Transfer UNIX to mp4 thanks for you advice i wlll try to change the format

Discussions on Software, File Formats and Conversion.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

RWJ
On probation

Transfer UNIX to mp4 thanks for you advice i wlll try to change the format

Post by RWJ » Fri Jun 22, 2018 17:46

I copied file from DP-P2 to USB Stick .How can the UNIX file on the USB converted to mp4 so it can be played On the Mac and TV
Last edited by RWJ on Fri Jun 22, 2018 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Transfer UNIX to mp4

Post by MrQuade » Fri Jun 22, 2018 18:29

RWJ wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 17:46
I copied file from DP-P2 to USB Stick .How can the UNIX file on the USB converted to mp4 so it can be played On the Mac and TV
It's not a very straightforward process if you are not that technically savvy, but it is doable with the right tools.

You probably have a directory full of .tvwiz files of about 30MB apiece (not really anything to do with UNIX per-se).

You can use a program like WizFX, or YARDWiz to convert the files into a single .ts (transport stream) file.
You could also concatenate all of the files yourself (stick them together) using copy commands or some other file concatenation tool (don't know of anything Mac based off the top of my head).

A .ts file should be playable on your Mac using the right media player software, but the TV might not recognise that file format.

You would need some software to remux the .ts file into a .mp4 container. Or you could convert the files to .mp4 and re-encode them to a different format (saves space, but with some loss of quality) using something like Handbrake.

One of the media editing gurus on the forums can probably point you to the best remuxing software, its not something I do routinely.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “Content, Software and USB”