Wiz Interface 0.1 Alpha

Advanced Discussions on Programing for & Modifying Beyonwiz Products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

jim16
Apprentice

Wiz Interface 0.1 Alpha

Post by jim16 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 13:17

Wiz Interface 0.1 Alpha
  • Description:
    • This is a simple web interface to your wiz to provide remote access for managing your timers and recordings. This interface is powered by wizRemote and getWizPnP.pl.

Credit to efry and prl the authors of these applications. Special thanks to efry for creating wizRemote as this interface uses large amounts of the source code from
      his work.

Please note that this is Alpha software and I will *NOT* be held responsible for any damage or hardship caused.
  • Requirements:
    • A Beyonwiz unit with wizRemote 0.1 installed and running

getWizPnP.pl installed and in your webserver users path

PHP and Web Server e.g. Apache, lighthttp etc...

Modern web browser - Firefox 3.0+, Chrome, Opera 9+ etc.. Internet Explorer is *NOT* supported

n.b. If you had wizRemote running you have most of the requirements covered.
  • Installation:
    • Copy entire wizinterface directory onto your web server.

Edit the file includes/config_inc.php replacing the values with those you require i.e. Wiz IP, Username and
      Password etc..

Navigate to http://YOURSERVER/wizinterface/

On the first time you visit this site you will be prompted to download a file named
      config_channels_inc.php. Save this file and copy it to your web server under the folder
      wizinterface/includes/config_channels_inc.php

Login with the username and password you setup in the config_inc.php file
  • Planned Features:
    • Implement settings file management

Implement ability to delete, move and rename recordings via getWizPnP

Implement current current recording status via getWizPnP.pl

Implement guide to enable setting of timers from a grid view

Implement ability on timerlist to display guide information for timer

Validate timer input and check for conflicts on the server
  • Releases:
    • 0.1 Alpha - Initial Release

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sat Aug 15, 2009 22:03

Hi Jim16,

How do you get around the fact that the files you are working with (on the Beyonwiz) are already in RAM and never accessed from disk while the Beyonwiz is running? In fact the firmware rewrites the files while the Beyonwiz is in use. I seem to remember that WizRemote had a lot of trouble with this. I also seem to remember that you needed to reboot the Beyonwiz for some of the changes to take. I also seem to remember that it made the Beyonwiz crash occasionally.

Regards,
Ian.

jim16
Apprentice

Post by jim16 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 22:43

Hi Ian,

This interface is a rewrite of efry's wizRemote web interface to using ajax and a few other nice interface improvements with the start of (Very early as it only lists files) getWizPnP integration for the management of files. It still uses the wizRemote application on the wiz so for the timers to stick the unit needs to be rebooted.

jim16

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sat Aug 15, 2009 22:59

Hi Jim16,
jim16 wrote:This interface is a rewrite of efry's wizRemote web interface to using ajax and a few other nice interface improvements with the start of (Very early as it only lists files) getWizPnP integration for the management of files. It still uses the wizRemote application on the wiz so for the timers to stick the unit needs to be rebooted.
Bugger! ;)

Looks like I am still in the hold queue waiting for Beyonwiz to add this functionality into the firmware.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Aug 15, 2009 23:54

Wizremote shuts the system down in a way that stops wizdvp from overwriting the config file, and then copies the config info to flash itself, preserving the changes made by wizremote.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

j s
Master

Post by j s » Mon Aug 17, 2009 08:53

jim16 wrote:Hi Ian,

This interface is a rewrite of efry's wizRemote web interface to using ajax and a few other nice interface improvements with the start of (Very early as it only lists files) getWizPnP integration for the management of files. It still uses the wizRemote application on the wiz so for the timers to stick the unit needs to be rebooted.

jim16
Which is why my ToppyWeb has (not yet) become WizWeb (or PVRwb). I have a prototype that works with WizRemote but it stay as a prototype till the reboot need is resolved.

Return to “Software Developers”