WizZilla has arrived

Discussions on Software, File Formats and Conversion.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Mar 20, 2011 22:05

Thanks, qmanol. Nicely tracked down! The next version of getWizPnP will write TS files using a single open/close, rather than successive appends. That should fix the problem.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

andrewdean
On probation

Post by andrewdean » Fri Mar 25, 2011 07:11

Great program.
A suggestion I have is:
The ability to stream the recording over the network (that way you don't need to download the file before playing it). Maybe something like within WizZilla right click recording, open with, and use KMPlayer or something like that.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 08:19

andrewdean wrote:Great program.
A suggestion I have is:
The ability to stream the recording over the network (that way you don't need to download the file before playing it). Maybe something like within WizZilla right click recording, open with, and use KMPlayer or something like that.
You'd be wanting something like NigelS's WizPlayer, then? It uses VLC rather than KMPlayer for actual playback.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

trevsy
Master

Post by trevsy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:15

Excuse my ignorance but I use WIZFX to transfer files from pc to PVR's (S1 and P2) . is this a better program or are they similar in performance.I have heard about this but never thought to use it.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 13:40

trevsy wrote:Excuse my ignorance but I use WIZFX to transfer files from pc to PVR's (S1 and P2) . is this a better program or are they similar in performance.I have heard about this but never thought to use it.
I guess it's a matter of taste. WizFX is the Beyonwiz-provided file transfer program. WizZilla is a Windows GUI shell written by the Two Wizards (alwayslooking and Dave?) for getWizPnP. I don't use either, but I guess the Two Wizards think that they provide better functionality with WizZilla than WizFX does.

Performance in terms of copy speed will be pretty much the same for WizFX and WizZilla, because the limiting factor is the speed that the Beyonwiz HTTP server sends the data to the copy clients. So using WizZilla instead of WizFX won't suddenly make your copies go faster. Unfortunately.

As for WizZilla's features, see the first post in this topic :)

Personally, I use getWizPnP. Seeing that I wrote it, I guess I have to :D

There appear to be some problems with the way getWizPnP (and consequently WizZilla) does copies to TS format that cause errors in the copy, and for the copy not to complete. I hope to have that fixed in the next release of getWizPnP, but the fix won't get into WizZilla until WizZilla is adapted to the new getWizPnp.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

NigelSenior
Master

Post by NigelSenior » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:47

prl wrote:Thanks, qmanol. Nicely tracked down! The next version of getWizPnP will write TS files using a single open/close, rather than successive appends. That should fix the problem.
Hi Peter,
not sure if this relevant to you discussion but a trick I learnt with wizplayer was the difficuilty of writing files while trying to play them. Players (Windows media player etc) dont like to share files. VLC is the only one I found that would and even it needs some help. This how I got it to work. Open the file for writing in your code, write a couple of segments, close the file and ask the player to play it, wait a few seconds then reopen it with your own code and keep appending. VLC seems to keep an eye on the files size etc and so is happy as long as you can grow the file faster than it can play.

hope this helps.

cheers

Nigel

:D :D :D
Beyonwiz t2

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:57

NigelSenior wrote:
prl wrote:Thanks, qmanol. Nicely tracked down! The next version of getWizPnP will write TS files using a single open/close, rather than successive appends. That should fix the problem.
Hi Peter,
not sure if this relevant to you discussion but a trick I learnt with wizplayer was the difficuilty of writing files while trying to play them. Players (Windows media player etc) dont like to share files. ...
Yes, that's what I've assumed was the problem, that because I was closing and re-opening to append the TS file for each data file in the original recording, the anti-virus software was picking up on the close and opening the file excluding writes. If the AV software did that before getWizPnp re-opened the file, then getWizPnP's open would fail.

I've since re-written the TS writing code so it only does one open for the whole TS file copy, then closes the output file when the copy is complete. That should avoid the problem.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

gryphon
On probation

Deleting from the File list causes Error

Post by gryphon » Mon May 14, 2012 10:49

Sorry if this has been addressed before, there are 50 pages here & no Search!
If I try to RClick->delete a program in the file list, which I have not downloaded, Wizzilla closes with:
'Access violation at address 711F87D2 in module browseui.dll. Read of address 671CA4D4.'
Is this a problem you know about/with a solution?

Beautiful work, guys, in any case. Well done.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Deleting from the File list causes Error

Post by prl » Mon May 14, 2012 12:13

gryphon wrote:Sorry if this has been addressed before, there are 50 pages here & no Search!
If I try to RClick->delete a program in the file list, which I have not downloaded, Wizzilla closes with:
'Access violation at address 711F87D2 in module browseui.dll. Read of address 671CA4D4.'
Is this a problem you know about/with a solution?

Beautiful work, guys, in any case. Well done.
No search? Really?

I searched the forum for "browseui.dll" (match all, no quotes in actual search) and found your post was the only one in the forum to contain that. There are three forum posts that match "Access violation at address" (match all, no quotes in actual search). Only your post matches "wizzilla Access violation at address" (match all, no quotes in actual search).

So it appears that there hasn't been any discussion of this problem on the forum before.

Wizzilla hasn't been updated for a while (most recent release appears to have been Dec 2008). I don't know if the TwoWizards are still active supporting it.

YARDWiz is an alternative that's currently actively being worked on. YARDWiz also uses more recent versions of getWizPnP to do the recording transfers.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Mon May 14, 2012 14:07

One of the authors of Wizzilla now uses YARDWiz :lol: (when he's using a linux OS).

Gully

Re: Deleting from the File list causes Error

Post by Gully » Mon May 14, 2012 19:36

prl wrote:
gryphon wrote:Sorry if this has been addressed before, there are 50 pages here & no Search!
No search? Really?
Just to reinforce this, what do you see as the third item on the "menu bar" after Home and FAQ?
Cheers
Gully

Yorto

Post by Yorto » Mon Apr 15, 2013 13:23

Has anyone got a copy of this they can post ?? or new link

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Apr 15, 2013 13:50

Hi Yorto,

Welcome!

I think you will find that YARDWiz has effectively replaced WizZilla.

Yet Another Recording Downloader for the Wiz

Regards,
Ian.

Yorto

Post by Yorto » Mon Apr 15, 2013 16:20

IanSav wrote:Hi Yorto,

Welcome!

I think you will find that YARDWiz has effectively replaced WizZilla.

Yet Another Recording Downloader for the Wiz

Regards,
Ian.

Return to “Content, Software and USB”