Who adds remote codes in Logitech Harmony database?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Who adds remote codes in Logitech Harmony database?

Post by MrQuade » Tue Mar 25, 2014 16:02

I know this subject has been touched on in another thread (Harmony/Activity Remotes being a bit clunky with the T3)
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=7535

But I am curious as to whether someone has sent the remote control code details for the T3 to Logitech for integration into their device database yet?
Would that normally be something that Beyonwiz would do themselves, or is it expected to the community driven?

I had a go at adding a T3 into my device list in preparation for receiving my new toy, but alas it was not in there yet. It'd be nice to have it there for the launch date.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Re: Who adds remote codes in Logitech Harmony database?

Post by prl » Tue Mar 25, 2014 17:45

I have set up my Logitech 785 from the Logitech database entry for another device that runs the enigma2 PVR app. It didn't cover all the keys on the remote, but it didn't take long to add the extra ones.

I did that setup on the pre-production version, but the same codes seem to work on the production version.

I almost exclusively use the product remote for beta testing, because I need to be sure that the remote is doing exactly what another tester will get if they do the same thing, and to be able to report exactly what button press sequence causes some problem.

I would hope that Beyonwiz will be doing whatever's needed to get the T3 remote into the Logitech database, along with any discrete ON/OFF codes, if they end up adding those to the T3.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

jed
Apprentice

Post by jed » Mon May 05, 2014 14:33

prl wrote:I have set up my Logitech 785 from the Logitech database entry for another device that runs the enigma2 PVR app. It didn't cover all the keys on the remote, but it didn't take long to add the extra ones.
What device was that?
prl wrote:I would hope that Beyonwiz will be doing whatever's needed to get the T3 remote into the Logitech database, along with any discrete ON/OFF codes, if they end up adding those to the T3.
Unfortunately still not there as I tried on Saturday.

This is pretty bad form, how hard can it be to notify Logitech of a new device to support.

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon May 05, 2014 14:49

I have been setting up the T3 on my Logitech and making sure it works well as I have posted elsewhere.

Once I feel it is working, I'll see if I can request Logitech add it to the database if they will let me.
Cheers
Gully

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon May 05, 2014 15:36

jed wrote:This is pretty bad form, how hard can it be to notify Logitech of a new device to support.
What makes you think that this has not been done? Have you considered that it could be Logitech not doing anything about it?

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

jed
Apprentice

Post by jed » Mon May 05, 2014 15:48

peteru wrote:
jed wrote:This is pretty bad form, how hard can it be to notify Logitech of a new device to support.
What makes you think that this has not been done? Have you considered that it could be Logitech not doing anything about it?
The device is released, it should have been done with enough lead time to make sure it was available on launch.

I also would expect an official word (from Beyonwiz) to know it is Logitech holding it up.

To be honest this product still smells very much like a beta release.

I'm the end user (paying customer), I shouldn't have to put up with politics and excuses.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon May 05, 2014 19:56

There is another thread that describes the trick to this, but I have the remote working perfectly with the T3 now. At least with a Hub based remote.
http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/viewt ... 1ec69f388f

When setting up a new device, I typed in Beyonwiz T3, and it queried the model since it didn't have it in the database.
It then goes into the learning sequence and asks you to press the Off button to start with.
The software then went and did a search and told me BING, done.

I checked the button mappings and it had figured out all of the codes by itself and configured the remote automatically. Every key seemed to be available, so I customised to my preferences.

So while the Wiz itself was unknown, the IR codes it uses must have been reasonably well known. Slightly inconvenient, but the result is what counts.

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon May 05, 2014 20:54

MrQuade wrote:I checked the button mappings and it had figured out all of the codes by itself and configured the remote automatically. Every key seemed to be available, so I customised to my preferences.

So while the Wiz itself was unknown, the IR codes it uses must have been reasonably well known. Slightly inconvenient, but the result is what counts.
My experience is a little different in that it found it in the same way but doesn't have every key, eg jump to bookmark keys which it had to learn.

I am still testing before I would want to declare it a total success.
Cheers
Gully

Buffy71
Master

Post by Buffy71 » Mon May 05, 2014 21:32

I didn't have quite the same luck. I entered Beyonwiz T3, it asked me to press the power button, but it didn't then recognise and populate the keys. I had to teach practically every button. Hopefully it gets added to database soon, as I only taught about 75% of buttons (it's tedious)

blobby113
Apprentice

Post by blobby113 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:11

Go here to see ways of getting Harmony remotes to work:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=7659&start=30#p107094

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon May 19, 2014 10:34

I used the Venton Unibox HD2 as the starting point when I programmed my Harmony 785 for the T3. It misses a bunch of important buttons that I had to then program by hand, but it wasn't too bad. I needed to teach it the codes for GUIDE, PIP, SETUP, LAN, FORMAT, PLUGIN and MEDIA.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Jun 06, 2014 01:58

It looks like The T3 is now in the Harmony database, as it now appears in the MyHarmony app when I search for it.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:36

MrQuade wrote:It looks like The T3 is now in the Harmony database, as it now appears in the MyHarmony app when I search for it.
The T3 is now also visible in the old Java-based Harmony Remote Software that I have to use for antiques like my old 785 :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

jed
Apprentice

Post by jed » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:07

Great news. I will try it on the weekend. I might actually be able to use the T3 now, instead of just switching it on to upgrade...

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:21

I've just had a look at the button assignments for the T3 on the 785:

There's a PrevChannel code (presumably PREV on the T3 remote), but no NextChannel code. The PrevChannel is mapped to "Prev" on the 783.
There's a Back code, but it's not mapped to the 785 Prev button, it's mapped to a soft button.
The Skip back and Skip forward buttons on the 785 are mapped to SkipBack and SkipForward codes, but there are no corresponding T3 remote buttons.
There are separate Play and Pause codes, but the T3 remote has a single Play/Pause button.

I haven't played with the codes that don't appear to have a corresponding T3 button to see what they do (or if they do anything).

The assignments to Harmony remote buttons may be different for other remotes. The code database should be the same across all Harmony devices, though.

The HELP code is labelled "Help(HELP)" in the Harmony database, and indeed, the T3 help system is in need of some help :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “Pre-release Discussion”