Cannot record any show at the proper start time.

Beyonwiz HD PVR / Network Media Players including Freeview models.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Malfie
Apprentice

Cannot record any show at the proper start time.

Post by Malfie » Sun Dec 11, 2011 18:59

That is, ABC1.

If the show starts at 7:30pm and I try to setup the recorder for that Channel ( and that show.. which it displays the title of) it will only start the recording at 7:38pm.

If I try to change the start time to 7:30 pm it says that time is not acceptable.

I've checked the DP Lite's system time in settings and it is correct.

This has only shown up in recent months, not at all earlier through the past 12 months.

I guess I could try to start it at 7:22pm but I'd rather not go down that path.

If you need any other info please say so.

Thanks

Gully

Post by Gully » Sun Dec 11, 2011 19:31

So what are your time and region settings?

And your padding settings?

How are you creating timers?

Or are you doing this when the show has started?

Any other shows recording at the same time?

Really helps if we get as much info as possible.
Cheers
Gully

Malfie
Apprentice

Post by Malfie » Sun Dec 11, 2011 20:40

Well, I did say ask if there was anything else.
I checked the system time and it was pre-7:30 pm. Therefore the show had not started.
I haven't a clue what "padding" is..
I create a timer by Add in PopUp. .as I always have.
No other shows recording.
As I said, it worked fine up until recently and nothing was changed in settings to my knowledge.I cannot see why, if the system setting is local time and the show has not started why there is this EXACT 8 minute differential. not sure what you mean by "region" settings.. Time zone are usually 30 minute increments, as far as I know.

Is there a reset to factory settings opton anywhere.? This offset doesn't figure.
Mal Fields

Gully

Post by Gully » Sun Dec 11, 2011 20:45

Helps if you answer the questions.

Please have a look at your settings and tell us specifically the time and region settings you are using?

And while you are there have a look under the PVR settings for padding settings?

Which firmware version are you using?

And yes there is a reset option (several in fact) also under setup. But I don't think that will help. If you are not getting the settings correct this time, it is likely to be the same afterwards.
Cheers
Gully

IanB
Wizard

Post by IanB » Mon Dec 12, 2011 06:19

Another important question :-

When are you trying to set the timer?

If it is within some small period just before the program starts, you will get the message about time is not acceptable. Seems the validation tests are a little harsh here.

Setting the timer from the EPG, by pressing Record while that program is highlighted has no such restriction. You can even do that if the program has started. It will start immediately and record for the remaining duration of the program.

Malfie
Apprentice

Post by Malfie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 08:01

Well, firmware is 01.07.350

Soft Padding is OFF

Offset is +11

Region is Vic

But it seems IanB is on the money..

It isn't possible to set a recording within 8 minutes of current time. for whatever the reason, that's how it is.
Knowing that makes it easy to comply.
And yes, I was trying to se t it up in that nogo time zone, where as previously I obviously did so well outside it.
I've never gotten into the PVR that much as I mainly use it for for scheduled recordings and then port it over to my PC for processing. The other main use, for me, is to send recordings from the PC to the PVR.
I use my PC TV card and Media Centre for my own use, my wife is the one who tells me at the last minute that she needs something recorded, SOON. :)

Thanks for your help.. At least that's explained.
Mal Fields

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Mon Dec 12, 2011 08:47

Malfie wrote:It isn't possible to set a recording within 8 minutes of current time. for whatever the reason, that's how it is.
Knowing that makes it easy to comply.
And yes, I was trying to se t it up in that nogo time zone, where as previously I obviously did so well outside it.
Malfie,

You should try setting a timer from the EPG instead. It's much faster, and it doesn't have a "nogo zone" - it will even start recording instantly if necessary. Also, the channel and duration are set for you, so it is impossible to get it wrong.

Simply press EPG, navigate using the arrows to the chosen program cell, then press REC.

Easy.

Malfie
Apprentice

Post by Malfie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 08:55

[quote="Malfie,

You should try setting a timer from the EPG instead. It's much faster, and it doesn't have a "nogo zone" - it will even start recording instantly if necessary. Also, the channel and duration are set for you, so it is impossible to get it wrong.

Simply press EPG, navigate using the arrows to the chosen program cell, then press REC.

Easy.[/quote]

Absolutely.. thanks for all that...
Mal Fields

Return to “DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-Lite, DP-S1 and DP-P1”