Asian Characters

Android Smart TV Media Player

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Rockgod
Apprentice

Asian Characters

Post by Rockgod » Fri Oct 21, 2011 22:17

Hi,

Just bought my Wizott yesterday and noticed while running through various featues that some menu items/selections appear written in chinese/korean characters.

How can I fix this?

Rock

billjones

asian characters

Post by billjones » Sun Oct 23, 2011 09:51

if you haven't yet do a firmware upgrade ,you can download the newest firmware from; home>APPS>firmware upgrade>auto upgrade.you must make sure at least 1USB stick is connected ,do not do a factory reset"if you do you may find the picture has flashing lines s o you cannot find your way through the menu to change output to 1080p and pal from its default auto and NTSC even viewing via composite cable,you have been warned. after the firmware upgrade 2.2 things should work a lot better,you still may find you get chinglish on some things ie when changing letters to numbers i can live with that,hope this helps billjones.

Rockgod
Apprentice

Post by Rockgod » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:17

thanks for the help, already tried all the suggestions.
I even tried changing the update server from Asia to Europe, but same thing.
Main one I can think of from the top of my head is when I'm playing a video if I select the menu then settings the first option is in asian characters. Drilling down there are several others also, but I don't know what they are.

Maybe I should escalate this to Beyonwiz support?

Rock

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:23

Hi Rock,

Most of the regulars do not have a WizOTT so most of us are unable to assist. A call to Beyonwiz is probably your best bet.

Regards,
Ian.

billjones

asian characters

Post by billjones » Sun Oct 23, 2011 13:42

try this mix,language and keyboard>English united states,android keyboard>tick,tbob hangui keyboard>tick, device keyboard>auto replace>tick auto cap>tick auto punctuate>tick. if that doesn't work i suggest re do the firmware upgrade but wait 30 to40 mins before you touch the remote this is what i had to do hope this helps billjones.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Oct 24, 2011 14:52

The latest firmware upgrade for the WizOTT is buggy and is not localised properly. The audio settings and other context menus only seem to have Korean text - no English. I reported the problem directly to Beyonwiz Korea, but had no reply. That was almost two months ago. There were no firmware upgrades released since then.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Return to “WizOTT”