they share a directory and there's an additional option to only copy down the WizPlayer pre cache - most people wont want to do this.

Tread carefully please and run you rules without actions before to ensure your targeting the correct programs. Its easy to write a rule that will delete all your programs quickly - I am sure you don't want that and neither do I.

As always use at own risk but if i can help don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy

Gully, Dave,

could I indulge once more and get you to do your move trick so that this also appears in the software and USB forum.

cheers

Nigel

:D :D :D
Beyonwiz t2

download
Guru

Post by download » Tue Feb 24, 2009 08:20

Neat little utility. Basically does scheduled transfers? Would it be simple to allow the rules to apply to the BW itself (so recordings could be moved into subdirectories automatically?)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

np
Master

Post by np » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:52

Sounds Interesting ... are there any plans to integrate it in WizZilla or is this too complex ?
DP-S1 -> Samsung 52" 6 Series LCD (HDMI)
DP-S1 -> Yamaha 663 Amp (Optical)
IceTV, DP-S1 Always On, 1.05.280 Firmware, Wired LAN connection, Harmony 785

NigelSenior
Master

Post by NigelSenior » Tue Feb 24, 2009 16:59

download wrote:Neat little utility. Basically does scheduled transfers? Would it be simple to allow the rules to apply to the BW itself (so recordings could be moved into subdirectories automatically?)
Peter - thanks - not quite scheduled more like if a program gets recorded and it looks like "this" then deal with it e.g. move copy etc.

In terms of doing it on the BW - the BW interface is very limited and not capable of that type of activity remotely - its only through some diligent work by Prl (Peter) that we are able to delete files on the BW.
np wrote:Sounds Interesting ... are there any plans to integrate it in WizZilla or is this too complex ?
np - thanks - no plan nor reason to integrate as its a separate bit of functionality with its own interface.

cheers

Nigel

:D :D :D
Beyonwiz t2

Barboots
Master

Post by Barboots » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:32

I've been dredging the forum and found fantastic information which has really helped me progress the integration of my home theatre system. I love the dependable results of YARDWiz, but I am trying to have recordings from a P1 and a P2 initiated automatically so I grabbed a copy of WizPCL (binary).

Before I proceed, please note I'm nowhere near the technical level of much of the forum, so excuse me if I've made any rudimentry errors or omitted some vital detail...

OK, so I tried to install the WizPCL executable on my Win7 Premium 64 Bit machine and it bombed out citing 32/64 bit issues. I tried numerous Compatibility Modes including XP2 and Vista and experienced no joy... in fact not much happened at all. To save me beating my medicated head against the wall, can someone advise whether WizPCL can run under my OS? If it is indeed possible, I'll get to quoting the exact error messages I receive.

I'm open to other methods, however WizPCL seemed to have the exact function I need.

Many thanks for your work in developing these fantastic support programs for the machine.

Cheers,
Steve

NigelSenior
Master

Post by NigelSenior » Wed Feb 27, 2013 18:46

Barboots wrote:I've been dredging the forum and found fantastic information which has really helped me progress the integration of my home theatre system. I love the dependable results of YARDWiz, but I am trying to have recordings from a P1 and a P2 initiated automatically so I grabbed a copy of WizPCL (binary).

Before I proceed, please note I'm nowhere near the technical level of much of the forum, so excuse me if I've made any rudimentry errors or omitted some vital detail...

OK, so I tried to install the WizPCL executable on my Win7 Premium 64 Bit machine and it bombed out citing 32/64 bit issues. I tried numerous Compatibility Modes including XP2 and Vista and experienced no joy... in fact not much happened at all. To save me beating my medicated head against the wall, can someone advise whether WizPCL can run under my OS? If it is indeed possible, I'll get to quoting the exact error messages I receive.

I'm open to other methods, however WizPCL seemed to have the exact function I need.

Many thanks for your work in developing these fantastic support programs for the machine.

Cheers,
Steve
Hi
Sorry but I built this on 32 bit system and cant compile on 64 bit. I did see a post where someone else had made Wizplayer works so its possible. I would scan the net for general manual install approach. It built in Delphi which might help.

Cheers Nigel
Beyonwiz t2

Barboots
Master

Post by Barboots » Wed Feb 27, 2013 22:33

NigelSenior wrote: Hi
Sorry but I built this on 32 bit system and cant compile on 64 bit. I did see a post where someone else had made Wizplayer works so its possible. I would scan the net for general manual install approach. It built in Delphi which might help.

Cheers Nigel
Thanks Nigel. I think I'll be out of my depth, but I'll try to have a read up on it.

Many thanks,
Steve

Return to “Content, Software and USB”