Wizplayer app for Android?

Advanced Discussions on Programing for & Modifying Beyonwiz Products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Griffyn
Apprentice

Wizplayer app for Android?

Post by Griffyn » Thu Dec 16, 2010 21:33

So, since the wireless router got replaced, and I had to downgrade the encryption on the DP-S1 to WEP+MAC filtering, it also got around the wireless networking bug that caused corruption whenever I tried to stream anything off the beyonwiz - both WizFX and WizPlayer would fail after about 17 seconds. I can now stream shows to my laptop for the first time in years :)

Which has got me a bit more excited, seeing as I have an android phone just begging to be hooked up to the wiz so I can watch tv shows on it, whilst I'm within wireless range, or perhaps to be stored for later viewing.

Has there been any development on an app for something like this? I couldn't see anything on openwiz.org

NigelSenior
Master

Re: Wizplayer app for Android?

Post by NigelSenior » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:49

Griffyn wrote:So, since the wireless router got replaced, and I had to downgrade the encryption on the DP-S1 to WEP+MAC filtering, it also got around the wireless networking bug that caused corruption whenever I tried to stream anything off the beyonwiz - both WizFX and WizPlayer would fail after about 17 seconds. I can now stream shows to my laptop for the first time in years :)

Which has got me a bit more excited, seeing as I have an android phone just begging to be hooked up to the wiz so I can watch tv shows on it, whilst I'm within wireless range, or perhaps to be stored for later viewing.

Has there been any development on an app for something like this? I couldn't see anything on openwiz.org
Griffyn,
re you question - android marketplace will provide quite a few streaming clients - however the protocol the beyonwiz uses is quite unique and so would need someone to write something a bit special. I would be surpirsed to see anyone write such an app given the number of usrs etc.

cheers

Nigel

:D :D :D
Beyonwiz t2

Return to “Software Developers”