WIZFX won't show files on DPS1

Frequently Asked Questions and How To topics for new users.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

lifter8

WIZFX won't show files on DPS1

Post by lifter8 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 21:43

WizFX shows my DPS1's IP address and recognises it but won't show any of the recordings. Any hints would be appreciated.

prl
Wizard God

Re: WIZFX won't show files on DPS1

Post by prl » Sun Jun 06, 2010 22:10

lifter8 wrote:WizFX shows my DPS1's IP address and recognises it but won't show any of the recordings. Any hints would be appreciated.
Try re-indexing the recordings on the S1. Go into the FilePlayer>HDD, and press SOUNDTRACK. Then retry WizFX.
Last edited by prl on Mon Jun 07, 2010 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

lifter8

Post by lifter8 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 23:06

fantastic - thanks heaps

logger
Master

Re: WIZFX won't show files on DPS1

Post by logger » Tue Mar 20, 2012 09:33

prl wrote: Try re-indexing the recordings on the S1. Go into the FilePlayer>HDD, and press SOUNDTRACK. Then retry WizFX.
Clearly I am missing something here. (I have a DPS1 an am trying to re index my recordings. Nothing showing in WizFX or Yardwiz.)

So I open fileplayer, have HDD selected and press the Soundtrack button at the bottom right of the remote. Should I see something happen?

Have done this and still see no programs listed in Wizfx . I just see my beyonwiz listed. That's all. Connected by Wifi. Win7 and XP PCs. no firewall active. firmware 01.05.350.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Tue Mar 20, 2012 09:54

So I open fileplayer, have HDD selected and press the Soundtrack button
Just a thought, are you highlighting the Recording Folder or just the HDD icon? If so make sure the Recording Folder is highlighted
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

logger
Master

Post by logger » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:01

No I wasn't. That fixed it and I immediately got the indexing notification and all my recordings are visible again now. Thanks Netmask.

logger
Master

Post by logger » Tue Mar 20, 2012 13:28

Not quite out the wood yet. Next problem. The program I want to transfer with WizFx was marked for deletion 1 day after recording when the time was set. So it ended up in trashcan. Easy I thought. Move it back to Programs. Did that but before I can transfer it, the system moves it back to trashcan and out of site of WizFx again.

I went to the program timer for the show and removed the delete after 1 day. But seems that only effects future recordings. Could not see anything in Popup that might stop it from auto deleting. How do I untag a recording for auto deletion?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 14:14

logger wrote:Not quite out the wood yet. Next problem. The program I want to transfer with WizFx was marked for deletion 1 day after recording when the time was set. So it ended up in trashcan. Easy I thought. Move it back to Programs. Did that but before I can transfer it, the system moves it back to trashcan and out of site of WizFx again.

I went to the program timer for the show and removed the delete after 1 day. But seems that only effects future recordings. Could not see anything in Popup that might stop it from auto deleting. How do I untag a recording for auto deletion?
I can't force a recording into the Trashcan as quickly as I would like so I can test this, but when the recording is in the Trashcan, try selecting it and doing POPUP>Auto Delete, and set the Auto Delete to Never. Then move it out of the Trashcan. This sets the autodelete on an existing recording. If you don't get the Auto Delete entry in the POPUP menu while the recording is in the Trashcan, move it out, and then change its POPUP>Autodelete setting.

Removing the Autodelete from the timer will only affect new recordings made by that timer. AFAIK, the Beyonwiz has nothing stored that says which timer made a recording.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

logger
Master

Post by logger » Tue Mar 20, 2012 15:25

Again thanks. That worked a treat. Autodelete option was available in the trashcan. So all good now and file is transferring as we speak.

Return to “FAQs and Tips”