Podcasts won't complete

What you like, What you don't and What you want!

Moderators: Gully, peteru

whatgift
Apprentice

Podcasts won't complete

Post by whatgift » Mon Jun 08, 2009 19:54

I cannot download any podcasts to my wiz - they start, but stop after a short time, and the files won't play, they say unsupported format.
I have my Wiz connected to an Airport Express to my router, which is then connected to my ADSL modem. The wireless signal is excellent, and nothing else is using the internet at the time.
I get good speeds on all computers, I have other devices connected to the AE via a switch which all work fine, and the Wiz is able to get to IceTV fine and stream videos over the network.
To top it all off, to delete the corrupt podcasts and their folders requires a lot of seperate deletions for every podcast I attempt, because the wiz won't delete folders with anything in them.

What could be happening?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 20:11

Any very short recordings (less than a minute or so play time) are too short for the Beyonwiz's media file classification algorithm to work on.

I can't help much on why the downloads are failing, though. There isn't any obvious problem in what you describe.

It is a beta service.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

MikeGred
Apprentice

Podcasts

Post by MikeGred » Mon Jun 08, 2009 20:36

I am having exactly the same problem, No matter what file I download it will not play. Every file comes up with " Formatt not supported".
It is also impossible to see what size these files are thereby can't say if they have downloaded correctly. I tend to think that they are not being downloaded fully, purely on the fact of time it takes.

Mike Gredziuk

grl
Master

Post by grl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 06:46

As discussed elsewhere, me too. I focused on the Music downloads and eventually got one that worked. 2 out of 6 worked. The duds seem to terminate downloading way too quickly.
DP-P2, HDMI, Samsung LA32A650A1
DP-P2, composite, Sharp CRT

aza0
Apprentice

Post by aza0 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:58

I was hoping this was happening to others. I am getting the same thing happen to me. I tried downloading a couple of thing's from the wood whisperer, vegan recipes and some interviews with people from reaper and chuck. All of them started but stopped within a few seconds leaving a file that gives the 'unsupported format'.

I had success with a guy that converted his car to run on electricity - which I found under the 'extreme video' category. I understand its beta and not really fussed. I have a wired network and everything else seems to work fine. I can't really give any more info than that.

diesel
Wizard

Post by diesel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 22:17

Maybe list the ones that don't work for you. This way we know which ones don't work and hopefully Wiz HQ can provide some anwers...after all, we're asked not to call them :wink:
3TB T3 on 4.4.20160729FW
DP-P1 on .320FW & life support...

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Tue Jun 09, 2009 23:37

Interesting how nobody has specifically mentioned any that don't download. It could be a problem with a few individual files. But we'll never know if people keep saying '3 out 6' failed... without listing which 3 failed.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 08:56

Dave? wrote:Interesting how nobody has specifically mentioned any that don't download. It could be a problem with a few individual files. But we'll never know if people keep saying '3 out 6' failed... without listing which 3 failed.
Not quite true. A few posts have named failed downloads:
Wood Whisperer
Good News Week & Catalyst both "earliest episode"
Earliest Good News Week, "The content I had trouble with was 100MB of larger"
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

aza0
Apprentice

Post by aza0 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 09:12

Health : Vegan A go go/ep38, ep43, ep50, ep54.
Comedy : The wood whisperer.
Technology : Mobile soul podcast show/ mobile soul 139/:DnB cinema.
Technology : Slice of Scifi 215: Interview with ray wise from reaper.
Technology : Slice of Scifi 214: Interview with joshua gomez from chuck.

Hope that helps. Has any one else had problems with these same podcasts?

whatgift
Apprentice

Post by whatgift » Wed Jun 10, 2009 09:49

I didn't list any because every single one I've tried doesn't download, and I've tried many.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 09:51

whatgift wrote:I didn't list any because every single one I've tried doesn't download, and I've tried many.
OK, that's very annoying, but by not saying what you've tried, even some of them, it provides little for anyone trying to fix the problem to work on.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Stunkrat
Apprentice

Post by Stunkrat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 13:21

I tried downloading a number of the photoshop guy, can't remember what it was called. The best I got was about 3 minutes out of 20.

Wired network, ADSL2+ etc etc.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 15:12

2 days ago I tried to download a Nasa TV one, and I went straight to the file player. I didn't wait for the progress bar to complete and unlike the first time I tried this combo, as soon as I went to the fileplayer it essentially cancelled the download (at least that is how it appeared. The couple of times I went to the file player in the past, it had the downloading bar in the player, and you had to hit live/etc to get to live TV, i.e. you can only normally cancel the download or watch live tv.
edit: oh, I downloaded Catalyst16 just before I had that prob (the latest one this year with the Blue Mountains Dingos etc) and it was fine, all 90meg of it (it said 1.15mb in the podcast list LOL!). I figured it was 90meg because I downloaded this podcast from ABC a few days before on my PC.... and sure enough, hacking the index.txt file so WizFX could see the file and downloading it off the Wiz was indeed 90meg (ok, telnet 'ls -l' told me the size anyway, was just bragging that I was able to get WizFX to download podcasts off the wiz too, albeit by having to put the path of the file into the bottom of index.txt :-))
Tony

j s
Master

Post by j s » Fri Jun 19, 2009 09:57

Where are the instructions of what you can/cannot do? ie when a download starts do you have to stay there or can you go elsewhere? Do other stuff?

dumbthumbs
Apprentice

Post by dumbthumbs » Thu Aug 27, 2009 23:34

Has anything come of this? Today I tried to download all of Hamish and Andy and a couple of episodes of At The Movies. None of them work. They all say "unsupported format". With the number of people complaining, there must be a problem downloading podcasts.

I am running on a wired connection with a solid Internet link at around 8Mbit/s.

Mark

juzzman
Apprentice

Post by juzzman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 16:42

I am having the same trouble with wiztv pod casts . They start copying then within 5-10 seconds they stop but only on the S1.
The same podcast on my H1 works fine using the same router and cable,downloads within 5 minutes of each other.
The podcast was skydiver cheats death.

All others i have tried on the H1 worked.

Is any one else having trouble with this on a DP_S1.
Time will tell, but only slowly

Jawbraeka
Apprentice

Post by Jawbraeka » Tue Sep 15, 2009 19:08

i too am also having the same issue with the Wiztv Podcasts... I have a DP-P2 and whenever i go to download either a video or audio formatted podcast, they seem to initaliase a download but then they seem to stop.. i'm currently capped for my internet but i will try this again when i have my internet allowance again and let you know how it goes.. unless this has been solved and the answer wasn't published in this thread.

crippstor
Apprentice

Post by crippstor » Wed Sep 16, 2009 19:37

Only trouble I have had is with podcasts that have a listed file size of 0.00Mb. None of these have completed for me.
DP-P1 in the lounge, DP-H1 in the master bedroom. Happy kids and Mrs Crippstor all around, and if Santa Beyonwiz brings out a new model, the P1 to the bedroom and the H1 to the man shed

Return to “Podcasts & VIP Club”