Any uses of tags field from meta file ?

Advanced Discussions on Programing for & Modifying Beyonwiz Products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Altimes
Master

Any uses of tags field from meta file ?

Post by Altimes » Tue Mar 14, 2017 14:06

I've been continuing on my Mac (swift 3.0) cuts editor. In so doing, as an exercise, I have been adding the capacity to edit the supplementary files, I have recently developed a panel that decodes the fields from the .ts.meta file. I have noticed that the "tags" field is occasionally populated (usually empty). What I have seen is typically a copy of the event name field from the short descriptor of the EIT file with spaces replaced with underscores(_).

From the work on the source has anyone noticed why it would only be "occasional"? If the underlying code was copying the EIT file field into the meta file I would expect to be consistent.

Just a curiosity question.

If anyone can even point me at the branch of the source tree where that answer might lie, I am happy to ferret through the source to see I work it out for myself.

TIA Alan.

T4, 4TB
U4, (small SSD)
IceTV EPG
LG OLED65E8PTA
Akai AK5021S6WOS
Sony HT DDWG800
Wired Network via Telstra Max2 - ASUS RT-AX86U, Netgear DGND3700, GS108TV2, WNDR3700
Synology 918+

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: Any uses of tags field from meta file ?

Post by IanSav » Tue Mar 14, 2017 14:43

Hi Alan,

Look in "/etc/enigma2/movietags" for the predefined tags. Search the source code for tags but I believe the main usage occurs in "/lib/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py" and "/lib/python/Screens/TimerEntry.py".

Regards,
Ian.

Altimes
Master

Post by Altimes » Tue Mar 14, 2017 15:44

Ian,

Thanks for the pointers. I'll start digging.

Alan.

T4, 4TB
U4, (small SSD)
IceTV EPG
LG OLED65E8PTA
Akai AK5021S6WOS
Sony HT DDWG800
Wired Network via Telstra Max2 - ASUS RT-AX86U, Netgear DGND3700, GS108TV2, WNDR3700
Synology 918+

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Mar 14, 2017 17:31

For recordings, tags are extracted from the recording name in MovieList.load() in lib/python/Screens/TimerEntry.py. For other media, I think that tags are extracted from the media container's tag fields.

However, they don't seem to be being used in the way I'd expect them to be used.

There are also tag editor plugins, movietagger and tageditor, which I think should let you add tags to timers, but I've never tried to use them.

You can select media and recordings by tag by pressing RADIO in the media selection list.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Thu Mar 16, 2017 00:25

Your tags are most likely being generated by autotimers.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Return to “Software Developers”