DP-P1 Seems PSU has died

Beyonwiz HD PVR / Network Media Players including Freeview models.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

felix01

DP-P1 Seems PSU has died

Post by felix01 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 19:01

Hi Folks,

Been a while since I was last here - 2008 to be precise!

I've been happily using my P1 all these years, recording the nightly news and watching it later (minus the ads), the Tour De France and various other FTA tv programs.

I have probs with the remote not responding, but the major problem is the P1 wont fire up any more (Error 0000).

I still love my P1 but recognise that the thing was made in 2007. If I could get it repaired, I would, but would want to get a few more years out of it.

Is there someone in Melb that can fix? Or do I just add it to my IT scrapheap and look for something new?

Cheers,

Felix.
PS just noticed that my profile says Sony KDL46XBR and I'm still using that too! But in the rumpus...:-)
Felix
-----------------------------
Sony KDL46XBR
BeyonWiz DP-P1

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: DP-P1 Seems PSU has died

Post by MrQuade » Wed Jun 14, 2023 19:33

Power supply fault.

Repair instructions can be found in these threads depending on the power supply model.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7259
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7191

Warkus doesn't repair these himself any more.
You may be able to take the instructions to a general electronics repair shop if you know of one that might take on this sort of bespoke work.

Otherwise NASA Electronics is a known repairer.

A shame that the new Beyonwiz models are not available either. The poor old DP series are well past useby and should really be retired, however proper feature-parity alternatives are not really available from anywhere!!!
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

felix01

Post by felix01 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 20:55

Greetings Perthling,

Thanks for that - very clear instructions and I reckon I could dabble (or Pay) but probably not worth the effort any more.

FTA TV is a bit like Youtube with ads and we seldom watch it live any more.

Took a look at IceTV box and can't justify the cost for FTA TV, nor a monthly sub for EPG.

Might see if a mate wants to have a play with the PSU. otherwise its heading to Officeworks recycling bin.

The hard drive is possibly still working, but likely to be on its last legs too.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Felix
Felix
-----------------------------
Sony KDL46XBR
BeyonWiz DP-P1

raj
Master

Post by raj » Thu Jun 15, 2023 07:14

G'day,

I would contact NASA Electronics via their web form. They may be able to come to an arrangement to get your Beyonwiz running.

After a Beyonwiz, you will be disappointed with the IceBox. I have one but ended up getting my BW fixed by NASA Electronics.

Hopefully things will improve but at the moment subtitles do not show in recordings and there is no timeshift on live TV.

Return to “DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-Lite, DP-S1 and DP-P1”