getWizPnP - a command-line WizPnP uploader

Advanced Discussions on Programing for & Modifying Beyonwiz Products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jun 19, 2009 13:12

The getWizPnP release page has moved home.

Jani is no longer able to continue supporting the BeyonwizSoftware BB. Many thanks to Jani for providing the service.

getWizPnP releases are now available from the OpenWiz Software page.

Subversion access to the getWizPnP source is unchanged.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:10

I've posted details on the OpenWiz Recorded Files page of how the Autodelete feature in 01.05.301 is encoded in recordings.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jun 23, 2009 22:49

The last two bytes to decode in header.tviz!

The first 12 bytes of the header.tvwiz file weren't initially given in the WizPnP protocol spec or in the WizFX source code that were released by Beyonwiz. Recently, Hanjo said on the beta forum that bytes 3,4 of the header were the version number. Now it looks like the first 12 bytes of the header are:

Code: Select all

ushort magic; // always 0x1062
    ushort version;
    ushort vidPID;
    ushort audPID0;
    ushort unknownPID;
    ushort PMTPID; // Program Map Table
None of the tools I have tell me what unknownPID might be. It only appears to be different from vidPID on ABC services:
ABC1
vidPID0: 512 audPID0: 650 PID?: 128 PMT: 256
vidPID0: 0x0200 audPID0: 0x028a PID?: 0x0080 PMT: 0x0100
ABC2:
vidPID0: 2307 audPID0: 2308 PID?: 2306 PMT: 257
vidPID0: 0x0903 audPID0: 0x0904 PID?: 0x0902 PMT: 0x0101
ABC HDTV
vidPID0: 2314 audPID0: 2315 PID?: 2309 PMT: 258
vidPID0: 0x090a audPID0: 0x090b PID?: 0x0905 PMT: 0x0102

and on a non-ABC example:
SBS:
vidPID0: 161 audPID0: 81 PID?: 161 PMT: 1025
vidPID0: 0x00a1 audPID0: 0x0051 PID?: 0x00a1 PMT: 0x0401

I suspect that unknownPID is the second audo track, but it's odd that wherever it's the same as one of the other PIDs, it's the same as the video PID, not the audio PID. I think that when unknownPID == vidPID, that there is no second audio track..

On audPID1, if the 0x8000 bit is set, the audio is AC3, otherwise it's MP2.

Can someone have a look at the PIDs in some ABC header.tvwiz files and let me know whether unknownPID is the second audio track?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jun 27, 2009 17:31

The last two bytes of header.tvwiz have been decoded: they contain the PID containing the PCR (Program Clock Reference) packets. All broadcasters except the ABC put their PCR packets into the video PID; only the ABC has a PID dedicated to PCR packets; hence on all broadcasters except the ABC, PCRPID=vidPID.

All of header.tvwiz has now been decoded.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jul 26, 2009 18:02

Formats of the recordings and contents index files (in public releases from 01.05.301).

The recordings index file used by the Beyonwiz GUI is in /tmp/mnt/idehdd/hyperspace/recordings_index on the Beyonwiz file system, and is accessible via HTTP at http://my.bw.ip.addr:49152/idehdd/hyper ... ings_index

It is a plain text file with Unix-style line delimiters (single LF character). There are three line types:

+/folder/to/enter
-/folder/to/leave
/rec/folder/name<TAB>startMjdDay,startMjdSec,startUnix<TAB>endMjdDay,endMjdSec,endUnix<TAB>lengthSec,sizeKB<TAB>fileLock,unknown,autoDelFlag<TAB>autoDelMjdDay,autoDelMjdSec,autoDelUnix<TAB>Recording_Title
+/directory/to/enter - indicates the start of a new folder in the list; a full path name in the Beyonwiz file system.
-/folder/to/leave - indicates the end of a folder in the list; a full path name in the Beyonwiz file system.

The remaining line type represents recordings.
/rec/folder/name - Full path name of the recording's folder in the Beyonwiz file system.
startMjdDay,startMjdSec,startUnix - Recording start time; the Modified Julian Date, and seconds past midnight on that day as in header.tvwiz (relative to local time, so this isn't strictly an MJD date/time; and a Unix-like date, seconds since 00:00 1 Jan 1970 local time.
endMjdDay,endMjdSec,endUnix - Recording end time, same format as start time.
lengthSec,sizekiB - Recording size; in seconds and in kiB.
fileLock,unknown,autoDelFlag - Recording flags. fileLock = 1 - File Lock applied to recording; autoDelFlag = 2 - Autodelete enabled for recording. unknown - unknown function. 0 means disabled for all.
autoDelMjdDay,autoDelMjdSec,autoDelUnix - Autodelete time, same format as start time.
Recording_Title - Recording title as displayed in the Beyonwiz GUI (i.e. not mangled to work around file system name restrictions). May contain a control character at the beginning of the title if the name is taken from the FTA EPG.

I haven't found any way to change the state of the unknown flag. It isn't set if the recording is currently being recorded, and it isn't set by adding the recording to the Favorites list.

The contents index file used by the Beyonwiz GUI is in /tmp/mnt/idehdd/hyperspace/contents_index on the Beyonwiz file system, and is accessible via HTTP at http://my.bw.ip.addr:49152/idehdd/hyper ... ents_index

It is also a plain text file with Unix-style line delimiters (single LF character). There are three line types:

+/folder/to/enter
-/folder/to/leave
/media/file-or-folder<TAB>UnixCreationTime,unknown,sizeKB<TAB>media-file-name
+/directory/to/enter - as in recordings_index.
-/folder/to/leave - as in recordings_index.

/media/file-or-folder - Full path name of the media file or its folder (for media files bigger than 2GB) in the Beyonwiz file system. Folder names have extension .wiz.
UnixCreationTime,unknown,sizeKB - UnixCreationTime: the file creation time as a Unix-like time as in startUnix in recordings_index; unknown - unknown function; sizekB: size of the media file in kiB.
media-file-name - Name of the original media file name (without the .wiz if converted into a folder for a large media file).
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

BRI
Apprentice

Getwizpnp command line

Post by BRI » Fri Oct 02, 2009 19:48

Not sure if I should post here, as I'm using getwizpnp run in a batch file, but i'm using the version compiled with the latest version of Wizzilla.

--host 10.10.10.55 --port 49152 --folder=Move -L -- ts --move --all

anyway I have the arguments above after the EXE file but all I seem to get is the list of files
under the "Move" folder on the wiz.
After that it stalls without copy or move.
Is there something missing in the command line running under Vista.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
DP-P1, via HDMI
Yamaha rx-v1065 Amp
Jensen in-wall speakers
Samsung LED series 6 ( No 3D for me )
Readynas Duo 1TB
Netgear Router WNR2000
Cat6 Hardwired house
Ice TV EPG
Firmware 01.05.350

prl
Wizard God

Re: Getwizpnp command line

Post by prl » Fri Oct 02, 2009 22:48

BRI wrote:Not sure if I should post here, as I'm using getwizpnp run in a batch file, but i'm using the version compiled with the latest version of Wizzilla.

--host 10.10.10.55 --port 49152 --folder=Move -L -- ts --move --all

anyway I have the arguments above after the EXE file but all I seem to get is the list of files
under the "Move" folder on the wiz.
After that it stalls without copy or move.
Is there something missing in the command line running under Vista.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
The '-L' option says "list all the index names for the recordings and do nothing else". It's an option that's intended (and was added specifically) for internal use by WizZilla.

If you've really got a space between the '--' and the 'ts', than that's a problem, too. The Getopts package interprets '--' by itself as "all the rest are non-option arguments, even if they look like options".

I'm not sure why it stalls.

You also shouldn't need '--port 49152': that's the default.

The "correct" place to post about problems with getWizPnP is in the getWizPnP topic in Content, Software and USB, but this one seems to have worked, too :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Mon Oct 19, 2009 19:02

for some reason its not finding some of my favs?

an example
listings.xml

<programme start="20091022203000 +1100" stop="20091022213000 +1100" channel="sydney.nine.com.au">
    <title>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</title>
    <sub-title>Coup de Grace</sub-title>
    <desc>The team investigates the accidental shooting of an off-duty cop by another cop, whose unabashed racial bias raises the possibility that the shooting was not accidental.</desc>
    <credits>
      <actor>Laurence Fishburne</actor>
      <actor>Marg Helgenberger</actor>
      <actor>Paul Guilfoyle</actor>
      <actor>George Eads</actor>
      <actor>Wallace Langham</actor>
      <actor>Lauren Lee Smith</actor>
      <actor>Robert David Hall</actor>
      <actor>Eric Szmanda</actor>
    </credits>
    <category>Crime Drama</category>
    <category>Mystery and Suspense</category>
    <category>Drama Group</category>
    <category>Mystery and Thriller</category>
    <rating><value>M</value></rating>
    <star-rating><value>0/10</value></star-rating>
  </programme>
my fav

^CSI ALL ALL Title Any any 9 0 0
any ideas?
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
SD Toppy 5000PVRt BP - Not Used
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 21:45

Keh? Wrong thread perhaps?
Tony

craigh
Wizard

Post by craigh » Wed Oct 19, 2011 07:53

Hi Peter

Been a while since i have looked at this but....

Any idea why this command line would fail.

getwizpnp.pl --device="FishRoom_BW" --BWName --Verbose=3 --resume --maxdevs=4 "recordings/V8/Motor Sport_ V8 Supercars Mar.20.2011_12.59" --outdir="D:\CloneDVDTemp"

I am using the latest build of code but when i do directories it returns nothing.

Any files from the recordings directory work fine but not from a directory

The file being used is from --List

Craig
Craig
T4 + Kodi + Foxtel IQ2 > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Panasonic Plasma
T2 + Kodi Player > Pioneer Plasma
5 x Kodi + Enigma Plugin > LCD TV's
Retired - S1, P1, P1, FLV1, H1, H1
Foxtel IQ3 > Digi-MOD RL-DM1102 - SD DTV RF Modulator > All TV's
Remotes - Pronto TSU9400's + TSU7500's

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 22:08

Apologies for not responding sooner, but I've only just had a chance to look at it.

The answer appears to be simple. Just as you need to use --List --all (or --List --recursive) to list the index names of recordings in subfolders, you need to add --all (or --recursive) when you use commands with --BWName and index names that refer to subfolders. It perhaps shouldn't be that way, but it is.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

craigh
Wizard

Post by craigh » Sun Oct 23, 2011 06:34

Thanks Peter

That worked perfectly.

BTW - Is there some reason why the executable version of getwizpnp would be super slow on Windows XP.

i am comparing it to the native perl version I have been.

Craig
Craig
T4 + Kodi + Foxtel IQ2 > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Panasonic Plasma
T2 + Kodi Player > Pioneer Plasma
5 x Kodi + Enigma Plugin > LCD TV's
Retired - S1, P1, P1, FLV1, H1, H1
Foxtel IQ3 > Digi-MOD RL-DM1102 - SD DTV RF Modulator > All TV's
Remotes - Pronto TSU9400's + TSU7500's

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:04

craigh wrote:Thanks Peter

That worked perfectly.

BTW - Is there some reason why the executable version of getwizpnp would be super slow on Windows XP.

i am comparing it to the native perl version I have been.

Craig
Glad you've got it working.

I'm not sure what you mean by "super slow". It will typically be slower, though.

Oddly enough, the "executable" getWizPnP (and other perl "executables" created by PerlPacker) will usually be slower than running the perl source through a perl interpreter, because the "compiled" program isn't quite what you'd expect it to be. It's a small "real" executable that unpacks the perl interpreter and all necessary perl modules from the data part of the executable into the file system, and then runs that perl with those modules to execute the program. It's supposed to give a pre-packaged completely portable way of running perl programs (but it's sometimes not quite as portable as advertised). The PerlPacker code tries to cache this as much as it can, but it's still likely to be slower. This also is why the "executable" perl program is a honking great lump compared to the size of the getWizPnP source code.

It's meant to give an easy path to getting getWizPnP working on someone's computer, especially on Windows, where if you don't already have perl installed, the installation effort is more than most people are willing to accept.

I don't use the "executable" version of getWizPnP (or rtv2kml, which is also available in a compiled version) myself, except when I'm testing stuff.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “Software Developers”