Remote control and ability to copy files to the DP-S1

Advanced Discussions on Programing for & Modifying Beyonwiz Products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

yatcher
Apprentice

Remote control and ability to copy files to the DP-S1

Post by yatcher » Thu Jun 12, 2008 13:58

I have been referred to this forum to ask about the possibility of exploring 2 features.

I require the ability to copy files to the S1 device from my networked XP machine.

I would also like to be able to remote control the unit, through a web interface if possible. To start playback of files saved on the units hard drive.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Remote control and ability to copy files to the DP-S1

Post by prl » Thu Jun 12, 2008 14:13

yatcher wrote:I have been referred to this forum to ask about the possibility of exploring 2 features.

I require the ability to copy files to the S1 device from my networked XP machine.

I would also like to be able to remote control the unit, through a web interface if possible. To start playback of files saved on the units hard drive.
The only way to do the first is to apply a hack to enable telnet access to the Beyonwiz, and then use the normal Unix copy command to copy the recordings from a network share to the BW internal HDD.

If the BW is enabled as a WizPnP server, that enables a HTTP server on the BW that recognises a HTTP PUT command to copy files to the server. Unfortunately, the implementation of PUT is broken in the server, and all you get is an empty file. If that were fixed, the freeware tools for copying recordings from the BW to PCs (Macs, etc) could be modified to copy recordings to the BW.

As I said in the topic that led you here, there is nothing (from Beyonwiz or from the folk interested in software development for the BW) that allows you to take full control of the Beyonwiz remotely. The nearest things are IceTV Interactive and Eric's WizRemote, but neither of them offer the kind of control that you describe

The capabilities of the HTTP server on the BW are quite limited. It doesn't support a CGI interface, and even if it did, the scripting facilities in the firmware are quite limited. There are some folk on the forum who are interested in putting more tools onto the BW, but it's not all that clear how restricted that would be by other resource limitations.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Thu Jun 12, 2008 14:18

Many of us would like features such us those (and more), but unfortunately the manufacturer has so far not given any indication of when or if such features will be made available.

All I can suggest is that you attempt to contact the manufacturer and request these features.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

yatcher
Apprentice

Post by yatcher » Thu Jun 12, 2008 16:42

Cheers for the help guys :)

Return to “Software Developers”